Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

User posted:

I don't understand this post. Phoenix tears through all content in this game like an assknife through bacon. What are you doing wrong?

Actually, Phoenix still has trouble with stage 5 ultimate world bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Holyshoot posted:

They gave us 1750 crystals for free and the first pull is guaranteed to give you one of the new dudes. If you still see the same people lighting up for buying the boxes in a few days then you're correct.

I didn't get the 1750 free crystals and my first pull didn't contain any of the new chars. I whaled for it and got Anti-Man on my 4th.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I decided to use my 1750 Crystal bribe money to buy the 10 pack. ( I know, boo. I'm a scab who is breaking the picket line. I'm a new player so all the guys I'd get from that box are new to me.)

I got Anti-Man, reasoning that if I levelled him up, with my Tier 2 Thor and soon to be Tier 2 Sharon Rogers, I can get into the last story chapters and get Odin and eventually Blue Marvel.

Anti Man seems hella good. Only have him at level 50 but his stats seem busted.

They also announced the new characters bios can be gotten using the Processor in the Lab but is that not also just RNG too? Albiet one that doesn't require crystals?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

It's true I just got 1 (one) Nova bio from the converter.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wow nice good thing i WASTED ALL MY ANTIMATTER ON MAKING FEATHERS

gently caress YOU NERMARMBL<EFD

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

call me ezio cos i wasted my time collecting feathers

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It took me 300k anti-matter to get 10 Nova bios.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Dave posted:

It took me 300k anti-matter to get 10 Nova bios.

Lucky....

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Does the jackpot % go up if you rank up the processor?

Also lol at calling 2 bios a jackpot.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

I cleaned out my friends list and now I have 14!!! Spots open. ID: Jckattck I send my points erryday!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

navyjack posted:

I cleaned out my friends list and now I have 14!!! Spots open. ID: Jckattck I send my points erryday!

wouldnt let me send you one, holyshooot hit me up

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

navyjack posted:

Yeah it's acting like your list is full, I cleared a spot for you: add Grummun

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Fried Sushi posted:

I had trouble too till I put a 1* mastery Red Hulk as my lead, the immune to burn made it a ton easier, might have to kite a few times on Wolverine to get health up but other than that it was pretty straightforward, used a 3* Red Hulk with 1* mastery as lead then Wolvie and Strange but never had to swap to Strange.

I feel like a moron for not thinking of Red Hulk already for that dumb-rear end 12-7 Surtur stage. I've not cleared it since it came out because I was too lazy to not just put it on auto clear, I only got around to forcing myself to do it when the new stages came out, which were all a lot less annoying than 12-7. Wish I read your post yesterday.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
How many tokens should I have today if I did all the event quests yesterday and today?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Network42 posted:

How many tokens should I have today if I did all the event quests yesterday and today?

40 from each day, so 80 + another 100 if you did all the one-off story ones.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Oh, I didn't realize they were one offs. I thought it sure was strange how many tokens we were going to get though.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Is the Inferno costume worth getting if I just have him at T1? I don't have him fully geared yet, but it seems like the boost to his survivability might make him usable without T2.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

plainswalker75 posted:

Is the Inferno costume worth getting if I just have him at T1? I don't have him fully geared yet, but it seems like the boost to his survivability might make him usable without T2.

Inferno is pretty drat good even without T2. Just took him for a spin in Shadowlands first time this week and he solo-wrecked an Agent Venom/Carnage floor with like no Iso-8 set and gear in the mid-teens. I got his costume and it basically makes him a monster.

Speaking of costumes, bumping my question since it seemed to get lost in Loot Box Chat: if I can use rank up tickets on two costumes, what's my best bet between Ragnarok Loki, Kid Kaiju and Ragnarok Hela (which I don't yet own)?

EDIT: Man, my contest avatar is even better in retrospect :wiggle:

blue.eyed.ash fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 1, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Query. In Extreme Alliance Battle whenever Combat is required I use Wolverine or Carnage. Despite them both being worked up neither can seem to get to the 100000(0?) pts. I'm gonna add Urus to try and give them more damage but I think the big problem is that they constantly get knocked by debuffs. Sometimes they get what I assume is "stunned" and can't do anything for a few seconds. Sometimes their skills go black for a few seconds which I assume is "blind" or "snare"? Can anyone identify these for me for sure so I can figure out what kind of obelisk to use to try and counter it? And really, are there any general tips to boost Carnage up (he's T2) to make him do more damage. Mostly I just go 5-4 with him with like 1 second between the reup for me to dodge stuff.

blue.eyed.ash posted:

Speaking of costumes, bumping my question since it seemed to get lost in Loot Box Chat: if I can use rank up tickets on two costumes, what's my best bet between Ragnarok Loki, Kid Kaiju and Ragnarok Hela (which I don't yet own)?

Ragnarok Loki seems really, really good. Like I had stopped using Lady Loki for the most part as she had been supplanted by the mutants but ever since I started playing with the new costume he's back in my top 5-6 with Strange, Phoenix, Wolverine, Magneto, and Sharon Rogers. I'm debating bumping Magneto or Rogers out of my top 5.

But Hela seems like she might be the most "make a character usable" one from what people are saying. I know I threw the costume on her and got her up to 6* and even with her gear/skills/isos a work in progress she's been THIS close to clearling Floor 24 for me in Shadowlands.

Loki and Hela also get you the Cinematic bumps so you might want to factor that in.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Loki and Hela also get you the Cinematic bumps so you might want to factor that in.

Hela does? I only went through it quickly but I thought all the bonuses were for the more expensive costumes.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

I'm kind of underwhelmed by Hela's uniform. Sure it's an decent upgrade, but even at T2 I mostly just end up using her for the leadership. Plus you can get her bios from SL selectors, so I wouldn't waste tickets on it. At least with Loki the grind is pretty considerable so I wouldn't feel like I'm wasting anything. And you're never gonna mythic Kaiju's without 2 months of bio subs (it takes 620 bios to mythic) so there's that.

For ABX, you've got two issues : Combat Villain day, the frost beast can silence you, so you've got to time Carnage's 5-4-3 rotation to always stay in iframes or you'll lose out on a lot of damage. You're gonna want to look into an awakened iso set and damage obelisk, and maybe some urus, but even then I still come in just under 100k sometimes. If you think that's going to happen, you can just force quit and try again if you want.

For Combat Hero, you need an immune to snare obelisk. Once you slap one of those on, no more stuns.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

The Dave posted:

Hela does? I only went through it quickly but I thought all the bonuses were for the more expensive costumes.

She gets you a CTP of Energy.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

blue.eyed.ash posted:

Loki for the card IMO. Kid Kaiju is the least farmable by far since you'd need a bio sub for it, but I'm of the mind that mythical-ing a costume is pretty stupid to begin with unless they're an S-tier meta character and it'll make a difference in PVP / WBU. With KK you get very little value from the extra stats, because what's he ever really going to do for you besides clear a floor in SL which he can do relatively easily anyway? So basically if you're going to mythic anyone it should be because of some additional benefit, and Loki's a perfect target because his bios are also really annoying to farm (and you need more for his than a normal uniform's anyway.) Hela might be okay but you only get a single celestial gear for her's which will in turn only benefit one character, but the card from Loki benefits everyone.

Mythic-ing husbandos and waifus is also valid, but for those I say they won't respect you if you ticket them and you should put in the grind time.

STAC Goat posted:

Query. In Extreme Alliance Battle whenever Combat is required I use Wolverine or Carnage. Despite them both being worked up neither can seem to get to the 100000(0?) pts. I'm gonna add Urus to try and give them more damage but I think the big problem is that they constantly get knocked by debuffs. Sometimes they get what I assume is "stunned" and can't do anything for a few seconds. Sometimes their skills go black for a few seconds which I assume is "blind" or "snare"? Can anyone identify these for me for sure so I can figure out what kind of obelisk to use to try and counter it? And really, are there any general tips to boost Carnage up (he's T2) to make him do more damage. Mostly I just go 5-4 with him with like 1 second between the reup for me to dodge stuff.

On the ABX where you can use wolverine, the beast has snare attacks. That one has a dizzy animation associated, little circles above the character's head. The solution is an immune to snare obo. I lucked out and got a decent one for wolvie with immune to snare as the third affix, but you might need to level up a bunch with it as the primary to get a good roll.

For the Carnage one, the beast has a silence attack. If he hits you you're not stunned but you can't use any skills for a bit so since Carny depends on iframes he can drop dead quick. The solution is to never get hit! I do 5 - 4 - 3, and there's a slight risk that he'll get tagged between the 5 and 4 but the 4 has a jump-back animation that usually keeps him clear. His 5 makes him invincible for 6 seconds and it takes just about 5 seconds to come out, so you do the 4 in that window and then mash on his 3 which is all iframes. If the 5 comes off cooldown while the animation for the 3 is still running go ahead and do it right away, unless you have a need for the healing blobs that pop out of his 3 when it finishes. if you always let the 3 finish there's another window at the end where he's vulnerable so avoid it if you can. Also, you CAN steer him while he's in the long 3 and 5 animations, so point him towards the beast or you'll waste some hits.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

for the villain one, its silence, theres no obelisk to get immunity to it so you just have to time carnages poo poo super well. he can get punched out of the start of his iframe moves so practice practice practice.

for the hero one, its snare, use a snare resist obelisk on a dedicated combat superhero guy for it. i use agent venom but if i didnt whale out for him, id use wolverine.

efb

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

thechalkoutline posted:

Yeah it's acting like your list is full, I cleared a spot for you: add Grummun

I didn’t realize that you had to clear out your requested queue too, so I did that. Added Grummun and holyshoots

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

Loki for the card IMO. Kid Kaiju is the least farmable by far since you'd need a bio sub for it, but I'm of the mind that mythical-ing a costume is pretty stupid to begin with unless they're an S-tier meta character and it'll make a difference in PVP / WBU. With KK you get very little value from the extra stats, because what's he ever really going to do for you besides clear a floor in SL which he can do relatively easily anyway? So basically if you're going to mythic anyone it should be because of some additional benefit, and Loki's a perfect target because his bios are also really annoying to farm (and you need more for his than a normal uniform's anyway.) Hela might be okay but you only get a single celestial gear for her's which will in turn only benefit one character, but the card from Loki benefits everyone.

Mythic-ing husbandos and waifus is also valid, but for those I say they won't respect you if you ticket them and you should put in the grind time.

Yeah, Loki's getting my Mega Upgrade ticket for sure, I guess if the choice is between KK and Hela for the 1-6 Shadowlands tickets, maybe I'll give them to Hela. Or hang onto them for another future costume locking away a sweet card.

My beloved all-time waifu Carol is getting her mythic swimsuit the old fashioned way, for sure. Almost there, and it's even easier now that I can grind her bios in the story.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

“Woah” - Neo

The story characters with cheaper upgrades also have all gear rolls from 15-20 set to only 1 (one) bio

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So, I used the converter to get the bios I missed for Nova. Who is better to use this mega t2 on, Nova, Blue Marvel or Anti-Man?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I don’t know, op

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Datasmurf posted:

So, I used the converter to get the bios I missed for Nova. Who is better to use this mega t2 on, Nova, Blue Marvel or Anti-Man?

How does that work? Just roll universal convert until you get enough jackpots for the characters?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

navyjack posted:

How does that work? Just roll universal convert until you get enough jackpots for the characters?

yep

also you dont need to whale on em, you just need enough to 1* them and then tickets from there

you need to whale on mega t2s

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Datasmurf posted:

I only have all these dudes at T1 and middling gears because I got lucky from my charity crystal pull

Even at T1 they are all really loving strong. Really, really strong. I want to say it goes Anti-Man > Blue Marvel > Nova. All 3 of them soloed a teens SL stage for me. I wasn't sure how far they could go, but it was brainless. I didn't even have obelisks or ISO sets on.

I want to say that Anti-Man is probably a top 3 character in the game maxed out. He's Jean Grey + Storm. Blue Marvel is basically Thanos even at T1, and I still need to do more work on Nova to make a judgment.

I still need to level up Quasar and Chavez. I think Blue Marvel gets more from his T2 passive than Anti-Man but seriously its a hard choice between the two.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 1, 2017

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Okay, I think I'll do Anti-Man, then.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

I only have all these dudes at T1 and middling gears because I got lucky from my charity crystal pull

Even at T1 they are all really loving strong. Really, really strong. I want to say it goes Anti-Man > Blue Marvel > Nova. All 3 of them soloed a teens SL stage for me. I wasn't sure how far they could go, but it was brainless. I didn't even have obelisks or ISO sets on.

I want to say that Anti-Man is probably a top 3 character in the game maxed out. He's Jean Grey + Storm. Blue Marvel is basically Thanos even at T1, and I still need to do more work on Nova to make a judgment.

I still need to level up Quasar and Chavez. I think Blue Marvel gets more from his T2 passive than Anti-Man but seriously its a hard choice between the two.

I'd actually probably put Nova above BM just cause he can ignore iframes.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

And, this is important, Nova will probably get a uniform that makes him into Dick Ryder. Which is great.

I have been grinding up Anti-Man. Even in his mid50's with 4 stars of Mastery and without maxed out Skills I was still able to use him to kill a World Boss. He has a laser attack that just keeps going indefinitely and seems to chain stun the target. He's nuts.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i thought the rule* was that they didnt do costumes that turned one person into a different person and thats why theres eg two ghost riders

*this does happen with some early costumes like cap 2099 and iron man 2099

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

dick ryder will be a jean grey style native t2 and you need to own 5 t2ed superpaywall characters

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
kid kijus costume is connected to hobo thanos on one of the ranks you want a good costume level. So that's worth something. Not sure about mythic but probably if you are trying to min/max your thanos.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/BillRosemann/status/936669074133696512

Guess we'll see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

The Future Fight Reddit page had a post from the Korean and Japanese forums. They said that anyone who bought the Ultimates pack yesterday would get a 50% refund because they added the bios to the converter afterwards.
So if you used your bribe crystals to buy the pack you could still come out ahead.