Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Gotta believe at this point that Trump opened the first door of his advent calendar this morning to the saddest piece of chocolate he'd ever seen and that was the best part of his day.

edit: Taxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Trump angrily stands and begins charging at a staffer. The staffer cowers and freezes, Trump runs right past, jumps at the wall, turns into a ball of energy and flies into an Ethernet jack. Phones all over the white house buzz. Twitter Alert:

@realdonaldtrump: You can not take away my Twitter. I am Twitter now.

You lost me at Trump being able to run. The man doesn't seem physically capable of it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

If I die tomorrow I want this played on a loop next to my casket (next to last year's World Series Game 7). I'm serious.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

HappyHippo posted:

If Flynn rats on Trump or his horrid family there's no way Trump pardons him

yeah i assume that's why mueller made this public asap, to make trump see him as a traitor and undeserving of a pardon before someone could explain to trump it was now or never on the pardon

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:getin:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

i dont think throwing him under the bus further is going to get flynn to squeal less just a thought

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

dont even fink about it posted:

Flynn apparently expects to lose his house as a result of legal fees and was getting little or nothing from Trump.

I hope more Trumpers are afraid of losing their House.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

Maybe "bring your kids to work day" isn't the best option when performing criminal conspiracies?

They can't arrest a father and son for the same crime

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Was Flynn just perp walked out to the press?

Saw the end of CNN there, and he was escaping in a car.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

marioinblack posted:

I'm looking forward to Mueller stating to Congress "It is not my job to recommend impeachment, I leave that in your hands. I'm only presenting my findings." Then he proceeds to unfurl a comically large scroll with all the crimes that POTUS and everyone in his administration were involved with.

The end of Miracle on 34th Street, except with indictments.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The CSPAM thread moves too fast so I'mma ask in here: why doesn't the tax bill need 60?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

STOP STOP I CAN ONLY GET SO ERECT!!!

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

So is Bernie Sanders going to come out to tell us the Russia story isn't a big deal like he did after Manafort's indictment?

Bernie is not part of the small fragment of the left that sees the Russia investigation as a distraction from the real issues. Bernie is also not a moron. These two things may be related.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Your Taint posted:

I like Anderson, myself. Much snarkier.

Honestly I expect her to start with one of her weirs, rambling 15 minute fun history lessons before drinking a shot of tequila on screen ad saying 'we got this mothefucker'.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/936637131136565248

Looks like the hall passes go to the deficit hawks. (except lankford, because lol)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Gonna be significantly less interesting if the period of "direction" was after the election.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

"Michael Flynn was a kindly homeless man who lived near the Trump campaign headquarters. Out of the goodness of his heart, President Trump gave him a job. It turns out he was a plant by the deep state who didn't want to MAGA.

Also, emails."

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

eviltastic posted:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/936637131136565248

Looks like the hall passes go to the deficit hawks. (except lankford, because lol)

quietly, darkly, the hfc looms

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Gonna be significantly less interesting if the period of "direction" was after the election.

The ABC News report said it was sometime during the campaign.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

weekly font posted:

The CSPAM thread moves too fast so I'mma ask in here: why doesn't the tax bill need 60?

The tax bill is being passed using reconciliation which trades immunity to filibuster for limitations on the bill's content.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

weekly font posted:

There is a process in the Senate called reconciliation. You only get one reconciliation bill (or package of up to 3 bills) a year, and it must be limited to taxes and spending. If you follow all of the rules, and there are a lot of them, then reconciliation bills can not be filibustered.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Everybody in the meeting I was in at work started scrolling on their phones and talking excitedly about 20 minutes ago

One guy said "Trump reportedly had a temper tantrum when he heard the news; he threw a coffee pot down the hall"

No word on where this is from though, just "scuttlebutt"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

weekly font posted:

reconciliation, a process that allows one bill a year that avoids a filibuster, but has specific limitations on what kinds of things it can do. a tax bill is very easy to fit into those limitations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Digging the cyberpunk dystopia aesthetic to match the text

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Your Taint posted:

The ABC News report said it was sometime during the campaign.
Yeah, but I haven't seen anything corroborate that. There will be more documentation soon, so we'll see.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They can't arrest a father and son for the same crime

That's only for light treason.

It's amazing how that dumb show somehow predicted the future.

Sinister_Beekeeper fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 1, 2017

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Edit: Never mind, evilweasel gave a much better explanation than I can.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Everybody in the meeting I was in at work started scrolling on their phones and talking excitedly about 20 minutes ago

One guy said "Trump reportedly had a temper tantrum when he heard the news; he threw a coffee pot down the hall"

I saw it on one of the "Rogue White House Staff" Twitter accounts. So, grain of salt, but I'd be thrilled if it was corroborated.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So I can't help shake the feeling that Pence will be the one who has to jump on this grenade, and Trump will somehow cling on like the shitsmear he is.

Who's the next most likely VP nominee? Trump actively hates pretty much every moderate alternative from the Senate or state governors. Paul Ryan?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Selachian posted:

I saw it on one of the "Rogue White House Staff" Twitter accounts. So, grain of salt, but I'd be thrilled if it was corroborated.

Those have been full of poo poo since they started so I wouldn't take much stock in it.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Selachian posted:

Treat all of those like they're bullshit, because they are

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Drone posted:

So I can't help shake the feeling that Pence will be the one who has to jump on this grenade, and Trump will somehow cling on like the shitsmear he is.

Who's the next most likely VP nominee? Trump actively hates pretty much every moderate alternative from the Senate or state governors. Paul Ryan?

Why would you ever think Pence would do that? He clearly only took the job assuming he would end up President. No way in hell he voluntarily goes down to save anyone.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I thought the deadline on reconciliation had passed when the healthcare thing flopped at the end of September and have been silently screaming for the past three weeks.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Data Graham posted:

My sources told me he started getting misty eyed, stood up and wordlessly left the room. A junior aid whispered "did someone step in dog poo poo or am I just imagining things"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rogue whitehouse staff also made typos you could only do on a Russian keyboard

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/936639786764423168
evilweasel called it

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Please land the killshot Mueller.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Only solution Trump has now is the Baltimore cop way.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/936614807066865666

So let’s talk about that CROOKED Hillary amirite?

Drain the swamp, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Selachian posted:

Pretty sure the main one everyone followed/talked about was proven to be a Russian plant.

FizFashizzle posted:

Rogue whitehouse staff also made typos you could only do on a Russian keyboard

Yea that's part of it. The grammar errors used were also indicative of a person from Eastern European.

Then I believe at one point the account had previously tweet in full Cyrillic and location services placed it in Russia, but that can be faked sorta.

cochise fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 1, 2017

• Locked thread