Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dont bother with mona lisa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

dont bother with mona lisa

Imo bother with one, the art is nice.

Five seems unnecessary though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just relax and dont buy anything from the prism shop besides tickets and youll probably be able to afford one

and then you can use a support rider from a whale with a MLB one, because if JP is anything to go by literally every rider with an AOE NP will have one equipped. you don't even need them friended since the qp quest is so easy, you don't need the NP. done.

reading about people grinding for nothing but it and burning all gold exp cards is literally insane

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh no!!! how will i grind QP!?

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

JP-side allows you to have account messages that other people can see?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was added fairly recently, itll get added to na at some point

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Most of my prisms are from 30AP runs and a handful of burned 3*'s, I've rarely used apples outside of events and I still wound up with 4,500+, still buying all the tickets each month. I literally don't know what I would've done with that AP otherwise besides I guess ironically QP farming, most of the servants I cared about still got plenty of gold XP cards to level up and obviously Xmas is coming along to fix all XP card problems for anyone who slipped through the cracks. I suppose I kind of miss the fous from that span?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Setting up your support list to get the most FP is the closest thing FGO has to PVP gameplay. That's why you'll see so many people people telling you you don't need Mona Lisa; if you don't have it that means more people will use theirs.

They'll deny it, of course.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Endorph posted:

lmao at first one

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
But seriously you totally don't need Mona Lisa. Honest.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Over like 5 years though it's gotta add up no?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

every word in this sentence is wrong in a new direction, so, no.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Ish? Ignoring the FP aspect basically every MP you grind for it from 30AP ember dailies needs you to run the 40AP QP daily with it once to recoup that cost. So if you need to grind a last minute 100 MPs at the end of February? You'll probably run QP dailies 100 times, that'll likely pay for itself. If you need to grind 5000 MPs for it because you somehow didn't get any from events? If you're planning to run the QP dailies 5000 times, even over five years that's kind of it's own problem.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Neat, "Tituba" is another Caster with a ST NP. Glad to see that pool expanding.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got NP2 Jeanne and Nezha with 3 of my 5 monthly tickets. I’m just gonna stop rolling for now, try to store some of that luck.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph posted:

ya but 20% is twice as good as 10%

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Like, the calculation on Mona Lisa being worth (outside of nebulous FP magnet ideas) is that you're not blowing AP on grinding exp cards for prisms, the main chunk is supposed to be from Events and runoff silvers.

That's why losing KnK event's 2000 prisms hurts so much. Then again the poo poo was 7K mana prisms to MLB back in the day so you win some you lose some.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheFireMagi posted:

Neat, "Tituba" is another Caster with a ST NP. Glad to see that pool expanding.

her voice is so cute i wanna her on NA now

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

So, how would you guys stat Caster Stephen King? While there's no way he's getting into FGO due to being still alive, he's totally getting into the Throne of Heroes alongside Dumas.

Maximum Overdrive should totally be a skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygWMy-QQNbw

Look at what cocaine does.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
More like Titty Uba, amirite

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

I have no idea what's going on in Salem, but man, Abigail and her fifty ribbons is super cute.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheFireMagi posted:

I have no idea what's going on in Salem, but man, Abigail and her fifty ribbons is super cute.
andersen and shakespeare wrote a play where jeanne, jeanne alter, and jeanne santa get burned at the stake by nero

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Umu!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

andersen and shakespeare wrote a play where jeanne, jeanne alter, and jeanne santa get burned at the stake by nero

Sorry, should have specified, I meant I have no idea what's going on in the new set of chapters. That play was hilarious though, God bless Shakespeare and Andersen and any scene where they show up together.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 30, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

padoru padoru

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So looking at it in order to finish off a raffle box after getting all the grand prizes it would take ~74 stockings per box. But given that just 2 Santa Alters on a team gives +8 drops, plus at minimum +4 from other servants and up to + 9, you could get +12 to +17 per drop, if you can clear any of the free quests with such a team. Not even counting the event CE. Probably not too hard to get through a bunch of them when you look at it like that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Space Flower posted:

padoru padoru

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So what's the bare minimum to get santa alter?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
One week long event aren’t hard.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Like, the calculation on Mona Lisa being worth (outside of nebulous FP magnet ideas) is that you're not blowing AP on grinding exp cards for prisms, the main chunk is supposed to be from Events and runoff silvers.

That's why losing KnK event's 2000 prisms hurts so much. Then again the poo poo was 7K mana prisms to MLB back in the day so you win some you lose some.

Has there been news on KnK?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I've been facerolling Salem with my super team of Merlin, Nitocris and Mozart (with Andersen and Nursery Rhyme as backup for when Mozart gets destroyed).

We really need those strengthen Quests for many Servants to show their true potential. A Little Night Music is so good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Has there been news on KnK?

No, but the Mona Lisa being shoved forward a month means it expires before the KnK event if the event still happens in the same timeframe as Japan.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ashsaber posted:

So looking at it in order to finish off a raffle box after getting all the grand prizes it would take ~74 stockings per box. But given that just 2 Santa Alters on a team gives +8 drops, plus at minimum +4 from other servants and up to + 9, you could get +12 to +17 per drop, if you can clear any of the free quests with such a team. Not even counting the event CE. Probably not too hard to get through a bunch of them when you look at it like that.
Realistically I think +12 or +13 is going to be the limit. I'm fairly high level and I yet I can barely fit in a +12 team with five 5* CEs in them; party cost is going to be the limiting factor there. Plus I think clearing the 50AP with a team of Nursery/Marie/Martha would be quite difficult even if they are all high level.

Tae posted:

So what's the bare minimum to get santa alter?
I think you literally get one copy of her for free from completing the final story quest on day 7 or so, but in order to get enough tickets to NP5 her you'll have to clear 4 raffle boxes. Which should be fairly easy, considering much of the point of the event is to clear like 20+ boxes, though it all depends seemingly on how much real life time you're willing to commit to do doing so, how many apples you're willing to burn, and whether you can clear the 50AP or the 40AP.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

+15 with 5 CE (including support) is only 99 cost.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Getting all copies of Santa Alter shouldn't be particularly hard or time consuming, especially if you're starting day 1. Emptying every single item out of the first 5 boxes, and then grinding out some indeterminate number of additional ones, is a different matter - especially the latter point.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 30, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

mightygerm posted:

+15 with 5 CE (including support) is only 99 cost.
Santa Alter: 12
Other 4*: 12
Robin: 7
David: 7
Caesar: 7
Five 5* CEs (either a Present For My Master or a Holy Night Sign drop): 60

That's 105 for +13 assuming a Santa Alter w/ Holy Night Sign support.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 30, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is it 99 if you replace one of them with Phantom of the Opera?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tae posted:

Is it 99 if you replace one of them with Phantom of the Opera?

No, because that 99 AP setup, whatever it is, can't remotely get to +15 if they're running a full set of 5* CEs. Barring MLBing a Holy Night Sign or two, and thus saving cost that way, the absolute best most will be able to do is +13.

-Santa Alter (+4) - 12 cost
-Jack(+3) - 16 cost
-4* bonus char (+2) - 12 cost
-Support SA(+4)

-Five 5* CEs - 60 cost

For a total of 100.

edit: And yeah, even counting Mash the number of servants is wrong for getting all the CEs, but therein you see the difficulties.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 30, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Using Jack (and especially Phantom) also seems like a bad idea for the 50AP given that the only Rider is in the first round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Pretty sure most people's frontlines for 50AP is going to be Robin/Caesar/S.Alter. Robin tries to NP burst Carmilla ASAP, Caesar will try to chunk off as much of Scathach's HP as possible, and S.Alter lets rip with her NP to cripple the last wave and clean up.