Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Kurieg posted:

It also learns Liquidate, which is a 100% accurate razor shell that deals more damage.
And it gets Leech Life, which is unironically a great move now instead of the joke move Zubats annoyed you with in previous gens.

Araquanid was one of my heaviest hitters in my original Moon team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Awesome, funny looking bug in, Slowpoke out.

Now I need to replace Butterfree to clear up having 3 pokes weak to electric/flying. I want some type coverage and at quick glance I lack Grass/Fairy/Ground/Rock/Ice/Psychic as notable attack types. Looking through my box I have a Smoochum, Mime Jr, Cottonee and Cubone (thanks wonder trade) at my disposal that might help cover some of this. Normally I wouldnt care that much about this but you guys make the totem pokemon sound like actual roadblocks so having decent coverage even for the story seems like a good idea. :ohdear:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Furnaceface posted:

Awesome, funny looking bug in, Slowpoke out.

Now I need to replace Butterfree to clear up having 3 pokes weak to electric/flying. I want some type coverage and at quick glance I lack Grass/Fairy/Ground/Rock/Ice/Psychic as notable attack types. Looking through my box I have a Smoochum, Mime Jr, Cottonee and Cubone (thanks wonder trade) at my disposal that might help cover some of this. Normally I wouldnt care that much about this but you guys make the totem pokemon sound like actual roadblocks so having decent coverage even for the story seems like a good idea. :ohdear:
Fairy & Ice can simultaneously be taken care of with Alolan Ninetales, who is cute and great (moreso if you get one with the HA)
As for ground, Mudsdale is a very good murderhorse, but mono-typed.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Ugh, Ultra Space is really the worst. I am terrible at steering, even with the circle pad. I just tried half a dozen times to find another Ultra Beast I'm missing and now my thumb hurts. :(

It really seems like a mini game that was designed with 3D in mind. I'm terrible at judging how close I am too objects, and invariably get sucked into a wormhole I didn't want to enter, or accidentally missing the one I wanted because I was trying to dodge something else.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ever get like 3/4ths through a pokemon game and realize that your team isn't very good?

I just got to Poni Island by the skin of my teeth. I have only one special attacker, 3 pokes weak to fighting, 3 weak to water, and my fastest poke is a Mamoswine.

Edit: Unrelated. I just learned that 'Fart' is blocked by the word filter.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 30, 2017

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ChrisBTY posted:

Ever get like 3/4ths through a pokemon game and realize that your team isn't very good?

I just got to Poni Island by the skin of my teeth. I have only one special attacker, 3 pokes weak to fighting, 3 weak to water, and my fastest poke is a Mamoswine.

you just gotta believe in them harder, that's all

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hey. Guys.

How the frick frack can Wailord use Bounce.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Wailmer is a ball, so it puffs itself up with air and bounces around. Wailord has a bit of a shape problem but otherwise it should work out. Plus, pokemon can't forget moves when evolving so

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hey. Guys.

Blubber is bouncy in the Pokeworld.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Kurieg posted:

It also learns Liquidate, which is a 100% accurate razor shell that deals more damage.

In other questions, how hard would it be to actually sketch sacred sword onto a Smeargle in USUM?

Catch one of the dudes that knows it from ultra wormholes, use it against a wild Smeargle (it will Sketch), switch your own Smeargle in.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hey. Guys.

Just think...

Supersonic Sky Strike

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Ultima66 posted:

Golem has always been kind of weak and Persian has the ability that halves all damage from physical attacks, so it's actually a pretty drat good pokemon now.
Also notable, Nanu's Persian is pretty much custom-built to wreck bugs and Ninetales-A with Power Gem and completely optimised speed. Even Ribombee gets outsped, Foxglove (my Ribombee in Moon) happened to have a speed-boosting nature and I later learned a natural 31 IV in speed, but I guess it didn't have the EVs :shrug:. And for Golisopod, it has Fake Out.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Jade Mage posted:

Just think...

Supersonic Sky Strike

Thousands killed by whale impact

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Quotey posted:

Catch one of the dudes that knows it from ultra wormholes, use it against a wild Smeargle (it will Sketch), switch your own Smeargle in.

Or look for wild Dittos, let the Ditto become the Pokemon with the move you want, switch in Smeargle, Sketch after it has used the move.

Your Smeargle needs to be faster and able to sustain the hit, so make sure it is higher level than the Ditto (shouldn't be hard with XP Share, Poke Pelago and/or access to late-game areas).
You can use the move deleter to make sure Ditto will have just one move to use. You can also just be patient in battle and stall turns by using berries and adrenaline orbs.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Can you hack pokemon this gen or did they lock that down? Mainly wondering if you could get the sm starters with their hidden abilities, then breed them to "legitimize" it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They'll still be considered illegal because the abilities aren't officially released.

You can use injecting or powersaves to modify a Pokemon however you like, but that doesn't mean it'll be legitimate.

EDIT - so uh, here's a conundrum

I caught a shiny Crustle in an Ultra Wormhole, and since I don't have the IV checker I decided to hit up an IV calculator to see what they were.

It says his Attack of 149 is inaccurate, with its nature being Jolly.

This thing has only ever been in its ball. It doesn't have any EVs attached to it. What's going on here?

Edit - oh I see. Wrong calculator. Did Crustle get a buff in Gen 7 or something?

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Nov 30, 2017

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I just did a very unnecessarily complicated series of self-trades and pokebank to get a skill link minccino with a mawilite into ultra moon, only to discover that you can't actually trade mega stones. Whoops. At least I got the minccino out of it, but I guess I'm going surfing for those mega stones (why are they so expensive!!!).

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

Edit - oh I see. Wrong calculator. Did Crustle get a buff in Gen 7 or something?

Yup, +10 base attack.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe the boost came after a multi-year campaign of riots by Crustle fans that ended up costing millions of dollars in damages.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Mierenneuker posted:

Or look for wild Dittos, let the Ditto become the Pokemon with the move you want, switch in Smeargle, Sketch after it has used the move.

Your Smeargle needs to be faster and able to sustain the hit, so make sure it is higher level than the Ditto (shouldn't be hard with XP Share, Poke Pelago and/or access to late-game areas).
You can use the move deleter to make sure Ditto will have just one move to use. You can also just be patient in battle and stall turns by using berries and adrenaline orbs.

I didn't even think of using Ditto, that's a good idea, thanks.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

Ditto's level does not matter. Transform copies the target's current stats exactly. Smeargle instead needs to be higher level than whatever is being transformed into.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
cool bug

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

ChrisBTY posted:

Edit: Unrelated. I just learned that 'Fart' is blocked by the word filter.

To be fair, Mamoswine is really good overall so he can carry you through most things.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

So what's strong against fairy/steel/dragon/ground/water/poison/rock?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kurieg posted:

So what's strong against fairy/steel/dragon/ground/water/poison/rock?

I THINK ground would still do 4x against that...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
hit that boy up with the yung freeze-dry

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Freeze Dry would do well.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TaurusOxford posted:

I THINK ground would still do 4x against that...

8x weak to ground since Rock, Poison and Steel are weak and none of the other types resist it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zore posted:

8x weak to ground since Rock, Poison and Steel are weak and none of the other types resist it.

Ah, right. I forgot steel was weak to ground as well.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hustlin Floh posted:

I believe the boost came after a multi-year campaign of riots by Crustle fans that ended up costing millions of dollars in damages.

Is Crustle unpopular or something

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
bro Lillie needs to calm the gently caress down or she's gonna have a heart attack before her sweet 16

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good news, Butterfree problem was solved thanks to wonder trade landing me a Dartrix. :toot:

Also a bunch of people got adamant Dewpiders because that seemed to be the only nature they would hatch with. No idea if that is good or bad.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Do I stick with this Noibat or scrap it? I already have a flier on my team with Murkrow, who has done great work ever since I caught him. Noibat has under performed consistently and I know Noivern is just around the corner but I am getting really frustrated dragging around this bat that dies in one hit to anything and does almost no damage when it does get a hit in.

Edit: It doesn't evolve till 48, I think i am going to bench it.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 1, 2017

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Phrosphor posted:

Do I stick with this Noibat or scrap it? I already have a flier on my team with Murkrow, who has done great work ever since I caught him. Noibat has under performed consistently and I know Noivern is just around the corner but I am getting really frustrated dragging around this bat that dies in one hit to anything and does almost no damage when it does get a hit in.

It’s pretty poo poo but also all of its base stats more than double when it evolves.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Furnaceface posted:

Good news, Butterfree problem was solved thanks to wonder trade landing me a Dartrix. :toot:

Also a bunch of people got adamant Dewpiders because that seemed to be the only nature they would hatch with. No idea if that is good or bad.

Adamant is very good for Dewpider, because Dewpider's attack is better than its special attack, and an adamant nature increases attack at the cost of special attack.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yeah and he's not really fast enough to justify a +Speed nature I don't think

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Maaan, my Florges really isn't pulling her weight. I think post-game I'll swap her out for a Tapu.

EDIT: Probably Tapu Fini, even though my Primarina is already Fairy/Water. I like her best.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 1, 2017

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PetraCore posted:

Maaan, my Florges really isn't pulling her weight. I think post-game I'll swap her out for a Tapu.

EDIT: Probably Tapu Fini, even though my Primarina is already Fairy/Water. I like her best.

May I suggest the only Fairy-type you'll ever need?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hustlin Floh posted:

May I suggest the only Fairy-type you'll ever need?

Wow I didn't know you could capture other people's trainers to use as Pokémon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scholtz posted:

Wow I didn't know you could capture other people's trainers to use as Pokémon

You're on my list now.