Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember little about Xenosaga except Shion being the worst character ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

creationist believer posted:

Wait so is xenoblade the same thing as xenogears?

No, but is made by the same developer (mostly, Xenogears was an internal Square game but the people from that team formed Monolith) who basically use the Xeno prefix on a lot of their games.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
"Are Xeno(x) and Xenogears related" has got to be one of the most consistently asked JRPG questions for the last fifteen years.

edit: along with "how could the (>1)th Final Fantasy game be called 'final'?"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The xenosaga subplot about that cyborg soldier protecting the little robot girl predicted the Dad Game genre

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 30, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gamespot couldnt figure out the battle system and hated noppons 7/10

Ign liked everything except the unhelpful maps and surprise skill check in the late game that requires you to have ground out a specific blade ability 8.5/10

I think i'll get it cause it sounds like the stuff i hated about xb1 arent in it and theres gently caress all nintendo games coming out for a few months as far as we know.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

so is this game going to have 20 minute cutscenes

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it's time we all grow up and admit that 20 minute cutscenes are good.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

But can I build a town?!

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

when is enter the gungeon coming out

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Gamespot couldnt figure out the battle system and hated noppons 7/10

Ign liked everything except the unhelpful maps and surprise skill check in the late game that requires you to have ground out a specific blade ability 8.5/10

I think i'll get it cause it sounds like the stuff i hated about xb1 arent in it and theres gently caress all nintendo games coming out for a few months as far as we know.

having an awful map is practically a xenoblade tradition so I'm not surprised, but it sounds like way more of a sequel to XB1 so I'm likely gonna pick it up now. Reviews are scaling largely towards "great" so I'm assuming it'll be way better than XCX.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I listened to Jason Schreier talk about Xenoblade on today's Kotaku podcast and it sounds like this game packs in every bad JRPG trope into one annoying package. He hated it. Bummer.

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 30, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer
JRPGs are bad and so is anime.

Hail Satan.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GreenNight posted:

But can I build a town?!

Apparently every town can be upgraded based on ign's review

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Anime is good and this is not up for discussion. Namaste

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i can't wait until this game is out and I don't have to read anime is bad v. anime is good anymore

until the next anime game

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I listened to Jason Schreier talk about Xenoblade on today's Kotaku podcast and it sounds like this game packs in every bad JRPG trope into one annoying package. He hated it. Bummer.

He didn't like the first one that much either and in his review for that he was just bursting to express how much he doesn't give a gently caress for it but held back lest he be crucified by Project Rainfall

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

kotaku sucks who cares

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Oh. My. Zeus. posted:

JRPGs are bad and so is anime.

Hail Satan.

I agree with 66.6% of this post

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

DLC Inc posted:

He didn't like the first one that much either and in his review for that he was just bursting to express how much he doesn't give a gently caress for it but held back lest he be crucified by Project Rainfall

That seemed to be a theme regarding a few Xenoblade reviews back when the game finally came out in America.

They talked about how much of a glorious battle it was to see fans rally and force the game to be released in the States and now it's here and huh this particular reviewer doesn't actually like it all that much.

Like to them the journey to get the game released was more worthwhile than the actual game itself was.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Some jrpgs are bad.
Some anime is bad. Well a lot of anime is bad.

I'll start over.

Some jrpgs are good.
Some anime is good.
Hail stan.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Resi Revelations 2 owns and looks amazing on switch, but you sure cant play it portable without the constant worry that youll run amout of battery. It was going down like 5% a minute

njsykora posted:

UK people, the spend £20 with Paypal and get £5 off deal is going again. Basically save the offer to your Paypal account and it'll take £5 off whatever you're buying on the eShop if it's over £20 and using Paypal to checkout.
Wish I saw this before I bought it :(

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nintendo loves you

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/936245563506479104

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

praying to jesus for all you heathens

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what dumb ea game about a forest comes out in february on switch?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I don't know, but I do know that forest is gonna be full of loving lootcrates.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Just wanna get in on this Satan hailing.

I am very close to completely finishing Mario Odyssey, I want to sit down and do it this weekend and then spend the remainder of the year getting all 900 korok seeds because I am trying to be a thrifty gamer and get everything out of the games I've purchased and I am also crazy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

what dumb ea game about a forest comes out in february on switch?

I remember something about a forest during their indie showcase at their E3 conference can't remember what it is called though.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

I remember something about a forest during their indie showcase at their E3 conference can't remember what it is called though.

something about autism

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

there waa as also a dog

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If they want to rerelease XCX, then they should goddamn finish the main story. As-is it just stalls out into a cliffhanger right at the big mysterious reveal most JRPG's have at about the half-way/two-thirds mark.

Nevermind just plain not being very good.

XC would have been intensely better if it ended shortly after the big reveal so I can't say I agree with this.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Welcome to page 666 of the Nintendo Switch thread. Iwata sold his soul to the devil to make the Switch a success

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So what pointless non smash thing are we possibly getting in the January direct :mad:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

I really want to like JRPGs damnit but it seems every one of the big ones* are just bloated for the sake of bloat or, even if great, incredibly long time sinks. I still may try this.

*this does not include Chrono Trigger as that amazing game is all killer, no filler.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Macaluso posted:

So what pointless non smash thing are we possibly getting in the January direct :mad:

sorry for the double post but we are almost for sure getting more on the new Yoshi game. I'd imagine Nintendo will probably focus a lot on that as it feels like the kind of game they'd release in the spring.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i hope xenoblade 2 is good but i'm gonna keep saying it's going to be poo poo so if it turns out okay i'll be pleasantly surprised

hail satan

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/936252275097591808

Welcome back Nintendo Cereal

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

sorry for the double post but we are almost for sure getting more on the new Yoshi game. I'd imagine Nintendo will probably focus a lot on that as it feels like the kind of game they'd release in the spring.

I mean I'm excited for Yoshi and Kirby for sure but loving GIVE ME SMASH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Probably get a release date for Kirby, more info on Yoshi and maybe a release date, possibly some info on MP4. Other than that, hopefully lots of surprise announcements for 2018.

• Locked thread