Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah it was the left one. Brand new console though, I thought that had fixed that issue already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lord Frisk posted:

Is LA Noire worth the buy

no

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah it was the left one. Brand new console though, I thought that had fixed that issue already?

Could have been old new stock. But in general all the newer shipped ones already have the piece of sponge on the antennas in the left JoyCon.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lord Frisk posted:

Is LA Noire worth the buy (and extra 14 gigs) if I've never played it?

Don't do it

Play Phoenix Wright instead. Or just read a mystery novel.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Kaubocks posted:

xenoblade chronicles 1 is one of the greatest jrpgs ever made and we're desperate for a new one

Ehh differing opinions and all but anything with MMO style combat is Real Bad if you ask me, greatest jrpgs of all time is as hyperbolic as hyperbole gets

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LA Noire is a very good port of a very mediocre game. They added really cool kisses of rumble, gyro control for investigation (like moving the object back and forth in your hand) and aiming, a ton of touch controls that work really well. It's an ok game, but nothing you'd every play twice.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Play Phoenix Wright

I mean, yes, always.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if XCX gets the port treatment before poo poo like Mirage Sessions or Bayo2 there is truly no god

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

Play Phoenix Wright instead.

Whenever I examined a witness in that game, I just kept thinking "Phoenix Wright did this so much better"

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

DLC Inc posted:

if XCX gets the port treatment before poo poo like XC1 there is truly no god

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

gently caress XCX.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

We know it’s an accident because it didn’t cost 2.99 to open.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

SPEAK THE LANGUAGE OF THE FOREST
SOUNDS, INTERACTIONS WITH CREATURES, CONNECTED AREAS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh poo poo Carpenter Brut :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Speaking of joycon connectivity issues, it's always been fine for me, but when I went to my friend's place over Thanksgiving and set my Switch up with the Nyko portable dock (this was before I found out about the potentially Switch-killing adapters), it seemed like it was the right joycons that were constantly dropping or having lagged inputs. I don't know if it was my friend's entertainment center setup or the Nyko dock, but it was really putting a damper on some of the multiplayer games we were trying to play.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I never bothered to get mine fixed, but it seems to really get bad if I rest the joycon on my legs.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

whoa why did nobody tell me how buckwild The Voice of Mario's official website is

http://www.charlesmartinet.com/voiceover.html

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

if XCX gets the port treatment before poo poo like Mirage Sessions or Bayo2 there is truly no god

The devs statement was a "we will think about it" which is how devs say no.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KingSlime posted:

Ehh differing opinions and all but anything with MMO style combat is Real Bad if you ask me, greatest jrpgs of all time is as hyperbolic as hyperbole gets

Dqv is the greatest
Fight me

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I, a tremendous dumb-dumb, bought a pair of bluetooth headphones without realizing that the Switch doesn't transmit bluetooth audio despite having bluetooth hardware. On Nintendo! At least the headphones will work with literally every other mobile device I have.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Dqv is the greatest
Fight me

DQIV is better

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I, a tremendous dumb-dumb, bought a pair of bluetooth headphones without realizing that the Switch doesn't transmit bluetooth audio despite having bluetooth hardware. On Nintendo! At least the headphones will work with literally every other mobile device I have.
I bet something like Creative’s USB Bluetooth audio adapter would work. That’s what I use on my PS4 since it doesn’t natively support Bluetooth audio either.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

DQIV is better

Maybe

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

DLC Inc posted:

lol this thread was adamant on the fact that all those 3 titles would've been released on the switch super fast

it's almost one year now and there's absolutely no guarantee that either of those will ever come

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 1, 2017

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
on the other hand this thread never gave a gently caress about la noir but boy they released it as soon as they could like their asses were on fire

Aug 2, 2000

Kawabata posted:

on the other hand this thread never gave a gently caress about la noir but boy they released it as soon as they could like their asses were on fire
*Picks up game case and turns it over*
Hmmm. This doesn't seem relevant.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

No doubt about it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why the gently caress are you talking about the opinion of this thread like it's a gestalt hivemind or something?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Andrast posted:

Why the gently caress are you talking about the opinion of this thread like it's a gestalt hivemind or something?

Golf games are good

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Andrast posted:

Why the gently caress are you talking about the opinion if this thread like it's a gestalt hivemind?

because it is on several games and consoles, but I wouldnt call it "hivemind" since SA nowadays is basically the same 20 or so people posting in each forum, so it's just goons with similar tastes posting in the same threads

it's really a benign and common phenomenon actually, even when the opinions are bad

(they are)

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

my opinions are also terrible, but in a different way

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What on earth are the Snow Shoes supposed to do in Golf Story.
"Snow traction" is not helpful.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Golf games are good

finally a good post

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Oh poo poo I just remembered about golf story

Totally stopped playing that when Odyssey dropped

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Golf games are good

Yeah I'm playing Everybody's Golf right now, it's loving rad. I wish Nintendo would make a Mario Golf, nay, some kind of Super Smash Golf.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
So is the eshop supposed to be absolute garbage or did I hit a one off glitch where its decided to charge my bank account twice and not actually purchase the game/credit my account. Same thing happened the only time I bought something on the eshop with my 3ds. :(

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Artix posted:

Sun and Moon *were* the BotW treatment for Pokemon. They threw out a bunch of structural stuff like HMs and Gyms and completely started over with everything. I don't know what you want with "linear" though because every single Pokemon game has been linear as poo poo and the few tiny bits that aren't are almost always the worst parts of the game.

If Sun and Moon had the same world map and mechanics, but literally dropped Lillie as a character from the plot entirely, and every mid-route cutscene as well, it'd maybe be the best Pokemon game yet.

As it stands, by the end of the game I really hated it. I felt like my Pokemon adventure had gotten hijacked by a bunch of dumb kids who never shut up. A few scenes to flesh out the Kahunas and trials, sure, but every single route, every single area in the game seems to have one, if not multiple talking scenes. The game will never, ever let you sequence break, even though they went through the trouble of designing island maps that are all roughly circular and feed into each other. If they had added maybe one or two gateways in key places, they could have made entire islands interconnected to each other beyond just numbered routes.

As it stands, though, Pokemon didn't need to become more like every other RPG. It didn't really need weird anime supervillains, it didn't need dramatic story elements. I don't mind the story ocassionally dipping its toe in -- Pokemon Black did this perfectly fine, and its villain Team is probably my favorite of the bunch, but it had the decency to pace its story well, with a lot of the story backloaded to an appropriate juncture and the areas were pretty spacious, you could explore relatively freely and wander into caves and poo poo that were totally optional and out of the way if you wanted. The postgame unlocked like three new areas on the map too, it was very exploration-focused.

If the next Pokemon game is like Sun and Moon, I'm probably not going to buy it. As it stands, Yokai Watch basically eclipsed a lot of what Sun and Moon seeks to accomplish and innovates the genre while doing so.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Autonomous Monster posted:

So it turns out Tim Rogers does videos now and he did a video on XC2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aN7jngFdz4

It made me laugh.

Side note: I'm have a hard time imagining one of Rogers' articles read in that voice. This is not the voice I was expecting this man to have.

I watched this whole video that pointed out the dumb poo poo in the game but it made me want to buy it :(

Aug 2, 2000

Samurai Sanders posted:

I bet something like Creative’s USB Bluetooth audio adapter would work. That’s what I use on my PS4 since it doesn’t natively support Bluetooth audio either.
That would work but it's not my home setup that's the issue. I was really hoping to use wireless headphones on the train and on my lunch break. I just pray Nintendo opens up the ability with a software update eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Some of that feels weird to call out while praising Black at the same time, considering so much of Unova IS a circle you have to travel across in a very linear manner.

Also, the Pokemon yakuza are pretty anime supervillains too.

• Locked thread