Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

Something Maulful goons, here's our strategy for Territory Wars:

1. Deploy around 4 teams of varying strength to 4 different territories, and one fleet (ships are the back two on the top row).
2. Hold back your resistance team, phoenix team (because these teams tend to do better on offense), and your arena team
3. Tomorrow, when the fight starts, try to select matches where you you believe you will have close wins. Any given offense team only fights once, so there's no need to set up a match where you crush the enemy team while taking no damage.
4. Similarly, don't start a fight where you're going to be crushed without getting at least one kill, because defending teams work like GW, where they keep damage but also keep turn meter.
5. This is a learning experience for everyone, don't get too worked up about it.

I only have two team eligible for TW and I put them both on defense, whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
This shitshow TB is over and as the guild coordinator, i get rewarded with... nothing...

Half of my guild didn't get their rewards, mostly people that had the app running when the servers restarted. Our star count in achievements didn't get credited as well.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Chilichimp posted:

Yes, I was saying wedge/rex are good arena leaders and you should focus one.

Old Ben might be okay for now.

tadashi posted:

The clearest path I can see for you for a better arena squad might be Wiggs/R2/Leia/OB with Wedge leading. You can probably do well with them.

You're not all that far off from having the characters for some of the more commonly used teams in arena:

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

Thanks

I guess i will do [Wedge L, Biggs, R2, Leia, OB] then. Not a fan of any of those characters except R2, but my Rex is only GL7 and i want to gear up my FO in preparation of BB8, and i lack other characters commonly used with Rex (GK, Barista)
I like Nihilus and Thrawn, would [Rex L, Nihilus, Thrawn, R2, OB] work?
My Arena meta is a bit whale-y at the high end with several GK's and CLS's at G12, but the 30-200 positions are mostly Wiggs, Phoenix Squad or Sith teams.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
We got 30 stars which is what, one or two less than we usually get in LS TB? I went a lot better than I expected.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks

I guess i will do [Wedge L, Biggs, R2, Leia, OB] then. Not a fan of any of those characters except R2, but my Rex is only GL7 and i want to gear up my FO in preparation of BB8, and i lack other characters commonly used with Rex (GK, Barista)
I like Nihilus and Thrawn, would [Rex L, Nihilus, Thrawn, R2, OB] work?
My Arena meta is a bit whale-y at the high end with several GK's and CLS's at G12, but the 30-200 positions are mostly Wiggs, Phoenix Squad or Sith teams.

Yeah, until you've got GK/CLS, that would be a fine comp.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

This shitshow TB is over and as the guild coordinator, i get rewarded with... nothing...

Half of my guild didn't get their rewards, mostly people that had the app running when the servers restarted. Our star count in achievements didn't get credited as well.

log a customer service complaint, seriously. They'll never know until you tell them and you might get a big crystal compensation or something.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

We got 30 stars which is what, one or two less than we usually get in LS TB? I went a lot better than I expected.

True, but we barely did any of the bonus missions.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Mr. Neutron posted:

We also got a 3 star bump because now the first day has 2 nodes instead of 1.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

We also got a 3 star bump because now the first day has 2 nodes instead of 1.

we didn't three star them both.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

For TW, do you think it's a good idea to try to diversify the defense squads? In other words, try not to overload one territory with too many rebel/empire/etc squads, if possible?

I guess things will change in the future with they experiment with faction bonuses in certain territories and whatnot.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
How good do the first order guys need to be for BB8? I have G11 Zeta Kylo and G9 Phasma. Can they carry the others?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

UmOk posted:

How good do the first order guys need to be for BB8? I have G11 Zeta Kylo and G9 Phasma. Can they carry the others?

There was a guy that did it with a G11 Zylo the first time around. Everyone else was lvl 1.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Chilichimp posted:

log a customer service complaint, seriously. They'll never know until you tell them and you might get a big crystal compensation or something.

their customer log is now at 72 hours waittime, but apparently they are investigating the matter a little more thoroughly. Their first response was "wait for it" which is utter bull, as the crash made the system believe that half of my guild didn't participate at all in TB (hence the star count not updating in achievements).

But at least I'm not alone in this. Last week a lot of guilds didn't get their ROLO special mission rewards as well, still nothing on that either.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'm hoping to get BB8 on the next go-round. I have a G11 Kylo and G8 the rest except stormtrooper who is like 5*.

Also, Thrawn loves him some carbantis. :suicide:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm hoping to get BB8 on the next go-round. I have a G11 Kylo and G8 the rest except stormtrooper who is like 5*.

Also, Thrawn loves him some carbantis. :suicide:

You'll definitely get a 5* one

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

When is the next Bb-8?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Canemacar posted:

When is the next Bb-8?

Probably not for many years, but BB2 is scheduled for release March 26, 2021. The good news is Alec Baldwin is on board to reprise the lead role.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

fishtobaskets posted:

Probably not for many years, but BB2 is scheduled for release March 26, 2021. The good news is Alec Baldwin is on board to reprise the lead role.

I meant the Breaking bad spinoff, where Walter Jr. Flynn becomes the new kingpin of the Southwest.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
BB-8 should theoretically come back before jrey, which is theoretically on the 15th, unless its falcon instead of jrey because gently caress the playerbase

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm guessing they didn't announce CLS in the monthly lineup either? I was expecting to see it, or BB-8 or something in December.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
They don't have any legendary character events listed except for the currently running Yoda one, so something is getting sprung on us.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I am afraid to level and star my newly farmed characters for fear of GW getting harder.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

WerrWaaa posted:

I am afraid to level and star my newly farmed characters for fear of GW getting harder.

GW is now incredibly easy at level 85. I run a single team (CLS, Leia, Raid Han, Wedge, Biggs) and auto all the way through it, occasionally losing one guy in the last mission.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

two_step posted:

GW is now incredibly easy at level 85. I run a single team (CLS, Leia, Raid Han, Wedge, Biggs) and auto all the way through it, occasionally losing one guy in the last mission.

Echoing this. My nightsisters have no trouble clearing it. I haven't seen a CLS in it since the patch, and I was usually facing something cheesy on node 12.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

WerrWaaa posted:

I thought they had fixed that. GW doesn’t get harder for me anymore, at any rate, now that the levels are coming slower and slower.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
GW difficulty is now set to a player who has recently reached level 85 with a half decent arena team. Which mean only node 12 should give someone at that level trouble. It's made GW a breeze to clear for vets who were running in all g12 200+ speed gently caress you teams at node 6, 9, 11, & 12. My own arena can now tear through a GW in under 10 minutes.

Something maulful is down to the last two territories in this war, what I'm unsure on is do we "win" if we wipe out all their territories before they take down ours? Or do they get till the end of the deadline to clear our territories, do we both get equal rewards for both clearing? Is there a bonus for us clearing and them not? I wish they'd release giant walls of text explaining this stuff alongside the endless YouTube videos I won't watch.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 1, 2017

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I know there’s a damage hold on Rancor for the first 24 hours, but what’s the go-to way to do zero damage but still get on the board for rewards?

This is purely theoretical, as my team of Talia, Biggs, and Garzeb usually do 0 damage before wiping regardless.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

im cute posted:

I know there’s a damage hold on Rancor for the first 24 hours, but what’s the go-to way to do zero damage but still get on the board for rewards?

This is purely theoretical, as my team of Talia, Biggs, and Garzeb usually do 0 damage before wiping regardless.

You can enter a single character, just ok the warning and then make sure you only hits the guards not the captain.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have never had this much trouble with GW.

Back when it was in gently caress you mode at least i didn't meet enemy lineups with oneshot mechanics such as wiggs, boba fett, Veers trooper rapetrains etc. Now every single loving squad i meet has one of these lineups (or a DN led sith squad)

Every fight is a constant exercise in having to restart because biggs + wedge + a random oneshot one of my guys, or boba's rocket oneshotting one of my guys due to having a bunch of heal effects from Chirrut, or Veersusing his assist to have all his troopers oneshot one of my guys. Then you have the DN squads which virtually always means DN will erase one of my guys on his third turn so i need to focus fire him down while maul, sid and dooku has a field day.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
GW has become a poo poo-ton easier for me. Instead of seeing hilarious whale brigades even at G9, I can auto it to G11 with my not-so-good resistance team and then use CLS to finish the last two nodes.

Also, territory war actually seems fun, like I'm really playing a video game instead of pushing butan to maybe get hero six months from now.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

rocket_Magnet posted:

You can enter a single character, just ok the warning and then make sure you only hits the guards not the captain.

Ah ok. I was thinking it was the rancor itself, not the guards in the first phase. That makes sense.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
TW was actually pretty fun, but giving both sides of a tie loser rewards is lame.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

TW was actually pretty fun, but giving both sides of a tie loser rewards is lame.

especially because with the limited amount of defense spots, it seems like most matches at our GP should end up tying anyway. At the least, make a 3rd "tie" reward bracket.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What just happened with QGJ? Bunch of people left including RCCola?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

What just happened with QGJ? Bunch of people left including RCCola?

it's been in the works for a week, they're moving over to SM, some folks from SM are moving down.

get into 'cord

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Chilichimp posted:

it's been in the works for a week, they're moving over to SM, some folks from SM are moving down.

get into 'cord

i'm in discord usually 24/7 and I haven't seen any of that.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm getting back into Rancor since my schedule hasn't permitted it lately.

Is one of the auto-ish teams: Zader (L), Jyn, Tarkin, TFP, and what else?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

I'm getting back into Rancor since my schedule hasn't permitted it lately.

Is one of the auto-ish teams: Zader (L), Jyn, Tarkin, TFP, and what else?

Thrawn, FOO, or QGJ.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Thrawn, FOO, or QGJ.

Ah very good. QGJ it is then. My FOO is undergeared and a bit squishy.

And fuckin' Phoenix couldn't hack 7* Thrawn this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

mdemone posted:

Ah very good. QGJ it is then. My FOO is undergeared and a bit squishy.

And fuckin' Phoenix couldn't hack 7* Thrawn this time.

FOO is stupid easy to gear and way way way way better than QGJ though. Like night and day.