Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah because three out of four runners died to Phantoon during a low% race last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh I forgot SMW's message at the end of I wanna say Radical was YOU ARE A SUPER PLAYER

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah because three out of four runners died to Phantoon during a low% race last time.

Also the race was terrible with commentators yelling at the crowd to shut up.

And at AGDQ one of the commentators told the crowd to kill themselves.

basically Metroid's been having some issues for a while.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Just did the darker side hatless scooterless challenge. That was frustrating but fun. Being forced to actually learn to conserve your speed was an interesting challenge. It looked loving impossible at first.

Also pro tip to that guy that couldn't triple jump, you don't even need to time it just mash the jump button and as long as you're moving in a straightish line you'll ace it every time. I think I avoided using the move until now because of how finicky the timing was in older games, its really a lot easier in Odyssey.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What’s the best way to look at the current speedrun world records for this/other games?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Escobarbarian posted:

What’s the best way to look at the current speedrun world records for this/other games?

speedrun.com

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

This is the place to be: https://www.speedrun.com/smo

They're all also recorded so you can probably watch them, too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

andipossess posted:

This is the place to be: https://www.speedrun.com/smo

They're all also recorded so you can probably watch them, too.

I wonder what it's going to take to get this under an hour.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

MassRafTer posted:

I wonder what it's going to take to get this under an hour.

A few pages ago there was a strat posted that let people go through certain walls, that seems promising for shaving off at least a few minutes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So Kellogg's is gonna be making Super Mario Cereal. And get this: The boxes are amiibo.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/935660236823707648

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Odyssey was the first game I've played that I can remember openly laughing with delight at every other surprise. I think if you didn't "get" the outfits perhaps you might be dead inside?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
But what's the point??

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It doesn't even do anything. 6/10

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Taear posted:

I've still got three things that show as ? in the possession menu. One of them is after the meat from Luncheon Kingdom. Anyone know what it might be? It seems strange to have done everything but still be missing a few.

Have you gotten all the moons? There are a couple I missed the first time around because they are :ssh: objects instead of enemies

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

lifts cats over head posted:

Have you possessed the piranha plants? I didn't discover that this was possible until everything else was pretty much done.

Same for me right here. I had no idea you could. I never though to try and capture the fire flower after throwing a rock in its mouth. I got the lantern moons by just having the fire flower shoot at me then dodging

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So did I steal that dog? Seemed like Toad was just lending him to me and now he's just on the Odyssey all of the time.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

now that I'm in the post game im realizing i wish you could turn the hud off like in botw. its not all that much but it'd be nice

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Daveski posted:

Have you gotten all the moons? There are a couple I missed the first time around because they are :ssh: objects instead of enemies

Yep, every moon from everywhere. We didn't leave a world until they were totally done!

How do you possess a piranha plant? I float up to them as Cappy and they just eat me.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Taear posted:

How do you possess a piranha plant? I float up to them as Cappy and they just eat me.

The answer is on this very page.

I'm going to be very amused if it turns out it's another totally optional thing that doesn't work in two player, but I doubt it.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

The Bloop posted:

I'm going to be very amused if it turns out it's another totally optional thing that doesn't work in two player, but I doubt it.
Not only can you possess a pirana plant in co-op but you can detach cappy and ground-pound the possesed plant, "killing" mario. Or at least putting the game into a gitched state where mario no longer exists but cappy can still move around but the camera is still locked to mario's position.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

The Bloop posted:

In the post below the post I was quoting which hadn't appeared yet. Don't be a jerk.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So I can take my Switch to the grocery store and just scan the Amiibo on the back of the box using my Joycon? Cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, but it's just a normal amiibo. No costume or special ability.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What does it give you then? What’s the point?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RCarr posted:

What does it give you then? What’s the point?

Your Cereal Box is out looking for a hint. Come back in five minutes. Also, have a few coins.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Your Cereal Box is out looking for a hint. Come back in five minutes. Also, have a few coins.

It's a Delicious amiibo.

Also I would imagine that it acts as a 3 dollar alternative to a 12 dollar figure and also you can eat it.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Nintendo: Please port Mario Maker so I can build courses based around being a cereal box.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like if they make it so that the cereal boxes being random common amiibos with one box having a chance of being like loving Majora’s Mask Link or other super uncommon amiibos holy hell Nintendo would own the cereal world

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Paying for loot boxes sucks enough I don’t want to eat them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

Also the race was terrible with commentators yelling at the crowd to shut up.

And at AGDQ one of the commentators told the crowd to kill themselves.

basically Metroid's been having some issues for a while.

one guy suggested people that were making a waluigi sound in the room go walk out in traffic, completely killed the mood of the room for what was about to be the finale

but then the undertale finale ramped it back up

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Rolo posted:

Paying for loot boxes sucks enough I don’t want to eat them.

You just eat the cereal you can keep the box.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Calaveron posted:

Oh I forgot SMW's message at the end of I wanna say Radical was YOU ARE A SUPER PLAYER

Actually it was Funky. Also for not knowing that by heart I'm sorry but you are going to have to stop calling yourself a Mario fan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, it's not a loot box. It's just a generic amiibo. Every box gives you the same thing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

eonwe posted:

one guy suggested people that were making a waluigi sound in the room go walk out in traffic, completely killed the mood of the room for what was about to be the finale

but then the undertale finale ramped it back up

Was the Undertale speedrun good? I love Undertale but it's a turn based RPG with a lot of walking and talking, I can't imagine it makes for a great speedrun.

I wish Mario Odyssey was gonna be at AGDQ but from what I understand the game came out a bit too late :( It's mesmerizing to watch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Macaluso posted:

Was the Undertale speedrun good? I love Undertale but it's a turn based RPG with a lot of walking and talking, I can't imagine it makes for a great speedrun.

I wish Mario Odyssey was gonna be at AGDQ but from what I understand the game came out a bit too late :( It's mesmerizing to watch

one of the best gdq runs ever

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

undertale saved gdq from the lowest point it had been in a long time

hug that goat

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Got my hands on a Switch for a few weeks so digging into this.

Rango has replaced Waluigi as the best worst character. I so hope he's in every Mario sport/kart game from now on. The other Broodals can go gently caress themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Rango vs Rabbid Mario in the Annoying Battle of the Century

• Locked thread