Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Serf posted:

they don't actually fall for it. they just need an excuse. the orders were given long ago, all they have to do is reconcile them with their public actions

it's called a casus belli, a case for (class) war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Joementum posted:

Why would Clinton donor Jared Kushner ask Obama administration official Michael Flynn to covertly contact the Russians? :thunk:

please, just take a moment to think about these things. it's obvious

https://twitter.com/StefanMolyneux/status/936649103295074304

he was taking the fall for obama's mistake

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius posted:

why is he patting her bellly

Making sure their child is still alive

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/936663951064158213

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Mo_Steel posted:

When is tax vote? I need to stop winning so much today

the vote is scheduled for 12:01am tomorrow but we will keep reliving today for eternity groundhog day style and will never see it

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

.. "initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria."

What poo poo.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

(lock me up inside)

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

euphronius posted:

why is he patting her bellly

Showing affection to DJT3

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
I somehow avoided ever seeing Blake Fartandhold's face before today, a streak ended far too soon

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Philthy posted:

.. "initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria."

What poo poo.

Hahahahaha. I’m not gonna give Mueller any credit until it’s over.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i dont like posting like this but I'll do it anywya

https://twitter.com/RedPillRising1/status/936655203100536833

lol @RedPillRising1, didn't see that before, was no-numeral-RedPillRising taken?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
"Lindsey Graham is a sad little weasel

Of all the performatively human politicians to be exposed by the Trump Age as little more than Faustian opportunists willing to abandon all pretense of convictiolln for the chance to feel the tiniest surge of borrowed power, however dark the source, few are as transparently pathetic as Lindsey Graham. The Republican Senator from the great state of Joining Us Now Via Satellite has a demo reel of racking himself in the balls that Johnny Knoxville would envy, often presenting himself as the soberly genteel, charmingly homespun voice of reason in a party ruled by unctuous reptilians and hollering bullies (even flatly calling them out as such, on tape) before turning right around and (again, on tape) enthusiastically endorsing them, as a means of pursuing his own desperately aggrieved, warmongering agenda. It’s a political strategy that guarantees him all the cable news spotlights this blushing Southern belle could ever want, and it’s one ideally suited for a country that can barely remember what happened four days ago, let alone before the November fog descended. And of course, it’s also profoundly sad, but only if you believe anything still matters.

Still, even if you’ve been long since hollowed, there are probably a few empty gallows chuckles to be found in this latest clip of Graham appearing on CNN in between CNN appearances, an incredible pirouette in which Graham dodges a question about Trump’s privately spreading conspiracy theories about doctored Access Hollywood tapes and Obama’s birth certificate by saying this: “You know what concerns me about the American press is this endless, endless attempt to label the guy as some kind of kook not fit to be president.” As CNN’s Jake Tapper pointed out last night, those words originated not with the press, but with some clearly biased, untrustworthy partisan hack named 2016 Lindsey Graham. “I think he’s a kook. I think he’s crazy. I think he’s unfit for office,” Graham said of Trump in February that year. Just another fake news personality passing off their opinionated hatred as “political commentary”!

And hell, it hasn’t gotten any less confusing after the election: Graham—who also once called Trump a “jackass,” prompting Trump to give out Graham’s private cellphone number to his troll army—has since become a bootlick so embarrassingly fawning that last month he voluntarily tweeted out how amazing Trump was at golf, even masochistically debasing his own political career the way he knows his master likes.

Hey, whatever it takes to earn a base-level tolerance from a man who once publicly branded you a “lightweight” and “idiot.” Whatever’s necessary to preserve the dignity of a party that’s so bravely, demonstrably willing to smash themselves repeatedly in the face and smile through broken teeth if it means owning the libs. However they can push through a bloated monster of a tax bill—one whose repercussions they will spend the paltry remainder of their days trying desperately to pin on someone, anyone else. “Failure’s not an option,” Graham said this week, even if it means adding a clause that requires him to spend every noon donning a boater and singing “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” while Trump hoovers burgers.

And as Graham continues to play both sides—condemning Trump as “a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot”for his anti-Muslim stance in 2015; then gleefully celebrating last month that, with Trump, “the gloves are off”and that he likes that Trump “understands that we’re in a religious war”; and then just yesterday, in the exact same interview where he decried the media’s hypocrisy, coming back around to condemning Trump for propagating “racism and religious bigotry” in his recent tweets—the only thing we can be sure of in this topsy-turvy world is that Lindsey Graham will find a camera to start weaseling his little weasel way toward whatever side ensures his own survival in the moment. At least he has the courtesy to document his cravenness for our petty enjoyment, I guess."

- AV Club

:munch:
fake news!!
:clint:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/936668007094476800

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Hillary is in hiding, knowing Trump wants to arrest her now more than he ever has

Trump is right now alternating between vows of firing the entire Justice Department to its roots, and demanding that Hillary be indicted, tried and hung by New Year’s. And he’s mashing that Coke button like a chain smoker at a strip club.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Always weird to discover I'm blocked by an account I've never had any interaction with before.

blockbots. . alot of progressive game devs for better or worse use widenet blocking bots. you probaly said poo poo that triggered it.

gooooood.

dont compare slimer to that sack of poo poo. slimer is just a glutton, not a sex pest.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Quotey posted:

NOT AN ARGUMENT

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

hm I’m still a little unclear here maybe he didn’t?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fits my needs posted:

why is there sports poo poo in the trump thread

because politics is sports

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mo_Steel posted:

When is tax vote? I need to stop winning so much today

4:20

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

you mean...the chaos kushners?! A HA HA HA! :chaostrump:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Yinlock posted:

but there are winners in sports :thunk:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Bill Will Pass

yeah but then in conference, who knows

nobody in the house freedom caucus wants any of this and they'll vote no
anything the hfc wants kills slightly too many for the senators to pass it

so....

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

you mean...the chaos kushners?! A HA HA HA! :chaostrump:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

WarMECH posted:

the vote is scheduled for 12:01am tomorrow but we will keep reliving today for eternity groundhog day style and will never see it

"McConnell! I've come to bargain!"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Rex!

Secretary Tillerson and Libyan Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj Prepare to Address Reporters by U.S. Department of State, on Flickr
Secretary Tillerson Addresses Reporters in Washington by U.S. Department of State, on Flickr

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

the boomers win constantly man, like the patriots

also they cheat, like the patriots

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Quotey posted:

this snippet he's snipped here reads like it's item 1 in a list of "this was FLYNN'S old story, this is a list of things he's admitting to lying to the FBI about"

conveniently cropped of context

...an argument??!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

I wish you cared about native Canadians as much as you do about US sports and politics :canada:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

L M A O

https://twitter.com/justin_fenton/status/936301495737356289

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
push butan tromp binch

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Uhh same in politics, it's just always the Donor Class

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Lol

What

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ruzihm posted:

it's called a casus belli, a case for (class) war

Classus Belli.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Quotey posted:

"NOT AN ARGUMENT!!!!!"

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

kush on the mind

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

is anybody gon ask warner about the tax bill :thunk:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Admiral Ray posted:

yeah that means they'll go for felony possession of a firearm, which carries 10 years.

That was inevitable if they lost.

• Locked thread