Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

I really like Hotel California

I'm so glad I went to see them play live before Glenn Frey died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

I'm so glad I went to see them play live before Glenn Frey died.

Same but with MOtorhead, they played with Judas months before Lemmy died.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Holy lol https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-admits-to-dilemma-over-staying-in-f1-984187/amp/

quote:

Lewis Hamilton has admitted he is battling a personal dilemma over his future in Formula 1, because he wants to continue but he doesn't want to keep missing out on other life experiences.

Rossberg chose to hang it up and just bang his hot wife in their luxury home in Monaco. What's Lewis gonna do?

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Basticle posted:

Holy lol https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-admits-to-dilemma-over-staying-in-f1-984187/amp/

Rossberg chose to hang it up and just bang his hot wife in their luxury home in Monaco. What's Lewis gonna do?

Bang Justin Bieber of course

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Basticle posted:

Funny how Lewis can manage both.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Basticle posted:

quote:

I think I am a big part of the culture I bring to F1, where I'm from.

Stevenage?? The gently caress is this shitlord on about?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Basticle posted:

I read the article and he doesn't say anything unreasonable at all

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Two possibilities spring to mind:
-F1 has lost his thrill now that he thinks he’s proven himself to be the best ever
-He’s gonna go try to beat Nando to the Tri—no wait he thinks Indy is too dangerous so scratch that
-Uhhhhh NASCAR?

There’s no way Lewis Hamilton of all people would be able to retire and actually stay away from F1, he’d be back in a year

Comedy option: he knows he’s in deeper poo poo with the taxman than it first appeared over his private jet shenanigans and he needs to run away and become a taxi driver in Timbuktu.

Whichever it is, Pascal Wehrlein needs new pants now

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Did anyone even read the article?

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Wirth1000 posted:

Nope

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

My favorite Lewis Hamilton moment was after he clinched the title in 2014 and said on the radio, “World champions! Oh my god, I can’t believe it!” but it was obvious that he could easily believe it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Wirth1000 posted:

Not at all, I’m 100% bullshitting based on my superficial understanding of the situation from a single cherry-picked quote

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

gently caress NO

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

harperdc posted:

Wrong rassler, friend

https://youtu.be/QJr4lMkElek

[Edit] just saw a dude on the train in Tokyo with a Marussia F1 jacket on. Well then.

Lmbo I’m now picturing all of you lot coming into this thread with some walk out song

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Lol no

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Isn't there this woman driver over in Japan who is smoking everyone in karts right now?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it's Hideki Noda's (he appeared very briefly in F1 for Larrousse at the end of 1994) daughter. We will see. Many women have done well in karts from what I understand only to hit barriers later.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Human Grand Prix posted:

only to hit barriers later.

Or trucks

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
This thread literally never fails to deliver

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GOD DAMMIT

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

;)

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Pirate Radar posted:

Not at all, I’m 100% bullshitting based on my superficial understanding of the situation from a single cherry-picked quote

DoctorGonzo posted:

gently caress NO

From the article:

Hamilton said that not missing out on other things he wants to do in life was brought in to reality by the recent death of an aunt.

"My auntie died from cancer and on her last day she said, 'I've worked every day with the plan of stopping one day and doing all these different things, and then I ran out of time.' So I'm battling with that in my mind.

"So I do live my life day-by-day and try to live it to the maximum. So that's what I'm fighting with – I want to keep racing but there are these other things I want to do. I want my cake and I want to eat it. I just want to make sure I choose the right time, but I think I will."

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
You're all loving insensitive monsters. Anyone would grapple with the realities of life after a close family member dies and you start to realize how short life is. No one is immune to this. Try to be a little bit more compassionate, holy gently caress what is wrong with you peopole

On an unrelated note:

lmao

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Im gunna be real honest and say the world and me are a lot better off as my family starts dying off.

My wife and daughter are cool tho

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

:piaa:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think ol' Steamed Hams still has more in him.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Another thing - aside from Stroll's fluky third Williams failed to get a top 5 all season.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Human Grand Prix posted:

Another thing - aside from Stroll's fluky third Williams failed to get a top 5 all season.

So aside from the fact that they didn't fail to get a top 5 all season, they failed to get a top 5 all season.

Is that you, Crofty?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It is.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Hot take: William’s haven’t been very good for the last half of the season because Claire has been off on maternity leave, Frank can’t travel, and Paddy Lowe isn’t known for his leadership skills. This has left them somewhat rudderless during a race weekend and things have gotten slack.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

learnincurve posted:

Claire has been off on maternity leave.....and things have gotten slack.

:geno:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

Hot take: William’s haven’t been very good for the last half of the season because Claire has been off on maternity leave, Frank can’t travel, and Paddy Lowe isn’t known for his leadership skills. This has left them somewhat rudderless during a race weekend and things have gotten slack.

Hot take: Williams haven't been very good because their drivers are an elderly brain patient and Lance Stroll.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hi wasn't the last time Williams was any good was when they were cheating?

They are trash. My favorite thing is how loving horrible they've been in the wet the past few years

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Hi wasn't the last time Williams was any good was when they were cheating?

They are trash. My favorite thing is how loving horrible they've been in the wet the past few years

My favourite thing is that you're loving garbage and a horrible person

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

True

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

My favourite thing is that you're loving garbage and a horrible person

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Williams and McLaren are both very bad teams

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Williams have the worst driver combo on the grid, and they don't even have Ericsson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Williams became bad when Adrian Newey killed Senna

• Locked thread