Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vermain posted:

They have good, distinguishable silhouettes with good color schemes that express their respective personalities (Xayah's a little sullen and withdrawn; Rakan is outgoing and personable), and their chimeric features blend well together. Everything else about them sucks rear end.

I guess from a design purpose perspective, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Patch 8.0.1 Notes | League of Legends -
Added a line of dialogue where Varus says "vastayan moon-stalkers... I hate those guys"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like Rakan but I hate Xayah. Mainly because Xayah players suck rear end tho

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Someone once said to me that Varus' pants look like woven pubes and I've never been able to look at him in the same way since.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

holy poo poo pro click

Orv
May 4, 2011
:psyduck:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Oh, I wanted to come back to this:

Sexpansion posted:

oh also, the inspiration rune that lets you go into debt is underrated right now imo

Future's Market is extremely underrated, in large part because playing around proper back timings is something you only really start to see extensively in mid-Diamond. It's especially good on Spellthief supports, since there's a high level of variance in terms of how a lane shakes out: you might have a huge number of opportunities to proc Tribute, or you might have vanishingly few. Going back to base with just enough gold for Frostfang but no sustain is an unbelievably bad feeling. Future's helps to smooth out bad backs and turns good backs into even better ones, especially on gold-starved supports in the midgame. I almost never play without it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

did Lee W to GP at the same time that GP flashed into the bush? I have no clue.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

did Lee W to GP at the same time that GP flashed into the bush? I have no clue.

Yeah. If you watch it in slow-mo, you can see the Flash particles appear just as Lee arrives on the scene.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Christ, not only did they make a comic, but they put together a god drat CGI music video!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If yer gonna get quotes you gotta do it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNcSvKCOyA

This music vid is the best cinematic they've done by far

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

really wanna know how varus was the guy that they selected for the new CGI video

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Radical posted:

really wanna know how varus was the guy that they selected for the new CGI video

Varus skin and buffs incoming

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I can't believe they made that just because they changed Varus' lore. Riot has a lot of money.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
That was one of the gayest things I had ever seen and I suck dicks

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Tired Moritz posted:

That was one of the gayest things I had ever seen and I suck dicks

if you think that's bad wait til you see this guy's posts https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=753278

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Vermain posted:

Xayah and Rakan: two really great aesthetic designs utterly ruined by Anthony Burch's writing. I cannot play those motherfuckers without turning off champion voices.

We can also thank him for that god awful Ziggs and Jinx comic

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

if you think that's bad wait til you see this guy's posts https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=753278

i am the straightest person in this thread

/listens to seven hours of musicals on youtube

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think it's kinda weird that they decided to make a champion into literally two dudes like loving steven universe.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lovechop posted:

Folks, my posts are straight as hell & respect women immensely. You will not find a single one of my posts that would not full on kiss a woman on the lips romantically.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
So let me make sure I'm not misreading that

Varus is a gay couple that was combined into one body

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Never forget peak League of Legends lore: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=233054

League Judgement posted:

Miss Fortune spills into the Great Hallway with the same tenacity that she spills into her silk blouse - both taxed to contain her.

Also, his previous lore was better because he decided to get corrupted which gave him pants made out of pure darkness. League has a lot of bored lore people.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

JerryLee posted:

yuuup

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

JerryLee posted:

It's not explicitly stated because the Chinese censors would shoot them, but, yeah, they're 100% a gay couple.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
People are saying that Varus is the first gay champion and it's rude for people to forgot about Braum.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

interesting that the naked guy with the scarf was the gay couple

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

People are saying that Varus is the first gay champion and it's rude for people to forgot about Braum.

Uh what about Vi/Cait?? Hello???

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Dragongem posted:

Never forget peak League of Legends lore: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=233054

Also, his previous lore was better because he decided to get corrupted which gave him pants made out of pure darkness. League has a lot of bored lore people.

It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate for all League of Legends champions. They presented him the words: "Their previous lore was better."

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
They're lesbians, but you're right. I hosed up.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Vermain posted:

It's not explicitly stated because the Chinese censors would shoot them, but, yeah, they're 100% a gay couple.

"But Kai and Val fight on against his malevolent influence, hoping against hope that their love can overcome the darkin’s baser urges."

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Radical posted:

"But Kai and Val fight on against his malevolent influence, hoping against hope that their love can overcome the darkin’s baser urges."

There's more types of love than eros, y'know. :colbert:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Hoping against hope? What

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

It's a pretty common English idiom?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

It's an idiom that comes from the King James Bible (Romans 4:18), but the changes in nuance with the word "hope" over the years has made the idiom seem kinda janky to modern ears. A better rendition might be something like, "Even if things seem hopeless, you should have hope anyways."

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Huh, really? Glad to see this thread is educational too.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tired Moritz posted:

t
a
r
i
c

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Radical posted:

Bromance, no homo (lest the Chinese censor us)

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

t
a
r
i
c

Taric is beyond sexuality.

Riot pls change the lore and make Graves gay tyvm

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
So someone on my team declared Zoe, and I banned her anyway. I told him that I am playing draft to avoid Zoe altogether. He was 4th pick and told me to gently caress off. Our nasus top left at ~15 minutes, never to return. We won 4v5 because of Zilean, mostly.

The moral of this story is ban Zoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Spudalicious posted:

So someone on my team declared Zoe, and I banned her anyway. I told him that I am playing draft to avoid Zoe altogether. He was 4th pick and told me to gently caress off. Our nasus top left at ~15 minutes, never to return. We won 4v5 because of Zilean, mostly.

The moral of this story is ban Zoe.
Please don't ban heroes your team is hovering.