Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Well as long as you don't use it as nose art for your plane...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Only the finest big titty animu waifus for my plane

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
Here's something that came up in the Discord chat regarding our shiny new F-15 Akefs:

While they can fly air-to-air in all weathers and conditions, their air-to-ground loadouts are limited to daytime and fair weather. The GBU-15 is a very powerful weapon with an excellent glide range, but it needs to be dropped from high altitude, it can't see in the dark, and the 1985 Akef has no FLIR and no provision for one.
Also, given that the Sparrow is quite a step down from what we're used to, may I recommend double-checking the WRA on them so that the Eagles default to firing two missiles per target?

One more thing. It sure seems like the MiG-21 Bison is rapidly proliferating to become the AK-47 of aerial PMCs. Unfortunately for us, it can joust with the Eagle and win much of the time in a fair fight, given the fire-and-forget Amraamskis. We shall have to adjust our tactics accordingly. The Bison's main weakness is an old and rather weak radar set, so blanketing their radars with OECM seems like one possible countermeasure; this means we'll need more than just our Prowler (keeping in mind that the R-77s do have a home-on-jam mode). Another is to play chicken at the very edge of their range. If we can somehow bait the Bisons into firing first at long range, then turning and running until the missiles run out of fuel, we should be in a good position; Sparrows have 55nm against the Amraamski's 40nm, and the Bison only carries two of them. Ideally, if the Bison looses both Amraamskis at extreme range--which our Akef outruns--the fight becomes Sparrows against Archers, and that's a fight we can win. (Or the Bison turns around and goes home, in which case it's a mission kill.)

E: Of course, all of this is less preferable to making sure our Eagles don't get into fights with enemy Bisons in the first place, but that seems very optimistic given our history of missions in this theatre.

bibliosabreur fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 29, 2017

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Hexenritter posted:

Only the finest big titty animu waifus for my plane

Listen, brother, the only people who can be put on Hollywood Thunderlips's plane as the nose art are those who ever beat Hollywood Thunderlips in the ring of honour!

...Which is why so far my only option is Cobbie's wife.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

And that's why my callsign is now "Yiff"

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I spent the past couple of days travelling, flying, and sitting in airports so I had a ton of time to think about the state of the LP. In a nutshell it's swung too far to the mission side and veered away from that delightful trainwreck that's the story. Bac hit it on the nail, the mission card method allows us to min-max and kind of ignore the storyline.

I like the story line. It brought us Cobbie. The Count. Silent Bob. Jack Abramoff and his flight through Canada. We have a rich opportunity with DT5 but due to the nature we have little chance to expand on it.

We'll be choosing a pair of employers. One on the Liquor-side and the other on the Arms-side. Our Arms-side folks will all have certain advantages, and disadvantages. Same with the Liquor suppliers. We'll still have some mission cards, but it'll be just those pair as employers. Tentatively we'll run OP #1 on the arms side and OP #2 on the liquor side. That way we break them into more manageable bits.

I just finished reading all about the RAF on Eagle Day and then started in on Mona Lisa Overdrive. It's time to burn this place down. The Hired Goons are back.

Whatcha think?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yooper posted:

I spent the past couple of days travelling, flying, and sitting in airports so I had a ton of time to think about the state of the LP. In a nutshell it's swung too far to the mission side and veered away from that delightful trainwreck that's the story. Bac hit it on the nail, the mission card method allows us to min-max and kind of ignore the storyline.

I like the story line. It brought us Cobbie. The Count. Silent Bob. Jack Abramoff and his flight through Canada. We have a rich opportunity with DT5 but due to the nature we have little chance to expand on it.

We'll be choosing a pair of employers. One on the Liquor-side and the other on the Arms-side. Our Arms-side folks will all have certain advantages, and disadvantages. Same with the Liquor suppliers. We'll still have some mission cards, but it'll be just those pair as employers. Tentatively we'll run OP #1 on the arms side and OP #2 on the liquor side. That way we break them into more manageable bits.

I just finished reading all about the RAF on Eagle Day and then started in on Mona Lisa Overdrive. It's time to burn this place down. The Hired Goons are back.

Whatcha think?

That sounds awesome.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
It's not a bad idea, but we're definitely going to need a few more bits of intel on the prospective employers before we can make a decision. I mean, I'd like to pick up Schmoz, but most of our interactions have been with the beverage companies, and we don't have a whole lot about the arms-side companies.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Yooper posted:

Whatcha think?

Yesssssssss

Looking forward to that Tessier-Ashpool funding someday.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Davin Valkri posted:

It's not a bad idea, but we're definitely going to need a few more bits of intel on the prospective employers before we can make a decision. I mean, I'd like to pick up Schmoz, but most of our interactions have been with the beverage companies, and we don't have a whole lot about the arms-side companies.

I'll be working on more intel packages to you guys have a better picture.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
So, the situation's forming beyond just a free-for-all between various people into a proper scrap?

Coiler121
May 26, 2017
While I'll obviously wait on intel, the cynical "follow-the-strongest" attidue leads me (for now) in the direction of Yugoimport for "arms company patron".

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Yooper posted:

Whatcha think?

This is definitely the best idea. Half of the fun of Angola was hearing about how the new air marshals died, half the fun of the Bering Sea was Cobbie...it just wouldn't be the same without all of that man.

Besides, sticking with one employer and watching their influence grow because of how much we've been loving up the other guys feels much more satisfying than running around taking random jobs. The Hayard-Gunnes have been at their best with long-term contracts.

That being said I think some aspect of the mission card idea should stick around. Having the flexibility to choose different ops and have different effects on the theater would be neat and help deal with the ennui as it were we saw in the last theaters when we kept getting similar missions, and it would naturally lead into one of our trademark "the entire theater is trying to kill us, go show them who's boss" moments.

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 1, 2017

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Agree. Looking forward to the briefings.

I like that you're trying new things every theatre Yooper. It keeps things interesting and the mission card format worked well to set the stage for the theatre. Especially after the glorious clusterfuck in Sofia.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Yooper posted:

Whatcha think?

I like it.

Gives those of who are less crunchy-gronard more to do other than submit plans that no one votes for.

Also, perhaps this will allow us more wish-fulfillment procurement options beyond 'Boat' and 'Performance Mafia'.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I’ll be honest, I didn’t feel much attachment to the last two ops due to this reason though I wasn’t able to articulate why until reading that summary. I like this new proposal a lot.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Each card will have the basics. Please refer to this map for approximate positioning. Options for FOB will still exist, but may become more interesting depending on the mission.

Arms Employers

Liquor Employers

Please use the following link. You'll pick TWO from each category and the magic of STV will let us decide who we go with.

https://goo.gl/forms/mR8F4lJFTsnrMB5o1

Edit : The " + 50% Meteor Tax" means it's a perk and the Meteor Tax is only 50% of normal with that employer. The 3dP Upgrade means one plane package from that era is upgraded to a newer model.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 1, 2017

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Dimitris posted:

> Can create/edit scenarios
> Can edit platforms
> Can change map icons
> Can change map graphics
> Almost everything shown on map can be toggled on/off/selective
> Can change sound effects
> Can change/add music
> Can use video clips
> Can import/export installations around the world with sub-meter accuracy
> Can use custom map overlays and bundle them with scenarios so they auto-load
> Can model and use weather conditions ranging from clear blue sky to Mordor-scale storms
> Can selectively enable/disable various advanced sim features (gunnery affected by a million variables, unlimited stores, detailed AC damage, cargo ops, comms disruption, various advanced weapon types etc.)
> Can tailor victory/loss conditions according to side (e.g. punish superpower for suffering even light losses)
> Can access & modify the sim execution through Lua API
> Can offer custom special actions to player, each with benefits, risks & consequences (similar to card draw in tabletops)
> Can customize each individual unit's behavior down to how often the crew gets bathroom breaks

Yeah I see your point there.

I'd pay for a database editor.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Yooper posted:

Edit : The " + 50% Meteor Tax" means it's a perk and the Meteor Tax is only 50% of normal with that employer. The 3dP Upgrade means one plane package from that era is upgraded to a newer model.

What about the post- and pre-1985 upgrades that Arsenal and Schmohz has? Or is that the same thing, just different name?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Anta posted:

What about the post- and pre-1985 upgrades that Arsenal and Schmohz has? Or is that the same thing, just different name?

Correct. It will allow one 3dP airframe from either 1985 + or pre-1985 to be upgraded. So say we have a 1983 Cessna we can upgrade it to a newer model of that same plane. We'll wrangle the details later, probably not a 2017 Cessna, but it opens up a way for us to do a mission to kidnap a designer, or steal blueprints, or whatever.

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
We keep Gjader as our home base, correct? I'm really liking our Albanian supervillain lair, guarded by savvy locals and mountains.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Armaments: ROMARM and RABA seem the most interesting. Erratic demands? Performance-oriented bastard taskmasters? Yes, please!

Beverages: SCHMOHZ and UNICUM. Having to operate with botes again sounds like a good opportunity to spice things up, while more money will never go amiss.

Dimitris
Apr 11, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Kilonum posted:

I'd pay for a database editor.

Full DB editing is one of the features of the Professional Edition: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=3822

Feel free to contact us in private for a quote.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Yeah I like the storyline and I feel like goons do better rallying around a cause and destroying everything in its name rather than picking and choosing. I think if we decide on, say, Coke, you'll see the usual bonkers outpouring of support and crazy ideas rather than if we just bounced around.

I mean we're mercenaries but we also believe in things, even if those things are silly or likely to get us killed. We kicked the Russians and stole a nuke even though we love Russian aircraft because gently caress THOSE GUYS.

As a result of this thread and all my reading for CMANO I'm also starting to get defense contractor ads. :v:

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

As a result of this thread and all my reading for CMANO I'm also starting to get defense contractor ads. :v:

Hah, we've already asked SAAB for a quote on AMRAAM Gripens. not really, but a goon did ask SAAB about whether Gripens can carry AMRAAMs

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
i say we should work for Arsenal AD, because our dealings with the Bulgarian Mafia/Brothers in Angola is actually the last time i can remember one of our exployers being fully up front and honest with us without any surprise hidden agendas. Also, i shamelessly like the idea of getting upgraded Fencers/Flankers/Eagles to play with.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

bibliosabreur posted:

We keep Gjader as our home base, correct? I'm really liking our Albanian supervillain lair, guarded by savvy locals and mountains.

Correct. It's too cool of a spot not to.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Very glad that we're moving away from the freeform stuff.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Mine are like this: https://twitter.com/BoeingDefense/status/918950421061758976

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

Of the arms dealers I think I like Arsenal and Yugo best. They seem the least likely to gently caress with us, either with mission or payment fuckery. They also have good perks, especially Arsenal. Meteors half off and post-1985 upgrades are really useful to our A2A capability. (if post-1985 means 1985 inclusive so we can upgrade our Akefs).

We don't really care that much about the lack of ground radar, we bring our own. Mig-21s are already so cheap that a bonus to procuring them isn't really all that much. Unless we want to go with a huge herd of Bison.

The beverage companies are more even IMO. COKE doesn't really bring much we need and the all-or-nothing sounds like a little too much of a negative unless it also means the "all" is a lot bigger. It looks like MCTB is willing to forgive us embarrassing them deeply, as long as we work for them instead. Especially if the Meteor tax bonus stacks with Arsenal for a total 75% reduction. I assume that also gets us off their immediate poo poo-list for now.
Schmohz has both a bote-related plus and Pre-85 upgrade. And finally UNICUM with a very nice 20% bonus, free FOB and a free drone. How useful the FOB and drone would be is entirely mission-dependent.

I'm leaning towards Arsenal then Yugo, and Schmoz then MCTB.

Yooper: I read the upgrade-package note as post-1985 includes 1985, pre-1985 does not Is that correct? Also is the random drone a mission-by-mission thing or is it for keeps?

e: changed order on beverage employers.

Anta fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 1, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Anta posted:

Yooper: I read the upgrade-package note as post-1985 includes 1985, pre-1985 does not Is that correct? Also is the random drone a mission-by-mission thing or is it for keeps?

Correct. One is Up to, but not including, 1985, and the other is 1985 and above. The drone is a friendly drone, droning about, as drones do, but not "our" drone. It could totally eat a MANPAD on minute 1, or provide useful intel for hours.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Arsenal, Yugo, Schmotz, Coke. I don't trust any of these fuckers but at least they pay decently.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

orcbuster posted:

Well by the looks of it, thanks to our obsessive grognard minds (specifically thanks to anta who did the testing) we've uncovered a bug in CMANO. Specifically with with the alamo D missile.

The R-27 "Alamo" IR variant is a lock after launch missile, meaning it is guided to its target by the radar and then locks onto the target when close. Problem is, it seems to follow a plane regardless of manouvering of said plane and without any means of external or internal guidance (still follows after the plane that fires it gets deleted). What does this mean? basically that the IR alamo is cheating by acting as an automatic F&F missile when its really an SARH missile with a different terminal guidance to target and is thus substantially more deadly than it should be.

Dimitris posted:

I _think_ we have fixed this issue either recently or in the next update but just in case, can you open a thread on the MG tech support forum and provide a suitable save for investigation? Cheers.

Which version is it supposed to be fixed in? I just tested again in v1.13 - build 972.11 and I'm still getting the magic missiles.

I guess I'll go post a thing.

edit: Downloaded the update to build 972.12, still getting magic.

Anta fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 1, 2017

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Triple A posted:

I don't trust any of these fuckers but at least they pay decently.

Given what we went through with Mitsu and the US Navy that might as well be our unofficial motto.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Dr. Snark posted:

Given what we went through with Mitsu and the US Navy that might as well be our unofficial motto.

We're mercenaries, why would we ever assume that anyone is being honest with us?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Yugo, Arsenal, Unicum, Schmohz.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
If you're voting in bold here, don't forget to vote on the form here:

https://goo.gl/forms/mR8F4lJFTsnrMB5o1

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Dimitris posted:

Full DB editing is one of the features of the Professional Edition: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=3822

Feel free to contact us in private for a quote.

I mean, we've already called up Saab. What does it hurt to ask?

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Arms Employers

Less Meteor tax is great. We can use Meteors and SBDs much more aggressively.
The post-1985 upgrade option is great. Anyone want to turn our F-15D Akefs into LGB-dropping, AMRAAM-slinging F-15I Raams?
Small ground forces aren't a major issue. We have decent air defenses. And we've been able to eat ground troops alive, so far.
Ground radar isn't a huge issue for us. We have the Ground Master and Hawk radars for ground coverage. The Dutch and the Marjata provide sea-based coverage. The Argus and the Gripens can provide air coverage.
VERDICT: YES (first choice)

Like I said above, local radars aren't a huge deal for us. Not a big selling point.
There's an easy cure for MANPADS: fly higher. This isn't a credible deterrent to our enemies.
Sat feeds could be useful, but we have other intel sources.
We've had pretty good performance so far, but we'd better hope they don't throw us anything insanely-hard.
VERDICT: PASS

We really don't need more MiG-21s. The other companies' 3DP + upgrade chit lets us get much, much better planes.
Old radars can get jammed or blown up. Plus, we've got better radars of our own.
Do we really need more ground assets? Some more AA might be nice, but beyond that, we should be ok.
"Erratic, Petty, Vindictive." Sound like our last terrible bosses?

More money means we can buy better toys and then actually play with them.
Radar coverage is nice, but not essential.
The pre-1985 upgrade would let us do some things like print Viggens with AMRAAM -Bs or Kfirs with Derbies. It might also let us do an Intruder -> Electric Intruder upgrade route, which would give us some more OECM (which we need).
The scattered bases are going to hamstring our short-legged Bisons a bit.
VERDICT: YES (second choice)

Liquor Employers

Radar? Useful, but not necessary.
Ground forces can take ground we can't hold from the air.
We did great work for Coke at Sofia. They'd better recognize this.
We've been pretty successful. All-or-nothing shouldn't be an issue.

Being able to use more Meteors lets us focus more on other procurement needs like OECM.
Sat feed could be useful, but we wouldn't be able to count on it. And we have other intel sources.
Small footprint might actually be a good thing. Both of MCTB's bases are pretty close to our home base, which would help our Bison.
No radar is something we can work around with our existing radars.
Te did really piss them off last time. I suspect our first meeting is going to be awkward. They lied to us, we pushed their poo poo in. Hopefully they've realized they can't gently caress with us now...
VERDICT: MAYBE

Radar is nice, but once again, not necessary.
Naval support isn't going to help us against inland targets (unless they have sea-launched cruise missiles, or something).
As before, pre-1985 upgrade would let us do some things like print up low-cost Bison alternatives and maybe some old-school OECM.
Everything but the Bisons can use tankers, so the range issue isn't a huge problem. But it will make mission planning trickier.
VERDICT: YES (first choice)

More money is always nice. :10bux:
UNICUM's territory is actually pretty close to each other, although it'd stretch us a little bit too reach it from Gjader. But with a free FOB, we could easily reach them all.
We already have two cutting-edge drones. Do we need a third?
VERDICT: YES (second choice)

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Ok, so Upgrade Options. I strongly encourage people to vote for something that lets us do this.

Post-1985 Upgrades
Right now, we have these: Israeli F-15D Eagle Akef (1985)
There are some limits on our upgrades. We can't just print up 1980s F-16Cs and turn them into 2000s Block 52 F-16s. On missile range, Yooper has said: "60nm is my cutoff." I also figure we might be able to upgrade all eight Akefs for $$$ and tech reasons. But ~6 upgraded airframes should be doable.

With those constraints in mind, here are some choices:

1. The Straight UpgradeIsraeli F-15D Baz-2000 (2009): Israeli F-15D from the 1980s got upgraded into these in the 2000s. It has six AIM-120Cs for CAP. And it has Popeyes, Mavericks, and bunker-busters and regular JDAMs for strike work.
2. The "Strike Eagles"* We have the Israeli F-15I Raam (2007), which carries the same stuff as the BAZ-2000, plus some newer bunker-busters and Israeli LGBs (there's also the 1999 version, which has shorter-ranged AMRAAM -Bs), the USAF F-15E Strike Eagle (2005), which has the same toys and US LGBs, and stuff like the Korean F-15K Slam Eagle, which adds HARMs and Harpoons, but might be a little new.

*Our upgraded birds would be "Strike Eagles." The reason I use quotes is that the F-15D Akef and the F-15E Strike Eagle are very, very similar (two-seater, same engines, same airframe). The only differences are a slightly beefier airframe (something we couldn't retrofit to our Akefs) and better avionics and radar (which we absolutely could retrofit). So our upgraders could conceivably give us a Strike Eagle-lite. It could drop all the bombs and whatnot. It just won't have an airframe that can fly for 30 years.

If you want to leave the Eagles as-is and go for OECM, you could do this. Anything else (i.e. Fencers) is kinda of a waste of the post-1985 option, imo, since the post-1985 versions of those planes aren't dramatically better than the pre-1985 ones.

1. (Better) Intruders and Double Uglies. We print up some US Navy A-6E Intruders with SWIP(1991) with all the HARMs, Harpoons and other fancy gizmos we looked at last time. And then make 2-3 into EA-6A Electric Intruders (1989).

Pre-1985 Upgrades
This one depends on what we want most.
If we want electronic warfare and strike, here are some choices.

1. Fencing Masters. Take some Su-24M Fencer Ds (1983) and convert some into Su-24MP Fencer F EW (1992). Fencers are good planes, so are their EWAR versions. I think it's only fair the Fencer/Flanker lobby gets a win, much as I like Intruders.
2. Intruders and Double Uglies. We print up some US Navy A-6E Intruders (1982). They're the same as the ones we looked at earlier, but with no HARMs (they have Shrikes and Standard ARMs, instead). We keep some as bombers, and we convert 2-3 into EA-6A Electric Intruders (1989). This is reasonably simple and cheap to do (half the real-life EA-6A fleet was converted from bomber Intruders).
3. Aardvarks and Sparkvarks. Print up six USAF F-111F Aardvarks (1983), and covert two to EF-111A Ravens. Again, the entire real-life EF-111 fleet was converted from bomber airframes, so it's doable.
4. Giggin' for a Viggen. Take some of the already-available AJ 37 Viggen and hack them into (low-powered) SK 37E Viggen EW Trainers (2000).

If we want CAP, here are our choices.

1. Phantom Menace. Take older Phantoms and make them into our old Greek F-4E Phantom IIs with four AMRAAM -Bs and 130 min on station, along with 2000lb LGBs and anti-runway cluster bombs. Or, if you want to lose a A2G and a missile to get DECM, you could get Luftwaffe F-4F Phantom II ICEs.
2. Viggenators. We take the AJ 37 Viggen and turn them into JA 37 Viggen (2002). They've four AMRAAM -Bs (Bisons only have to Adders), a longer-ranged radar, 240% more time on CAP station (95 minutes). No aerial refuelling, though.
3. Seeing Mirages. These old Moroccan [url]http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/1210/]Mirage F.1EH[/url] can become Mirage F.1EM IV, complete with two Mica EM missiles (like the ones on the K&P Mirage 2000s) and 75 minutes on CAP station. For A2G, they have 500lb Hammer rocket-boosted bombs with a 64+ km range.
4. Kfir redux. We print up some old Kfirs and then turn them into Kfir C.10s (2010). The old ones are dirt-cheap to print (the oldest ones are from 1976). They're about as good at A2A as the Bisons, but they have air-to-air refuelling, 70 minutes on CAP station, and SPICE glide bombs, so they're overall a better low-end multirole fighter.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 2, 2017