Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah it's actually banal enough I buy it.

Mein Klass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

dirksteadfast posted:

As a young child I invented the superhero Stupidity Man. He thought his superpower was controlling the amount of moisture in the air, but named himself the wrong thing because his actual superpower was being very stupid. So I buy this 100%

Pretty impressive that you managed to predict your posting career

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ES IST MEIN KLASS

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

dirksteadfast posted:

As a young child I invented the superhero Stupidity Man. He thought his superpower was controlling the amount of moisture in the air, but named himself the wrong thing because his actual superpower was being very stupid. So I buy this 100%

I tried to convince my family to name our new cat "Cat Cat" because it was a cat that got bit by a radioactive cat and gained all the powers of a cat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I prefer this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8chs2ncYIw

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I love the clickbait headline right in the middle of the story. Its like the icing on the bullshit cake :discourse:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only believable part about that is that a teacher wrote it. It's both sad and funny that they have to resort to fantasy to get any appreciation for what they do.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Teachers do occasionally get spotted by former students. It's usually awkward, (especially when a girl goes to hug you, or you don't remember the kid) and even kids who did terribly view you as a buddy. I've even had a couple say "Sorry, I wasn't a very good student in your class".

But a whole parade of them? Nah. And never a former parent. And certainly no third party stranger. I'm surprised he didn't have the guy salute him.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
This was better when I first started to read it as an army man drove an actual tank to a gas station to fill it up

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
My favorite part is the admission that it's made up in the first line with the "let's say".

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Byzantine posted:

ES IST MEIN KLASS

I just wanted you to know I appreciated this.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah it's actually banal enough I buy it.

I'm fully aware of the history surrounding Thanksgiving, and how potentially harmful perpetuating the myth of the "first Thanksgiving" can be, but come on. Thanksgiving is a day when my extended family comes over, we eat gobs of excellent food, get drunk, and all sing Thunder Road. That's a good thing. What this image is really saying is "Student's family is awful", or, more likely, "Student is insufferable and family is happy to be rid of them".

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Rogue 7 posted:

I'm fully aware of the history surrounding Thanksgiving, and how potentially harmful perpetuating the myth of the "first Thanksgiving" can be, but come on. Thanksgiving is a day when my extended family comes over, we eat gobs of excellent food, get drunk, and all sing Thunder Road. That's a good thing. What this image is really saying is "Student's family is awful", or, more likely, "Student is insufferable and family is happy to be rid of them".

Hell yeah you tell em mate

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the only maize here is your ignorance *applause*

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

MrUnderbridge posted:

Teachers do occasionally get spotted by former students. It's usually awkward, (especially when a girl goes to hug you, or you don't remember the kid) and even kids who did terribly view you as a buddy. I've even had a couple say "Sorry, I wasn't a very good student in your class".

But a whole parade of them? Nah. And never a former parent. And certainly no third party stranger. I'm surprised he didn't have the guy salute him.

I gave my old physics teacher a hug last time I saw him, but that was because he had just married my sister.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

And then they all went off to recess and the teacher stood there with 20 desks covered in toothpaste and shaving cream that she bought for her own money. But at least she saved one generation.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the only maize here is your ignorance *applause*

stop being so corny, thx

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Katt posted:

And then they all went off to recess and the teacher stood there with 20 desks covered in toothpaste and shaving cream that she bought for her own money. But at least she saved one generation.

I think I have also seen this story be used as an allegory for abstinence, but not with those pictures, which would be hilarious.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Katt posted:

Luckily I had bought my rubber spatchula and funnel to school that day, I managed to get all the hair gel back in the bottle. I then lit a joint and high fived everyone in the class while the teacher cried because she's so dumb. Everyone clapped and I am Einstein.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

DariusLikewise posted:

Luckily I had bought my rubber spatchula and funnel to school that day, I managed to get all the hair gel back in the bottle. I then lit a joint and high fived everyone in the class while the teacher cried because she's so dumb. Everyone clapped and I am Einstein.

source you're quotes

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

youknowthatoneguy posted:

I think I have also seen this story be used as an allegory for abstinence, but not with those pictures, which would be hilarious.

My abstinence lesson used pudding to show how once you have sex you have a piece of that person with you forever and spread it to every other person you have sex with

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I think it works better as a "you can't take back words" metaphor than an abstinence metaphor because last I checked, sex was not a finite resource. You can't run out of sex.

Insert rambling about used up whore women and the cock carousel I guess. Bleh.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

last I checked, sex was not a finite resource. You can't run out of sex.

Someone clearly isn't trying hard enough.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

RoboRodent posted:

last I checked, sex was not a finite resource. You can't run out of sex.

Sure, when you have so much unused sex saved up you can get by on just the accumulated interest, but some of us are living paycheck-to-paycheck here. :smuggo:

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

jjack229 posted:

Sure, when you have so much unused sex saved up you can get by on just the accumulated interest, but some of us are living paycheck-to-paycheck here. :smuggo:

talk about making ends meet

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Slime posted:

Someone clearly isn't trying hard enough.

Maybe it's finite at a group level so some people used up all the sex and now the others aren't getting any.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Katt posted:

Maybe it's finite at a group level so some people used up all the sex and now the others aren't getting any.

^^ What r/incel and their ilk actually believe ^^

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

walrusman posted:

^^ What r/incel and their ilk actually believe ^^

Someone should have archived that place. One could always shut up a budding MRA by linking that. Now we no longer have that example of how deep the rabbit hole goes.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Katt posted:

I honestly can see it. When I was in early elementary school the teacher did legit give us shaving cream to play with, to 'clean the desks' or something??? But it was only a dollop per kid and we had to clean it up with paper towels after rubbing it all over the desk.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Katt posted:

Someone should have archived that place. One could always shut up a budding MRA by linking that. Now we no longer have that example of how deep the rabbit hole goes.

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/category/incel/

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Tried this, does not actually work. You just get stab blood on your punching fist and the other guy is still pissed off.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm pretty sure nobody in the history of being stabbed has thought "I didn't feel that" afterward.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm pretty sure nobody in the history of being stabbed has thought "I didn't feel that" afterward.

step up your drinkin' game

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Pastry of the Year posted:

step up your drinkin' game

A friend of mine managed to stab himself with the knife he always carries when he was ridiculously drunk. An hour later he goes "where did all this blood come from? Holy poo poo when did instant myself?"

Moral of the story: suggestion checks out.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

this starts reasonably enough and then dovetails straight to stdh.txt town.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
i like the last part, like it was still too within the realm of possibility so the writer just made a free throw with the "he offered to pay my rent" line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

sweeperbravo posted:

i like the last part, like it was still too within the realm of possibility so the writer just made a free throw with the "he offered to pay my rent" line

Not he offered, but that was the bet.

I kinda wish this one had happened, tho