Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Snazzy Frocks posted:

the lore around seastone seems to suggest its super rare but the marines seem to have enough to line multiple boats and make all the handcuffs and cages they want. also doflamingo built a whole building out of it. still probably too rare to make into ammunition oddly enough though

scarcity was more believable before the doffy building, yeah. i imagine you dont want pirates to get their hands on it and you dont want to waste it on chumps. all of the people worth giving bullets to probably can haki them at that point anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i believe one of the movies had a seastone bullet but, well,

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Doffy has deep connections to the WG and he's probably the richest man in the world selling all those devil fruits and weapons. Some Millionaires are satisfied with a golden house and rocket car. Doffy wanted factories and arenas built with the most expensive concrete in the world.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It could also be that the main source of Seastone is controlled De Beers-like family or organization. It would explain part of why the WG has to put up with so much poo poo from the Nobles.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mr. Fowl posted:

It could also be that the main source of Seastone is controlled De Beers-like family or organization. It would explain part of why the WG has to put up with so much poo poo from the Nobles.

well im of the opinion that the world government controls the ocean in some capacity so i guess this would also make sense

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Film Z had one of those bullets and it was pretty cool

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Seems to me that the easiest way to kill a fruit user, ESPECIALLY big mom, would be to have them eat another devil fruit. It's not like it would be hard to hide it in a cake or something

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Terror Sweat posted:

Seems to me that the easiest way to kill a fruit user, ESPECIALLY big mom, would be to have them eat another devil fruit. It's not like it would be hard to hide it in a cake or something

Mam would probably spit it out because they taste really bad.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
more like one pace because the series really seems to be slowing to a crawl

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Oda has said the first bite grants the powers but not sure if it has to be ingested or not. biting a fruit and then spitting it out is unknown territory

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

A Bug posted:

Mam would probably spit it out because they taste really bad.

counterpoint: she ate her friends without noticing, how much worse would a devil fruit have to taste than a human for her to notice

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

JahRoo posted:

counterpoint: she ate her friends without noticing, how much worse would a devil fruit have to taste than a human for her to notice

Human is just another meat. It’s not, like, supernaturally awful-tasting.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Killing someone by making them eat a second devil fruit is one of those things that technically makes sense when analyzing the "rules" of the fiction but would be very difficult to execute within the story in a satisfying way. It's like a fanfic idea where the author's :smug: fourth-wall breaking self-insert OC kills Luffy by hiding a DF inside some meat and becomes the pirate king. I'm like 90% sure Oda introduced the idea of two devil fruits killing a normal person just to define the limits of the power system and later make Blackbeard stand out as a threat by allowing him to be the special exception. Making it an actual assassination attempt on a character would somehow diminish the mystique of devil fruits within the fiction.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I guess you could paint one to look like a vague approximation of meat and luffy'd probably fall for it

e: it's the kind of thing that could only ever happen to a good guy (or maybe a bad guy that already lost to the strawhats) since beating a bad guy like that would be incredibly unsatisfying in something like this

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 1, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm kind of disappointed they never had a throw away villain just get greedy and eat a second fruit not believing that old myth and then explode into sea ghosts or whatever.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I guess you could paint one to look like a vague approximation of meat and luffy'd probably fall for it

e: it's the kind of thing that could only ever happen to a good guy (or maybe a bad guy that already lost to the strawhats) since beating a bad guy like that would be incredibly unsatisfying in something like this

It could also be something a bad guy does to another bad guy. You know, a swift, shocking clearing of the field to set up the real confrontation.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if they're still relevant, they're not gonna go down like that. there's gotta be a fight involved

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nuebot posted:

I'm kind of disappointed they never had a throw away villain just get greedy and eat a second fruit not believing that old myth and then explode into sea ghosts or whatever.

im guessing oda's never showed what happens because either he hasnt figured it out exactly, the rumors are lies, or he wants to show it happening down the line

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korean scans are out so I guess English scans should be up soon enough.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't that how Ceaser killed his pet slime, by having it eat a devil's fruit without knowing it?

I guess the main reason they didn't try was that they didn't have a DF on hand, though the fact that Capone was planning the assassination for over a year means that if they had thought of it they probably would have gotten one. We know cutting one up doesn't kill it's power, so it's fairly simple to slice one up and hide it in a fruit salad or something.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New chapter

RIP Chiffon's dad. But hey, on the bright side, this is One Piece, maybe you lived a flaming sword to the head. Also, determined Pudding on the last page is loving gold.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

So am I interpreting this wrong or was Sanji doing a one legged skywalk while balancing the cake cart on his foot?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, I just really feel sorry for Pound.

His daughter never recognized him because he was never allowed to meet her....

But at least he got to see his grandchild...

That said, Oven really isn't really thinking things through, is he.

He keeps trying to do things that'll lead to the destruction of the cake... which is the one thing that the Big Mom Pirates are depending on.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 1, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what a dad

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

RIP Pound.

Bege owns. Chapter owns. This arc has been so fast-paced compared to last one.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
dad dead, so what

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Hate-Senpai posted:

Man, I just really feel sorry for Pound.

His daughter never recognized him because he was never allowed to meet her....

But at least he got to see his grandchild...

That said, Oven really isn't really thinking things through, is he.

He keeps trying to do things that'll lead to the destruction of the cake... which is the one thing that the Big Mom Pirates are depending on.

I guess you could say Oven is a real...

...hot head. Kyehehehehe!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Viridiant posted:

I guess you could say Oven is a real...

...hot head. Kyehehehehe!

Heh.

Good poo poo.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I wonder how many people went from hating to loving Pound after this chapter

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

So am I interpreting this wrong or was Sanji doing a one legged skywalk while balancing the cake cart on his foot?

I think he just kicked it up there

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Pound tightening his little bowtie before the end :cry:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Well it looks like they certainly...

Kicked it up a notch.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I can't even pun right now, that chapter hosed me up.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Bege has the third best ship in the series.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Finally, a character that stands up for fathers rights

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oven isn't very smart, is he

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Yeah I don't know. We already had a death this chapter with Pedro so I don't think there's any way that either Pound or Pedro are actually dead

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I dunno, if there's any time Oda is going to raise the death stakes it's with an emperor.

Although it's possible that beating Big Mom will return whatever life people had taken and even resurrect the dead, but that is looking to be a seriously long con if that's the case.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they're gonna show up with bandages later on but will be otherwise perfectly fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Eustace posted:

Finally, a character that stands up for fathers rights

loving lmao

How did Pound even get out there? Wasn't he first come across in the forest on the main island?