Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Toops posted:

Hello, my name is Barky Barktona.

...now that's a name I've not heard in a long time

e: baddgecat

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

then when do they wake up to that fact?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

intardnation posted:

then when do they wake up to that fact?

There was a very good answer to that question on the Jumpgate Evolution forums, but for some reason, I can't seem to find them.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
I mean hell the split the 2 for a reason and if agent is right I would be pissed that SC - what most people paid money for is getting rolled into SQ 42 and then they want subs for that. Plus the ongoing cash shop which
although stated would be shut down and just sell credits wont be. CR taken these guys for a hell of a ride.

I would be pissed beyond belief if I were still a backer. Bet shills be like - that is development. you just need a hot tub.

Edit: I can CR starting to charge an advertising fee for orgs soon for recruitment. and any signage in game - hell you can buy that too! everything is for sale. Your make believe company needs
to make credits so you have to advertise so you need a beacon for that dont ya?

Have they fleshed out the overclocked parts yet? cause I bet those will be cash shop items. well if they get that far. Your toon feeling down just buy power from the shop. I bet CR goes full hog.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 1, 2017

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Toops posted:

This game looks like absolute 2004 dog poo poo.

Why is one Shop Keep and the other SHOPKEEP?

Is there another guy called Shop_Keep somewhere that they just didn't include here?

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
Is there actually any game content behind SQ42? I'm not familiar with the first 41 squadrons.

Even if they took every asset they've ever shown since the beginning of the kickstarter and put it all together, they still don't actually have a game anywhere. Sure you can fly and some characters might look at you stupidly, but what do you actually do? What is the plot? Where are the core game mechanics?

I am not in the development world and clearly do not understand game development, but isn't designing the actual game part (including world design) the most labor intensive?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

I never played but a google search does show that it's basically a composite of a few helmets. But that design style is fairly ubiquitous at this point.

This is where I make a pun about it being a reach.

A halo reach.

Yeah it doesn't look exactly like it but it's the first thing that came to mind, the master chief green probably helps.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

big nipples big life posted:

Yeah it doesn't look exactly like it but it's the first thing that came to mind, the master chief green probably helps.

I've absolutely no doubt in my heart that you're 100% correct in that they're trying to ride that specific horse. It's such a departure from all of the other concept art that they've pushed out the door and so closely adheres to the identified aesthetic that there's no other reasonable answer.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I tried all that stuff - yada yada - it was chastised here because it doesn't conform to the "get a refund, SC is a SCAM" mantra that's circle-jerked in this thread.
Try as hard as anyone might, but predictions based on CIG's finances are nonsensical because ... get this ... no one here has access to CIG's finances. Not even Bootcha as a former investor (because they would have shown him projections, a business plan, etc, but nothing remotely close to financial statements).

Believe it or not, I'm not shilling for CIG. I have no need - CIG is making millions of dollars on their own without the help of shills. Yeah, I've dicked around here (who hasn't), but even if I were to put at least 50% effort into attempting to post a reasoned rebuttal/opinion based on my actual industry/career skill-sets and experiences, it wouldn't be met with anything other than "ban MoMA" or "your parents are dead." Which is fine because we're all dead and gay and it's a stupid video game - all that jazz.

Your options come down to admitting you made a mistake and getting all/most of your money out, or staying in your seat until the end.

I don't really mind which you choose, however it is obvious that 2 years ago you'd happily discuss what you bought in the latest CIG sale and now you won't.

The plane is going down and the pilots strapped their golden parachutes on quite a while ago. That disturbance isn't the drinks trolley, it's the forward door being opened.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Omniblivion posted:

Is there actually any game content behind SQ42? I'm not familiar with the first 41 squadrons.

CIG has been saving all the content for one majestic splurge this December. Don't miss it, Backers are gonna be jizzing their pants and declaring victory on all corners of the net. Then they'll spend a few millions more on the other game, Star Citizen, because they are linked.

AP posted:

Your options come down to admitting you made a mistake and getting all/most of your money out

:lol:

janssendalt
May 7, 2015
hi guys

how you liking 3.0?

bought any land claims yet?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

MOMA is makes me really nervous when you start talking about death.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Toops posted:

What kills me is that Illfonic made a perfectly decent, if derivative, sort-of-a-shooter that was part of what I thought I was backing back in the day. Chris says "Not good enough, can it all."

And now, the complete poo poo you linked is what he accepted????? This is the "visionary" we're all expected to fall down over?

gently caress, man.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

And now, the complete poo poo you linked is what he accepted????? This is the "visionary" we're all expected to fall down over?

gently caress, man.
Apparently he likes poo poo that looks like it's straight out of the re-used asset store. PAY HERE.

Perhaps that's the part we're all not getting about the remaining cultists. They're making GBS threads on modern video games because all those loving sci-fi outfits, gently caress that, where's the guy in the loving blazer and/or sweater looking shirt? Back in my day clothes etc etc

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Omniblivion posted:

Is there actually any game content behind SQ42?

Storyboard is done.

Programmers just have to layer on the easy part.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

gently caress, man.

The thing is that Illfonic had enough experience to make the FPS game, so of course C.Roberts must have been a client from hell. New SM was developed in-house, so you can't expect much.

If Roberts had somehow managed to write a proper design document, sent the 80 million into a competent studio with competent management and removed himself from the project to film mocap and famous actors with the other 80 million then SC could be a thing. The mocap and acting would be complete crap, but otherwise 80m would have made for a decent enough game.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I just want to know what happened to the dude who turned his basement into a cutlass bridge

Thoatse posted:

If you're talking about the guy I think you mean, it was a 'Constellation' and he's as massive of a oval office and a shill as he's always been except for those 2 weeks he changed his user name on rsi to 'GGCLOSE_CIG_SEEKING_REFUND' or some poo poo. His handle is ellinder or ellindar or something very close and he showed up all the time in screenies from r/ds and sc doing his Lancel Lannister routine

I bet he still sends vague threats of violence via pm to people he unironically calls Derek Smart if they say something naughty about Stat Citizen

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

hot balls man no homo posted:

So what is left to sell that hasn't already been sold and requires no work to create? Naming rights to planets? Custom skin coupons?

Weapons and armour for individual player characters, housing, bionics, more ships.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

As I see it there is no reason to release this "game" because people keep funding it so there is no reason for CIG to stop inventing new completely insane features to sale.

With all the features this game will have maybe in the future there will be only 1 video game and its going to be Star Citizen.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Toops posted:

The funny thing is that to my untrained unfidelitious eye, this looks fine. It's a game, I'm not playing a video game so I can see the individual atoms of argon wafting past your hyper-realistic individually rendered and animated nose hairs, I'm playing a game because it's a game. But of course "high fidelity super realism" is the route they decided to go and then they flubbed that part of it anyways. WHO OPS

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Housing options is one thing that they've not really touched on yet. Might be they wanted to wait long enough for people to forget that was something they were supposed to be getting with their hangars a couple of years ago.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
also jesus christ

hot balls man no homo posted:

He's using it to play Elite Dangerous.

this is what i expected

Thoatse posted:

If you're talking about the guy I think you mean, it was a 'Constellation' and he's as massive of a oval office and a shill as he's always been except for those 2 weeks he changed his user name on rsi to 'GGCLOSE_CIG_SEEKING_REFUND' or some poo poo. His handle is ellinder or ellindar or something very close and he showed up all the time in screenies from r/ds and sc doing his Lancel Lannister routine

I bet he still sends vague threats of violence via pm to people he unironically calls Derek Smart if they say something naughty about Stat Citizen

this was not

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

Housing options is one thing that they've not really touched on yet. Might be they wanted to wait long enough for people to forget that was something they were supposed to be getting with their hangars a couple of years ago.

There are no public toilets in Port Olisar are there?

F2P players may not:
* go to the potty

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

what the hell does FUD stand for?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

If you mean in terms of investing money it means fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/EllipticGames/status/935922166679289856
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/936200615507709952
https://twitter.com/EllipticGames/status/936285325931954176
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/936287152362713089
https://twitter.com/EllipticGames/status/936290133648670720
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/936220638896848898
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/936324443827245056

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Bugs Bunny's nemesis and comedic foil from the esteemed Looney Tunes.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I just googled it myself. Apparently fear, uncertainty and doubt? Pretty broad net they're throwing there.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

November is saved!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I think moma is one of those r/dereksmart idiots, but given there's an excellent chance that Chris Roberts is going to get away with scamming gullible idiots for 5 years, moma getting his money out would be less negative than watching it all burn.

Just so we're clear keeping your money in at this point is a choice.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The funny thing is that to my untrained unfidelitious eye, this looks fine. It's a game, I'm not playing a video game so I can see the individual atoms of argon wafting past your hyper-realistic individually rendered and animated nose hairs, I'm playing a game because it's a game. But of course "high fidelity super realism" is the route they decided to go and then they flubbed that part of it anyways. WHO OPS

It's not about polygons and fidelity, that's what PCmasterrace wankers like to jerk off to, but about style and substance. Even with all "high fidelity super realism", would that look like a thousand years into the future? Does the armor seem derivative? Are the shops attractive (like all shops should be)? Do they have a consistent style? Why are there some crudely photoshopped beer mugs (among other things) on that bar?

The questions never end.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Sandi claiming she needed to take a break for unspecified harassment is now "DEREK SMART PERSONALLY ORDERED DEATH THREATS AGAINST THE CEO'S FAMILY"

Just like Derek Retweeting a tweet with a public picture of Chris and his family was "DEREK SMART STALKING, THREATENING AND HARASSING WOMEN AND CHILDREN"

I'd love to have some Tarkaroshe glasses to see how other things in reality look.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Toops posted:

Just as a reminder, our intrepid hero of the Solar Plebeian 'universe is named Barky Barktona, which is a name I stole from actual un-ironic Star Citizen fan fiction.

I can't believe I forgot about that - I suspect I must have got it confused internally with Barkelona. Barktona was the planet, right?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

I think moma is one of those r/dereksmart idiots, but given there's an excellent chance that Chris Roberts is going to get away with scamming gullible idiots for 5 years, moma getting his money out would be less negative than watching it all burn.

Since the likely ending for this whole farce is death by a thousand refunds, MoMA keeping his money in and thus allowing somebody else to get a refund with it, is way less negative.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

I just googled it myself. Apparently fear, uncertainty and doubt? Pretty broad net they're throwing there.

It originated from the practice of established companies like IBM, Microsoft, etc to scare customers away from purchasing competitor products where the company, product and/or approach to a business problem was "new".

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

Since the likely ending for this whole farce is death by a thousand refunds, MoMA keeping his money in and thus allowing somebody else to get a refund with it, is way less negative.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Toops posted:

Why is there a Shop Keep and SHOPKEEP

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

End of MISC sale and day figures ahoy:

Overall, it's at least better than the RSI and Consolidated Outland/'Land beacon' sales, but still nowhere near the concepts/javelin sales that were done over the weekend. I'd give today a C+, overall.

And finally

November sits squarely at 6m. Not quite a colossal disaster (in fact, just a bit better than 2015), but still nowhere near as good as 2016's sale (which sits at 7.7m, going by Daz' numbers). Again, I think this is another sign of CIG's declining player-base, leaving the whales propping up the sales by trying to give them more and more enticing things to buy.

What's most telling is what was offered vs how well it sold. Over the last 7 days we've seen:
- A bounty hunter ship concept (basically, not-Boba Fett's Slave 1);
- A Polaris mk 2;
- A Javelin sale;
- Land sales; and
- Many of the popular ships like the 890 and the Reclaimer going back on sale.

Had this happened last year, at the height of the Citizencon 2016 fever, I have no doubt that this month would've been at least 7.7m if not a few more.

[Edit] title of first two charts for clarity, also just noticed a typo.

Nanako the Narc fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 1, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Milky Moor posted:

Lol they archered the doom marine

Well yeah, I mean come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Jason Sextro posted:

I can't believe I forgot about that - I suspect I must have got it confused internally with Barkelona. Barktona was the planet, right?