Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

lower bob in a cage down into the mines ahead of you

"It's been 20 hours and he hasn't signaled" said the scientist, from the control tower overlooking the mines. "We have no choice. We're pulling him out. Today we find out if monolith soft can make a good game."

The lead scientist, played by Kevin Spacey, chortles. "We already know they can make a good game." He wears a smug grin from ear to ear. "The rabble inflate X's flaws, it was a fine title." [the other scientists exchange looks and quickly make themselves busy]

Suddenly, alarms start blaring. A panicked miner nearly bashes the office door down. "SIR! He's gone!! He's not in the cage! All we found was this note!" He hands Spacey a crumpled, bloodied slip of paper, which he carefully pinches out of the miner's hands while eyeing him hungrily. "Oh.... oh my God."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hm.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

during nofap: after nofap

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
it says BUN

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

extremebuff posted:

"It's been 20 hours and he hasn't signaled" said the scientist, from the control tower overlooking the mines. "We have no choice. We're pulling him out. Today we find out if monolith soft can make a good game."

The lead scientist, played by Kevin Spacey, chortles. "We already know they can make a good game." He wears a smug grin from ear to ear. "The rabble inflate X's flaws, it was a fine title." [the other scientists exchange looks and quickly make themselves busy]

Suddenly, alarms start blaring. A panicked miner nearly bashes the office door down. "SIR! He's gone!! He's not in the cage! All we found was this note!" He hands Spacey a crumpled, bloodied slip of paper, which he carefully pinches out of the miner's hands while eyeing him hungrily. "Oh.... oh my God."

So wait for it to go on sale then?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

braindead from coal dust inhalation, rip

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i read in a review that pyra the big bood redhead who is the god slaying sword as well or whatever has a story arc about cooking and you get to cook in a tedious minigame, looks like we have a goty here folks

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Been playing BotW today and just realized for the first time that salt adds to special effect duration when you cook with it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Needs a Kirby chin. A Jack Kirby chin.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

vaginal facsimile posted:

during nofap: after nofap

Lol. It's been a long November ....... PM me on Discord if you need to talk

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i read in a review that pyra the big bood redhead who is the god slaying sword as well or whatever has a story arc about cooking and you get to cook in a tedious minigame, looks like we have a goty here folks

lmao christ

what does this even mean dude

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

unknown power of chibi-yossy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
so hows xenoblade

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

bump_fn posted:

so hows xenoblade

never saw the appeal of it personally

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im watching some videos of xc2 now and even though i still think the characters are mega ugly it looks like a pretty sick game...some combination of ffxii/xiii combat ideas with one billion stats to manage, looks tempting

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

what does this even mean dude
It means you play PUBG

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

im watching some videos of xc2 now and even though i still think the characters are mega ugly it looks like a pretty sick game...some combination of ffxii/xiii combat ideas with one billion stats to manage, looks tempting

all it looks like to me is auto-attacking while a bar slowly fills...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

It means you play PUBG

thats some good gaming

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

But enough about weeknights at an Irish pub

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

The arts stuff looks cool though. Where you're combining affinities in certain orders to do specials and they have like paper mario style qte prompts for bigger numbers

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Been playing BotW today and just realized for the first time that salt adds to special effect duration when you cook with it.

this game still amazes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

In Training posted:

The arts stuff looks cool though. Where you're combining affinities in certain orders to do specials and they have like paper mario style qte prompts for bigger numbers

I like it when they add in special prompts to do in jrpg combat instead of just the usual turn based action. It makes random battles less tedious

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
do you get robots like in the wii u one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

QTEs in RPG combat ftw. Shadow Hearts was cool and made everything a timed press

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

haha

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

IdealFlaws posted:

I like it when they add in special prompts to do in jrpg combat instead of just the usual turn based action. It makes random battles less tedious

even just like in Persona 5 where you're pressing face buttons to attack, cast spells, etc instead of selecting options from a menu it makes combat feel sooooo much better

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

goferchan posted:

even just like in Persona 5 where you're pressing face buttons to attack, cast spells, etc instead of selecting options from a menu it makes combat feel sooooo much better

Oh yeah I loved that. Especially when you shoot individual bullets with each button press.. I really need to beat that game

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm not far enough to fairly judge the battles because i dont have a full party but i don't like Rex or the other characters as much as Shulk & friends in Xenoblade 1, but maybe they'll grow on me

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

I'm rapidly going through the Xenoblade cycle of "This game looks like trash", to "It looks kind of cool maybe I'll get it", and am in the final stage of talking myself into buying it day 1. What's wrong with me

In Training posted:

just wait a day and see what people say, would be my advice

I loving bought it. It took like a month and 60 hours of ingame time for me to realize XCX was bad. I can't wait that long.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Tender Bender posted:

I loving bought it. It took like a month and 60 hours of ingame time for me to realize XCX was bad. I can't wait that long.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/936347149209669632

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I had to turn the battle voices down because it was getting on my nerves. I'm surprised it's just as annoying as the first xenoblade chronicles. I'm enjoying the first few hours of the game otherwise

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

mabels big day posted:

I'm not far enough to fairly judge the battles because i dont have a full party but i don't like Rex or the other characters as much as Shulk & friends in Xenoblade 1, but maybe they'll grow on me

Reyn was pretty great. I'm hoping to meet a side character that can fill his shoes

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

what is there possibly to like about this style of game. it looks like some mmo like world of warcraft except if the characters were all from a f2p mobile game

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

I.N.R.I posted:

what is there possibly to like about this style of game. it looks like some mmo like world of warcraft except if the characters were all from a f2p mobile game

I was still interested until I saw this tidbit in the eurogamer review (note that "blades" are characters who support you in battle)

"New Blades are unlocked regularly via crystals. These work a lot like loot boxes in that you never know which one you're going to get. While most common Blades that you collect are generic, occasionally you'll unlock a special named Blade, a legendary fighter with exquisitely drawn accompanying art and full voice acting, and collecting all thity-odd of these rare beings becomes a Pokémon-esque occupation."

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I.N.R.I posted:

I have an occasional kneejerk weakness for these sort of ‘offline MMO’ type RPGs (probably relapsing from years of debilitating WoW addiction) but the only one I actually enjoyed for longer than a couple of hours was Kingdoms of Amalur. Kinda sucks that game will never get a sequel, but at least the drama surrounding it was fairly funny- I don’t think any other game has managed to drive an entire state’s government into bankruptcy lol

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Dec 2, 2017

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I have an occasional kneejerk weakness for these sort of ‘offline MMO’ type RPGs (probably relapsing from years of debilitating WoW addiction) but the only one I actually enjoyed for longer than a couple of hours was Kingdoms of Amalur. Kinda sucks that game will never get a sequel, but at least the drama surrounding it was fairly funny- I don’t think any other game has managed to drive an entire state’s government into bankruptcy lol

Everytime I see footage from an offline MMO, I slam my knees against the table. Thanks to the new Xenoblade game, I can barely walk anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

xenoblade 2 seems okay the music is really nice and it's very pretty. the english version of the brontosaurus dad is andre the blacksmith. i have not met the sword who is my big sister/mom and will end up slaying god with her big boobs yet. the battle mechanics are overdeisgned and incomprehensible, but also kind of tedious in the style of a good psx jrpg.

adam sess and morgan web give it 5 out of 5