Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Maxwell Adams posted:

The C.O.N.N.O.R. System:

Convince well-meaning people that you need their help
Organize a private getaway
Navigate to your private cabin
Nurture your partners delusions of scientific competence
Obtain a fresh batch of lizard serum
Regenerate your arm and become a giant lizard

“If they say no, then the answer is no, but they would never say no to helping me grow my arm back without becoming a giant lizard... because of the implication”

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I mean, Jameson is Chekhov's gun here, he has to show up at some point. He probably accidentally shaved off his mustache and will try to use Connors' serum to regrow it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maxwell Adams posted:

The C.O.N.N.O.R. System:

Convince well-meaning people that you need their help
Organize a private getaway
Navigate to your private cabin
Nurture your partners delusions of scientific competence
Obtain a fresh batch of lizard serum
Regenerate your arm and become a giant lizard

Beautiful, the post of a golden God.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
once connors inevitably starts chugging lizard serum, the only thing standing between him and freedom is nsm and a professional bystander. so yeah, he'll make his way back to civilization where jjj will save the day.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hey, he never said he wouldn't become a lizard again. He just said he's not going to become a murderous lizard man again.

This time, instead of murder, he'll be into arson.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"this time, i'm a lover, not a fighter!" *disappears into the swamps after a bunch of poorly drawn alligators*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zeeman posted:

I mean, Jameson is Chekhov's gun here, he has to show up at some point. He probably accidentally shaved off his mustache and will try to use Connors' serum to regrow it.

JJ as The Lizard, but it's still just JJ because that personality can NEVER be dominated.

"I NEED PICTURESSSSS OF THE SSSSSPIDER-MAN!!!" *whips his coffee mug through the window with his tail*

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Really, he just needs to deal with the "becoming evil" part. Being a rad lizardman with two arms doesn't sound like a terrible deal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Lord of Hats posted:

Really, he just needs to deal with the "becoming evil" part. Being a rad lizardman with two arms doesn't sound like a terrible deal.

yea that feels like a thing even the real comics weirdly ignore. His issue is being The Lizard makes him murder happy and predatory, he should just find a way to be a sick nasty lizard dude with has two working arms.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There's a few times in the 90s cartoon where he is completely self-aware as the Lizard and he's just this rad super strong science man. Like the time he helped in the Secret Wars.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

yea that feels like a thing even the real comics weirdly ignore. His issue is being The Lizard makes him murder happy and predatory, he should just find a way to be a sick nasty lizard dude with has two working arms.

In the comics, Connors had an Indonesian student who used a modified version of his serum to become a totally non-crazy lizard woman.

She might have other problems, though.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
She pulled the Ol' Hal Jordan, I see

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The MSJ posted:

In the comics, Connors had an Indonesian student who used a modified version of his serum to become a totally non-crazy lizard woman.

She might have other problems, though.

"We made the lizard serum less murdery"

"Awesome!"

"A BIT more rapey though."

"poo poo, alright good enough for now, we'll call that version 1."

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, I think it turned out later that he was actually his future self pretending to be his 16-year-old self stuck in his future self's body. Comics, everybody!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

that was how he ended up after shed. he was more or less content to stay in super prison without telling anyone who was in control, though. shed was pretty hosed up.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Connors will manage to become a non-murdery two armed lizard, but wonder how he'll be accepted in society in his new form. Cap will show up and invite Connors, into the avengers, and also JJJ who is there and found another Iron Man suit, but not Spidey. Seeing his dejection, MJ lets him wear his suit on the flight back, where he sees a very familiar kid.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I mean, as long as we're talking Shed here, that version of the Lizard also had some, uh...

... issues...

with boundaries.

(and :biotruths:)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

As I said before, not a fan of Shed.

Lizard's always been a separate, insane personality from Curt Connors, so much that he rarely understands they're the same person. Although both in the comic and in the 90s cartoon, there was a point where Dr. Connors' mind was in his lizard body, but he didn't seem too thrilled about it.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I like how it's like "Lizard brains can't form emotional attachments".

Yes, and lizards can't regrow arms, they don't tend to have previously been scientists, they don't generally attempt to turn the entire rest of the world into fellow lizards, and they don't speak human languages, broken or not.

I'm pretty sure The Lizard doesn't have to follow strict biological realistic lizard rules.

LET THE GREEN SCALY SCIENCE MAN BE A PROFESSOR MARVEL! I legit want a storyline where Conners turns into the Lizard, puts on a nice suit, walks into his class one day, and announces "Good news everyone!"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Unnamed One posted:

I mean, as long as we're talking Shed here, that version of the Lizard also had some, uh...

... issues...

with boundaries.

(and :biotruths:)

I want a Biotruths Lizard vs Fedora Moleman fight.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kurui Reiten posted:

LET THE GREEN SCALY SCIENCE MAN BE A PROFESSOR MARVEL! I legit want a storyline where Conners turns into the Lizard, puts on a nice suit, walks into his class one day, and announces "Good news everyone!"
If and only if all relevant supporting characters to Connors have an intervention wherein they say "Look, it seems like you're cursed to become a lizard-man if you want your arm back, so you either lean into that and figure out how to make that work or we'll amputate your other arm and see if you can cook-up lizard serum using only your toes."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He still wouldn't be as terrible a professor as Beast.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Isn't Beast still a race-traitor working exclusively for Inhumans? Whoever is running the X-Mansion right now needs a good scientist, and Connors' science laser could seemingly do everything in the 90s cartoon.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Honestly, that's the kind of thing I wish comics would let happen. The main hero can't change a ton? Ok, not great, but ok, let's do something with the supporting cast/villains. Let Conners eventually become the Lizard full time, he gets his arm back but has to deal with being a lizard man professor. Keep Kraven as the "I am loving immortal and I am going to hunt ALL the game" dude from Squirrel Girl. That sort of thing.

Same with Batman, just because I've thought that longer: Riddler as a detective, Scarecrow ACTUALLY getting to join the Yellow Lanterns. I feel like you can move villains/supporting cast members to different spots way easier than heroes, because they're inherently less marketable overall.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

graham cracker posted:

Turns out the swamp is actuallty an embassy for the savage land and sauron turns connors into a dinosaur which is totally not a lizard. Because he doesn't want to regrow limbs. He wants to turn people into dinosaurs.

Spider-man and the x-men was too good for this world

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
That picture is bullshit, plenty of lizards like a cuddle. That is lizard discrimination.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kurui Reiten posted:

Riddler as a detective

I'm pretty sure they did this for awhile, Riddler started working with Catwoman and even Batman(?) as a private detective and demonstrated some honest to goodness character growth.

Don't worry though, DC quickly "fixed" that.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mulva posted:

That picture is bullshit, plenty of lizards like a cuddle. That is lizard discrimination.

If the Internet has taught me anything it is that turtles are reptiles and that they love a good hot shower and dance.

What I am saying is lizards don't suck as much as that comic says they do.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Oh so she's going to run into JJJ hunting alligators in the swamp and the two of them are going to save Peter from a lizard.

e: Alternatively JJJ and the lizard save MJ from Kraven who's in Florida for some reason.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"say, did you know that lizards hunt in packs and can survive indefinitely in a vacuum?"

"i wasn't sure about you before, but you're hired."

aside from his charming erroneous factoids, i can't think of any other possible reason connors could still get a job at a lab after turning into the lizard like 20 different times.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Pete looks so bored in that last panel. He absolutely knows hes going to have to try (and fail) to save her from a giant reptile of some kind.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Fourth panel MJ turns around and Pete's flexing at her.

Curt looking forlornly at Peter's arms.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 30, 2017

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Who doesn't love a nice, relaxing walk through the swamp?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

evilmiera posted:

If the Internet has taught me anything it is that turtles are reptiles and that they love a good hot shower and dance.

What I am saying is lizards don't suck as much as that comic says they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eg6Xe2HUcA

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that was how he ended up after shed. he was more or less content to stay in super prison without telling anyone who was in control, though. shed was pretty hosed up.

And after that there was an arc where Curt experimented until he went back to his humany Curt Connors body and two arms...but with the Lizard's mind. And he was upset that he was stuck in a wimpy human body.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The Question IRL posted:

And after that there was an arc where Curt experimented until he went back to his humany Curt Connors body and two arms...but with the Lizard's mind. And he was upset that he was stuck in a wimpy human body.

So you're saying that post-Shed Curt Connors is basically Newspaper Spider-Man? How many times has he been knocked out by a brick?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Question IRL posted:

I want him to meet the Savage Bruce Banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

• Locked thread