Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ArfJason posted:

for not reading anything about this comic in 4+ years i sure rememeber a lot about it, huh

its like being a smoker. all it takes is the right stimulus and suddenly youre explaining ectobiology from memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Libun, sign of the escapist. (teal + derse + breath)

accurate

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

its like being a smoker. all it takes is the right stimulus and suddenly youre explaining ectobiology from memory.

there's a reason why LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOMESTUCK was a thing

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/truesign.php?TS=Arist

So apparently I'm a headstrong prospit dreamer rustblood timeplayer.

Neat.

EDIT: After re-examining stuff, turns out I did it all wrong and somehow got a random one without actually doing the test because I'm an idiot. So, I'm ACTUALLY apparently a jadeblood light player prospit dreamer. Neat.
https://gyazo.com/6082acf0bae84c86391cb5dbe7f5e4c0

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 28, 2017

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/truesign.php?SC=10&SR=2&AR=1

I got a dick.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Upside-down Nepeta for me.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Arpia, some adventurer/scholar combo.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Any time someone sees a bunch of shapes, it's only a matter of time.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

KaosMachina posted:

Any time someone sees a bunch of shapes, it's only a matter of time.

is... is this... loss.jpg? :o

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i swear i saw some of these symbols in tyranny

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
It thinks I'm Sagiscis(indigo/derse/life), but I'm not sure. My friends always assigned me Void, and I kinda trust them more than a multiple-choice test.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It's a lot easier to hide the flimflam when you aren't stuck dividing people into only two categories on one of your three axes. I wind up with

quote:

[Prospit] Possibly because they are so instinctual and flexible, they like having a defined set of rules-a safety net for their passionate lives.
[Light] They aren't overly concerned with laws or norms, either. They often take rules as simple suggestions, instead searching for loopholes or work-arounds.

I like rules. A person needs something to ignore.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm True Scorpio, so i have foiled Hussie's plan of trying to make me buy ANOTHER bad t-shirt

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

So since we're going down the full list of marketing shenanigans, how will Hiveswap integrate lootboxes so they can make some money and then later back down off of it and apologize and try to make themselves look better for admitting they hosed up and fixing it

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
You know all those new trolls they're showing off? Buy a lootbox and you might just get a new character to play in Hiveswap's competetive PvP mode

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh! Ooooh! Itd just like the star wars thing!! Haha, lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
[Giant artifacted picture of darth vader] THIS IS WHAT THE REFRANCE

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
arfjason: joke getter

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I re-took the aspect part of the test three times and got Hope every time, which I think means I'd be one of those players who is frustrated with their own aspect's bullshit nonsense and spends most of their session time not really "getting" it.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I got Light on the fourth try but I don't think it counts by then, unless that's the triumph of hoping so hard you hope yourself all the way into a better aspect. I guess this is fine.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
WHO even MADE this conksuck test

BOTHANS????

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Android Blues posted:

I re-took the aspect part of the test three times and got Hope every time, which I think means I'd be one of those players who is frustrated with their own aspect's bullshit nonsense and spends most of their session time not really "getting" it.

Go for Prince of Hope and blow poo poo up.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Android Blues posted:

I got Light on the fourth try but I don't think it counts by then, unless that's the triumph of hoping so hard you hope yourself all the way into a better aspect. I guess this is fine.

you could have been something

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Android Blues posted:

On the bright side, your sign looks like a disaffected dude flipping someone off, so that's great.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

"Single and ready to mangle" sounds like someone's hit new album

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
The Fabulous Moolah reference. Nice.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"subcultural gatekeeper" is p good

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

KaosMachina posted:

"Single and ready to mangle" sounds like someone's hit new album

lot of blood on those pants

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I played the Hiveswap game and it was good

can't wait to play as troll guevara in a few years

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

or would he be troll Makhno he did have an anarchy banner or two

someone help me find "bossy anarchist leader" bc I'm coming up short

It's not a big category I think

e: this is too many posts

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I hope putting subjuggalators in a retail video game doesn't get ICP's people to start looking into lawsuits.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
so all the purple bloods are subjuggulators? Really starting to feel like some kind of weird genetic determinatism here, I thought Gamzee just was part of that religion or whatever and his dancestor was too because that's funny and they'r related so why not.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Aranea and Meenah, while discussing Kurloz, talk about their weird clown religion as being popular among their caste. And it does fit with the Empress lamenting how Derse isn't run by "nasty rear end clowns in charge", as would be her preference.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

so all the purple bloods are subjuggulators? Really starting to feel like some kind of weird genetic determinatism here,
Hereditary priestly classes are pretty common. Christianity is an outlier with the historical preference for unmarried priests & hierarchy.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
The Condesce was a huge proponent of biological determinism. After conquering the Earth, she tried to force humans to have differing blood colors, and make them breed through "donating" genetic material to enforcer robots. She loved the whole "Every X-blood is like Y or Z" part of her society, and I imagine Doc Scratch (who helped push their society to be like that) was pleased as punch.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/dril/status/932169283668504581

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

so all the purple bloods are subjuggulators? Really starting to feel like some kind of weird genetic determinatism here, I thought Gamzee just was part of that religion or whatever and his dancestor was too because that's funny and they'r related so why not.

It makes most of the canon troll characterizations so thin they're transparent. No unique personality, just checking off boxes on a spreadsheet.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tunicate posted:

It makes most of the canon troll characterizations so thin they're transparent. No unique personality, just checking off boxes on a spreadsheet.

tbf Gamzees whole personality for like half the comic was "the out of focus guy in the background"

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

I'm pretty sure that was even a running joke that for a time he was the only character that hadn't been seen in "Hero Mode" stylization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

im purple aranea