Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Gentleman Blogger posted:

So, as a Washingtonian, and a punk, and a guy who is friends with one of the bar managers at Cat, I wanna talk about this.
1.) The Black Cat is an old rear end punk joint, run by an old rear end DC punk, name of Dante Ferrando, who used to play in the 88-era DC punk band Grey Matter.
2.) The Cat used to be smaller, but around the time that this fesh dude is referencing, it got a new upstairs stage, and the downstairs stage turned into a smaller stage and front bar.
3.) Dante's not a Twin Peaks wanker, or a pedo. The "Red Room" is just called that because it's loving red. Having been there many a night when there's not poo poo popping off either upstairs or in back, when it's literally just the local bored punks wanting a drink, the most pedo-y thing going on is them doing a Doctor Who happy hour.

gently caress you, fesher. You wanna snoop around a normal rear end punk bar for OMG CHILDREN GETTING BUTTFUCKED, get at me, I'll take you to the Cat, I'll even get Dante to show you every goddamn inch of the place so long as you don't bring a loving gun, and when you realize that there's nothing going on, and that pizzanonsense is nonsense, I'll kick your rear end on 14th St, and leave you for the homeless to stab and beat.

Ahahaha no Twin Peaks wankers here, we watch le Doctor Who :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
It was Time, not People magazine, you dinguses

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

blarzgh posted:

Trump is reportedly still obsessed with Obama's birth certificate, and now "thinks maybe that wasn't his voice on the Access Hollywood tape" so the idea of someone scamming their way up the phone chain to whisper goobery nuggets in his ear is close enough to possible for me.

I want to believe(so I will)

I like how "yeah, I said that, and I say stuff like that all the time, who gives a poo poo" was his response at the time, and it worked, but now he's bringing it back up with a different strategy instead, because he can't loving help himself

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Maybe he just told the secretary or whatever to say it was closed because he didn't want to talk to a baby on the phone. Like what do you even say to a baby on the phone? Just make the baby text me if he wants something imho.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

loquacius posted:

I thought he sounded like he's still too repressed to cheat but you're right that that's probably not a permanent state of being

Point is he's unhappy and needs to sort his poo poo out

No such thing as too repressed to cheat. He cheeeetin, mm

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Trump confession couldn't get the magazine right. It was Time, not People.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I'm the people person of the year

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Also didn't "Pickle" turn out to be a real boy, amazingly?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Maybe he just told the secretary or whatever to say it was closed because he didn't want to talk to a baby on the phone. Like what do you even say to a baby on the phone? Just make the baby text me if he wants something imho.

Like I’m going to let a baby tell me how to do my job? I’ve been here for fifteen years baby, you can’t just waddle up to the board of directors like you’re a hot poo poo. Go gently caress yourself, baby.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Marrying a really religious person when you aren't one is always a loving disaster. gently caress, I can't even get through dating one.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Marrying a really religious person when you aren't one is always a loving disaster. gently caress, I can't even get through dating one.

When I first met my wife, I was so excited because she seemed perfect. We finally got around to the religion question and she was like, "I don't go to church" and it was then that I knew I had to put a ring on it.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

It's also the fact it was super quick and probably happened so they could get to the PIV sex that's getting me. Dude probably wanted to gently caress, his religious beliefs forbid it, so time to find a wife. Also great that his religion meant they were getting pregnant super fast because that's what you need when you marry for sex, a baby. Good luck with the divorce since, once again, his religion forbids it.

Bust Rodd posted:

Gurl he cheetin

If he isn't already he probably will soon. Hopefully his religion fucks him again and he gets her pregnant. Maybe he'll stop being Catholic and to full Mormon so he can gently caress marry a few more girls.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nocheez posted:

When I first met my wife, I was so excited because she seemed perfect. We finally got around to the religion question and she was like, "I don't go to church" and it was then that I knew I had to put a ring on it.

I have known a few who didn't go to church because it wasn't pure enough for them, so this can backfire

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

RFC2324 posted:

I have known a few who didn't go to church because it wasn't pure enough for them, so this can backfire

Believe it or not, we had a few more conversations before and after that led me to believe she was not a religious nutjob.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nocheez posted:

Believe it or not, we had a few more conversations before and after that led me to believe she was not a religious nutjob.

a goon not jumping the gun? :wtf:

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
To goonette with baby and lawyer husband...

You could say I am in a similar predicament, except I’m the lawyer-boyfriend, I don’t even have a baby yet (or maybe never), and my girlfriend (not married, but living together) and I still have had issues.

The issue stems primarily from work stress, constantly having work stuff in my head, and my being accustomed to not caring too much about other things. I recite things I’m saying in the shower. My mind very easily drifts to it. My girlfriend notices I’m there but not really present.

Things are a little better now since I’ve been in the legal field a while now (7 yrs as paralegal 9 as an attorney), and you can say I’ve learned quite a bit about enjoying life a little more and being less focused on work, so I came to this at least acknowledging it’s a problem. Even with that, I’m still kinda bad though. I mean we had a fight just this last week due to me not really doing much for her birthday. She tried ignoring it but it tore at her over the next week after. And, she makes a big deal of my birthdays. So I still gently caress up.

Most attorneys become one to make money and prosper. Many attorneys have a little bit of tunnel vision towards success for this reason. The work is too difficult and demanding, and responsibility can be so significant, to just break even or just do okay isn’t enough. Plus unless you are in a firm that pigeon-holes you into a particular task it has so much variation, you are always learning, and it stays interesting. He will rarely get bored, and people usually double down on the workload until they fully burn out on it. That’s what I did. After I burnt out I eventually left my firm, went off on my own, and took it a little easier, though it’s still hard to manage stress.

Many attorneys get married, have kids, and forget to enjoy being single with $$$ for a while before they do that. I was lucky I did enjoy myself for years, so I have few regrets being in a serious relationship now. Your husband may be looking for that peak to make what he went through worth it.

Maybe the way to approach it is to not expect results immediately, but try to work on a plan to reduce his stress. Although it is hard because you are child rearing, you got with a guy whose got an agenda. He’s got to get some satisfaction out of life for what he has to deal with, and he’s already went into the rabbit hole so to speak. Be there for him when he eventually burns out. I mean it would be ideal if he wanted to balance his work and family life NOW, but my guess is he’s not at that point yet. I think you may need to learn to speak his language first to bring him back down.

Every situation is different though. Maybe consider what you liked about him to begin with and still try to focus on that in the meantime. Feel free to PM me I suppose.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Attorneys have some of the highest rates of suicide and substance abuse of any profession. If you're not born with the ability to manage the stress, or can't develop it, the job will gently caress you up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My dad is a lawyer

Seeing what he does at work all day and when he gets home from work every night was enough to ensure I never once in my entire childhood wanted to be a lawyer

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Friends,

Don't marry lawyers. (Unless you're one.)
Don't marry religious people. (Unless you're one.)
Don't rush into marriage.
Don't have a baby unless you actively want one.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

When I was a teenager for some reason I only wanted to date the really christian girls so I converted to get closer to them. Even when I was really deep into it and agreed with them on the no sex until marriage part it still didn't work. Would not recommend.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Modus Pwnens posted:

Don't have a baby unless you actively want one.

I don't want to be middle-aged and not have children, but the idea of being young and having a baby still kind of scares me :ohdear:

If I could have a kid that was genetically mine just sort of spring into existence at age 5 or thereabouts I think I'd be happy

Anyway here's a D-list celebrity fesh:

quote:

I am Rod Smart, former NFL player. Although I had an amazing NFL career, plus a great CFL career and was a star in the NCAA I am probably best known for something else.

I was the XFL player He Hate Me. Definitely the star of the league and, in my eyes, we could have kept that league going until today had more players embraced it like I did. In fact, I have been pitching a new XFL season since 2008, when the All American Football League failed to materialize.

I recently sold my XFL plotlines and concepts, and I believe we’ll see my new football league starting in 2019. There will be no kneeling, no bullshit penalties, no “concussions”. This is real football, for real men, and it will be a powerful dose of America right when we need it the most. Snowflakes need not apply.

Here are some concepts you’ll be seeing soon, so you understand just how revolutionary this is going to be:

A) You can remove players from your team for a score multiplier. You’ll be at a handicap but your touchdowns will be worth more.

B) Fan interaction. There will be a twitter poll after each game to determine the MVP.

C) VR headsets for fans at the stadium, hooked up to the helmets of the QBs. Pay a premium and you can live in the game.

D) Season Long serial storylines. Imagine your favorite player has been battling for custody of his son. He needs to win The Big Game to get enough money to pay his lawyer and get full custody. Maybe his ex wife tries to sabotage the game?

Now imagine every player, since everybody has a favorite player, with a storyline. More fan investment, plus online webisodes to fill in the blanks for viewers. This will be a media empire.

E) 100% troop support. Any military vet is free to join a team at any point and we’ll let him play. Free front row seats for them, too.

What are you gonna do when a guy shows up to play who got both his legs blown off in Afghanistan huh :smugbert:

quote:

My parents were part of a cult which I escaped in my early 20s. I’ve never told anyone because it’s weord as hell. I see a therapist fairly often but still have challenges in my daily life.

My parents and about 50 other people were all part of a group called Jesus’ People. They joined around 1994. The group started off when it’s leader was banned from our local church for inciting a riot. He claimed that homosexuality was an unforgivable sin and that we needed to kill all gay people.

His cult preached a similar message : homosexuals secretly controlled the world and were seeking the destruction of Christian values in order to convert more children and rule the world in Satan’s name. Because Satan was the first homosexual, cast out of Heaven for attempting to rape a male angel. Crazy right? My parents were the right mix of stupid and hateful to fit right in.

I was 6 when they joined, but wasn’t involved in anything until my teens. I just thought it was a church club.

We weren’t allowed to celebrate any holidays except for Christmas, and they majorly pushed the Jesus stuff.

I wanted to celebrate Halloween one year with friends; they locked me in the basement for an entire weekend to punish me. Then the Leader came and preached to me for 5 hours to “pray away” my sin.

As far as I know nobody was ever killed, but the cult got very strange near the end. I started attending services when I was 14, and the Leader and his wife would preach constantly about the end of the world. The Leader was 40 and his wife was 14, by the way, when they first got married.

I finally escaped in 2009. The cult was preaching that Obama was the homosexual demon “Obraxas” in human form. There were scarily detailed plans to enter the White House. I had started meeting friends outside of my town at this point and realized how dangerous these people were.

The FBI outfitted me with a recording device so I could go back for one night and get enough evidence to arrest the Leader. That night, as he did most Fridays, he invited all of the women in the group to join him in his bedroom. That included my mother.

When he finished that ceremony I met him in the cafeteria. I asked about Obama and he began pressing up a storm. He specifically mentioned murder, kidnapping children, and terrorism he wanted to commit.

The FBI got him the next day. My dad attempted to commit suicide but was stopped. I haven’t talked to my family since then.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That concept for a new football league sounds loving awful. Leave that stuff in wrestling please.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There's a lot of overlap between football and wrestling, I think

I'm 100% ok with the fact that the guy in my av is a heel btw

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

loquacius posted:

There's a lot of overlap between football and wrestling, I think

I'm 100% ok with the fact that the guy in my av is a heel btw

Aside from the guys being muscular and grappling with each other, there really isn't. One is scripted, one isn't (unless your favorite team loses, then you claim it is, but deep down you know it isn't or you are a moron). Why would I give a poo poo about "storylines" in an actual sport? How would a player's wife even sabotage a game?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That concept for a new football league sounds loving awful. Leave that stuff in wrestling please.

Ya and a VR hemet tracking a QB would just make you barf.

I do want to see a 1 man team that is just a hulked out motherfucker who gets 1000 points for touchdowns though.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Aside from the guys being muscular and grappling with each other, there really isn't. One is scripted, one isn't (unless your favorite team loses, then you claim it is, but deep down you know it isn't or you are a moron). Why would I give a poo poo about "storylines" in an actual sport? How would a player's wife even sabotage a game?

I think you're alone in thinking football doesn't have compelling storylines, scripted or no

Last year my team even had one where we wanted to win specifically to stick it to the commissioner, I'm not a wrestling guy but I think that literally happened in wrestling multiple times

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Football with roids encouraged as much as they are in wrestling would be good on its own, same with MMA or just wrestling with real fighting.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

loquacius posted:

I think you're alone in thinking football doesn't have compelling storylines, scripted or no

Last year my team even had one where we wanted to win specifically to stick it to the commissioner, I'm not a wrestling guy but I think that literally happened in wrestling multiple times

It has storylines but you're acting like there's not a big difference between scripted and unscripted ones. I never said they don't have unscripted storylines. His idea clearly stated they would be scripted, which nobody wants except wrestling spergs who want to see more roided up men in tight pants pretend to hurt each other.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cult fesh is sad because I know someone who fits your (and your mom's) stories very eerily (Pennsylvania has a big problem with cults between Allentown and Pittsburgh i.e. most of the state lol) so its just way too real to be fake.

The thing about cults is that I literally don't understand how your brain can work that way. I'm the kind of person who has a hard enough time letting my boss tell me what to do, and she keeps a roof over my head and food in house. She has the authority to direct me while im at work.

What is your life that you let some random dude from your church punish your kids and gently caress your wife and all your friends wives and scare away all joy from your life? Does he have a gun? Like what is the draw here? Maybe going to heaven later, where there arent any gay black demons to seduce you away from your wife (who you let cuck you with spiritman?).

I get drugs, I get gambling, I get thrill seeking... this kind of behavior is just completely beyond my scope of reasoning. If that goon would write another fesh or just message me with some insight as to what the deal there is Id sorely like to know.

I plan on watching the current season of American Horror Story when its done airing just because i read the whole season is cult stuff.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 1, 2017

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

loquacius posted:

My dad is a lawyer

Seeing what he does at work all day and when he gets home from work every night was enough to ensure I never once in my entire childhood wanted to be a lawyer

Are you John Mulaney? Are you new in town?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It has storylines but you're acting like there's not a big difference between scripted and unscripted ones. I never said they don't have unscripted storylines. His idea clearly stated they would be scripted, which nobody wants except wrestling spergs who want to see more roided up men in tight pants pretend to hurt each other.

I dunno if I'd watch it -- I don't watch wrestling either -- but I think there could be an audience for it if it was done well enough. Movies aren't real either and we loving love those things.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Are you John Mulaney? Are you new in town?

I saw him a couple weeks ago actually, he owns

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hope real He Hate Me beats up fake He Hate Me

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I'm a vet. I would go to one game, but would probably never watch on TV.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Slap on a helmet and pads and play middle linebacker for a few series you pussy.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Who doesn't want to see a bunch of disabled veterans, desperate for a job, getting destroyed on the football field?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

loquacius posted:

I saw him a couple weeks ago actually, he owns
Did he say that "Chicago cops know that phone books don't leave bruises" line? Because I lost my poo poo at that when I saw him and like maybe two other people in the entire audience even chuckled.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Does he have a gun?

I think the 'gun' is an impenetrable belief that the end of all things is nigh, and the only salvation from an eternity of damnation is the word and leadership of this [charismatic] old gently caress. Plus, you deny people access to the outside world, and all the fundamentals of human decency and scientific fact that you'd normally learn operating on a day to day basis are like farts in the wind compared to the thundering roar of fire and brimstone from the pulpit.

I've said it in other threads, but I highly recommend "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer for a deep dive into the origins of the Mormon Church, its proclivity for breeding hyper-fundamentalist splinter sects, and a loving heartbreaking story of 'divinely mandated' double murder in 1984.

Edit: also theres a good podcast from NPR out right now on the Heaven's Gate cult, narrated by the guy who does Snap Judgment who, surprisingly, was also raised in a cult as a young man.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Why would I give a poo poo about "storylines" in an actual sport? How would a player's wife even sabotage a game?

Bang her ex husband's entire team except him, in exchange for them losing? Or giving same team the clap or whatever, so that they couldn't play that game?

They could have a Maury Povich half time show: "Quarterback, turns out you're NOT the father!! It's the fullback's bastard child!!" They then fight in the middle of the field, and talk poo poo at each other: "your wife used to be a tight end, but I made her a wide receiver".

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Looks like we've already found your head writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I'm 125% sure that "He Hate Me" types very well, with complete sentences and proper grammar.