Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spoeank posted:

It's been less than a year and we are goading nk to nuke us with their missiles that can hit anywhere in the us and the billionaires are about to turbofuck everyone

Aaaahjhhhhjhhh

Oh and net neutrality is dyin cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Demolition Man is worse imo

Not only is Demolition Man a better movie than Judge Dredd, it’s a better Judge Dredd movie than Judge Dredd.

Alaois posted:

I would also accept The Substitute, the movie about Tom Berenger being a mercenary who has to fill in for his girlfriend as a teacher at a bad high school because Principal Ernie Hudson is working with a drug cartel and running drugs through the school.

This movie is great because it came out a year after Dangerous Minds had popularized the idea of white saviors going into inner city schools and saving the kids with tough love, and the Substitute instead asks “what if, instead of tough love, he just assaults and murders a bunch of people?”

Mark Dacascos was also a huge dude crush of mine when I was younger. Does anyone remember Brotherhood of the Wolf, which finally brought together two of the most important touchstones of childhood, Kung fu and werewolves?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Hey now Lean on Me predated Dangerous Minds! And even had a much better song than Gangsta's Paradise

Also Stand and Deliver

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

my favorite stupidly bloody moment from robocop

linked in case

https://imgur.com/iowW6aM

remake is better imo

:nws: https://youtu.be/KSPzsV2YN6Q :nws:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I look forward to watching tonights football game.

Especially because I just got my wisdom teeth out and the pain killers will dull however bad it gets.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Underrated part of that video is Robocop struggling to get into his car at the end

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

An 11th-Hour Raid by the Wealthiest Baby Boomers

Don't worry guys, it'll be our turn soon.

FULL COMMUNISM NOW!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Remember when they had a 40 year old play a 10 year old in a movie? If you had told me this whole production was just some weird proto-Tim & Eric production, I'd believe you. The movie poster also used to get posted here a ton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCNe0z7TsPE

My siblings and I loved this movie growing up. It's so good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Finished Punisher last night. It wasn't great. Meh

It did inspire me to reread Punisher 2099 though and loving lol

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/people/status/936320962819231746

welcome to the resistance, apple bees

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Guess I am living in Applebee's now.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's cheaper than the liquor store

Watch the DOT sue them to stop their alcohol sponsored acts of terrorism though

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

FizFashizzle posted:

An 11th-Hour Raid by the Wealthiest Baby Boomers

Don't worry guys, it'll be our turn soon.

FULL COMMUNISM NOW!

:thermidor:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

As if being a server at Applebee's wasn't horrible enough.

https://twitter.com/gettinnoticedmo/status/935752672627625984

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Holy poo poo no way lmao I need that to be real

The right is just grifting all the way down

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That's cool, but how much alcohol are they really going to put into those Long Island Iced Teas?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Eli Wiggum posted:

That's cool, but how much alcohol are they really going to put into those Long Island Iced Teas?

The article says 1.5 oz of hard alcohol, which is a shot, so you can get seriously hosed up for 5 bucks.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

The Tolkien white people. (And it's Bilbo and Gollum, Benedict Cumberbatch played Smaug)

If Dr Strange showed up in Wakanda with no explanation at all, I would think "magic" and accept it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

If Dr Strange showed up in Wakanda with no explanation at all, I would think "magic" and accept it.

I got beat to the joke because I spent time writing a correction, so I don't care.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Skwirl posted:

The article says 1.5 oz of hard alcohol, which is a shot, so you can get seriously hosed up for 5 bucks.

I loving wish

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I loving wish

A shot in the Bay or LA is 10 bucks so I'm all in on this

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

A shot in the Bay or LA is 10 bucks so I'm all in on this

You're going to the wrong loving bars or are too fancy about your shot preference. it's usually 4-6 for a well, 8 for Jameson and similar.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK but you can also just buy booze at a store and drink at home for under $1 a shot, and with the added bonus that you aren't getting drunk at a loving Applebees.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/LisaToddSutton/status/936327231625981952

Gotta let the trickle down happen naturally imo

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Skwirl posted:

we have very different definitions of seriously hosed up

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jota posted:

we have very different definitions of seriously hosed up

I'm assuming you aren't eating, because you're at an Applebee's

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It incredibly rules to be an american right now.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Wow who knew goons of all people would be elitist about how one consumes alcohol. Way to be the 1% :rolleyes:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/StarTribune/status/936340264486088706

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Leperflesh posted:

OK but you can also just buy booze at a store and drink at home for under $1 a shot, and with the added bonus that you aren't getting drunk at a loving Applebees.

If you don't see the humor in getting $5 wasted at an Applebees then I don't know what to tell you. I'm making it my mission to party at an Applebees at least once.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Wow who knew goons of all people would be elitist about how one consumes alcohol. Way to be the 1% :rolleyes:

You're the one paying 10 bucks a shot.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I think that's the shirt Curt Schilling wore last year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Skwirl posted:

You're the one paying 10 bucks a shot.

There are other places to drink besides dive bars and plenty of events that offer alcohol but aren't "bars".

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

HatfulOfHollow posted:

If you don't see the humor in getting $5 wasted at an Applebees then I don't know what to tell you. I'm making it my mission to party at an Applebees at least once.

I've had a few customers in the middle of nowhere towns where Applebee's is one of the only options. While I'd rather eat something else, it really isn't that bad...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

The problem with going to a place like that "ironically" is that you're indistinguishable from the people who are there unironically. E.g. you're just another Applebees customer, validating the continuing existence of Applebees.

If you're fine doing that then more power to you, I'm just suggesting to folks in the thread seeking cheap booze that there's another way.

e. Oh also I can't mentally distinguish the inside of an Applebees with that of a TGI Fridays. They're essentially the same, right?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Sometimes meeting at a lovely restaurant after work before you hit the clubs is the only way your schedules align :shrug:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
applebees happy hour is an extremely good way to get real good and toasty before you actually go out

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

applebees happy hour is an extremely good way to get real good and toasty before you actually go out

Especially with dem $1 long islands!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpSo-VJTeE8

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Delaware just had a 4.4 magnitude earthquake. Felt it in Baltimore and friends in Philly and DC all felt it too. Pretty weird.

• Locked thread