Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Trump Thread II: Don't post Seth Abramson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

exploded mummy posted:

He self-admittedly spent the better part of last year writing Bernie Sanders fanfiction as a creative writing exercise in the guise of political analysis.

Excuse you. He was creating a master narrative that would impact the behavior of society the same way that the corporate media did with Hillary and Jeb and Donald did in the primary.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Fox tried to declare that Mueller's investigation was at an end when Manafort and Gates got pinched, right? Watching them and Trump flail increasingly desperately would be funny if it didn't have real-world consequences for all of us.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Gaunab posted:

Trump Thread II: Don't post Seth Abramson

The man make a tweet (part 26).

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

No it isn't. Stop posting Seth conspiracy Twitter Abramson.

I read the tweet thread and it all seems like the same stuff everyone is saying in here, so I'm really confused as to why he should be written off.

Like, I'm not seeing the crazy. I get that apparently this Seth dude is not to be trusted, but he's literally just saying "It seems like Flynn flipped on Trump" which is what everyone else thinks, right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ague Proof posted:

Don't post Seth Abramson. He's almost Eric Garland or Louise Mensch-tier, apparently.

he's not that terrible but he's not great. that said, most of what i see in that thread is correct (and fairly obviously so). the only obvious mistake i see is the idea that flynn could ONLY be rolling on Trump or Pence: I think Kushner is "high up" enough in the food chain to be worth rolling on

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Seth may be crazy, but he's not wrong: Flynn wouldn't get a Plea Deal if he didn't have something to give.

Seth is right there. If Mueller thought he was at the end of the chain, he'd have burned Flynn and his son, but Flynn has something to give, even if its just for Sessions/Kushner.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

WampaLord posted:

I read the tweet thread and it all seems like the same stuff everyone is saying in here, so I'm really confused as to why he should be written off.

Like, I'm not seeing the crazy.

a broken clock can be right once a day, pretty much everyone from sober realist to "THIS IS WHAT WILL BRING DOWN TRUMP" over every single thing is gonna be saying the same thing today. you can get better sources.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium

Ague Proof posted:

Don't post Seth Abramson. He's almost Eric Garland or Louise Mensch-tier, apparently.

This thread was actually relatively sane, tbh.

But nothing really groundbreaking.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Data Graham posted:

Ha ha fuckin ha

It's the exact same headline they used when Manafort got indicted

"This time they got the real ringleader! This time for sure!"

(Fox in case it's not obvious)

I for one always convene special councils to charge ring leaders with things that give them 5 long years of hard time at most.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

evilweasel posted:

he's not that terrible but he's not great. that said, most of what i see in that thread is correct (and fairly obviously so). the only obvious mistake i see is the idea that flynn could ONLY be rolling on Trump or Pence: I think Kushner is "high up" enough in the food chain to be worth rolling on

One of the tweets he mentions that just because Mueller may be targeting Trump/Pence doesn't mean the rest aren't at risk. In fact, the December 2016 back channel Flynn meeting with the Russians very likely puts all of them at risk. Trump is just the big prize.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Oh boy oh boy Oh Boy OH BOY.

Mom and dad were right, real life really is more entertaining than television.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

evilweasel posted:

a broken clock can be right once a day, pretty much everyone from sober realist to "THIS IS WHAT WILL BRING DOWN TRUMP" over every single thing is gonna be saying the same thing today. you can get better sources.

Right, I get that, it's just weird that goons are using the one time that he's right as an example of why to never ever post him, that's all.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so Flynn likely gave up info on Kushner or Trump's sons? Kushner seems like he'll squeal as soon as Mueller enters the room, but I wonder about Trump's sons

imagine next October Mueller recommends impeachment

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
It may not bring down Trump, but it could taint him politically.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Seth may be crazy, but he's not wrong: Flynn wouldn't get a Plea Deal if he didn't have something to give.

Seth is right there. If Mueller thought he was at the end of the chain, he'd have burned Flynn and his son, but Flynn has something to give, even if its just for Sessions/Kushner.

Didn’t they keep rebuffing his attempts at a plea? He may have given them something good.

I’d like to see Pence ruined since Don’s not getting impeached any time soon or probably at all. I’d love to see him forced to resign and I’d love to know who would replace him.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Carlosologist posted:

so Flynn likely gave up info on Kushner or Trump's sons? Kushner seems like he'll squeal as soon as Mueller enters the room, but I wonder about Trump's sons

imagine next October Mueller recommends impeachment

One interesting point that Seth's twitter thread brings up is that if Flynn is pleading now he's been cooperating for a while--meaning that when Mueller brought Kushner in to question him the other day, he already had the complete dirt from Flynn. Which would give him a slam dunk case on Kushner if Kushner contradicted Flynn's account.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

WampaLord posted:

Right, I get that, it's just weird that goons are using the one time that he's right as an example of why to never ever post him, that's all.

Well I read that he's crazy so I didn't bother reading it.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/936616098086170625

Major issues here is that considering how long people serve that's not a very long time frame. Second, as we saw with Conyers the process includes arbitration which included payout from Conyers office via "rehiring" the victim and paying them a settlement disguised as salary.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/josephlawler/status/936616123407224832

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

WampaLord posted:

I don't know, but I really hope they cast The Mooch to play himself.
If only Henry Gibson was still around to play Sessions.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

evilweasel posted:

Nailing a member of the Capitol Clampetts might send Trump into such a rage-induced frenzy that he actually has that heart attack we've all been waiting for.

Wonder who got the hall passes. Still, if they can't muster more than this, it spells trouble for reconciling the House and Senate bills.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

CommieGIR posted:

It may not bring down Trump, but it could taint him politically.

I know I always trust DnD to give me a detailed analysis of Trump's taint, alright.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

business hammocks posted:

Didn’t they keep rebuffing his attempts at a plea? He may have given them something good.

I’d like to see Pence ruined since Don’s not getting impeached any time soon or probably at all. I’d love to see him forced to resign and I’d love to know who would replace him.

Yup, Mueller was probably probing Kushner to play Flynn's info against him to either verify or cast doubt on Flynn/Kushner.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

This is a good post

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/RobertMackey/status/936616782399524864

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/832396832974131200

Tell me more, Tell me more.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

What a great way to start the weekend!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

"I'm not owned! I'm not owned!"

As Fox news doubles down and turns into a corncob.

I love that they continue to ignore that Trump was not yet the president when the conversations took place.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Oh boy, are they going all in on a ~*mystery bill*~?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I'll believe it when I see it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Remember, Trump was PISSED when Flynn resigned. He wanted to keep him on/rehire him.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Since literally nothing is off the table anymore, I want a Chris Hansen style filmed setup where they tell Trump he's getting an award for being the smartest man in the country and a bunch of agents just swarm in on him

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fake News! Only Breitbart is unbiased.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Office Pig posted:

Oh boy, are they going all in on a ~*mystery bill*~?

Alright Senator you can bet it all on "gently caress the poor".... or you can see what's behind the mystery caucus.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/936618795464036352

:allears:

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Tim Whatley posted:

Since literally nothing is off the table anymore, I want a Chris Hansen style filmed setup where they tell Trump he's getting an award for being the smartest man in the country and a bunch of agents just swarm in on him

"Putin, you here?"

"Yeah I'm down the hall Donnie, just let me take a shower real fast, okay?"

"Okay." *licks lips*

*Chris Hansen walks in*

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

CascadeBeta posted:

Remember, Trump was PISSED when Flynn resigned. He wanted to keep him on/rehire him.

There's also the ongoing mystery of what was going on in the month between when Sally Yates told them Flynn was compromised and when he resigned/got fired. Trump/Pence sat on that information until it got reported by the Washington Post.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/gettinnoticedmo/status/936618715843457024?s=17

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

"Mr. President, some critics suggest that you weren't brilliant enough to successfully pull off collusion with Russia during your campaign. Is this true?"

I'm sure he would say something incriminating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

disjoe posted:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah, I think they've said this before. I want to hear it from Daines/Collins/Flake/Corker/Moran/etc. that they are behind it.

• Locked thread