Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wasn't the defense's fault. There's only so much you can do when the offense turns it over three times.

OTOH, 13 men on the field

Like, not even running to the sideline, they were all legit in formation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Cover 6

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AnacondaHL posted:

Greg Manusky is just showing some next level thinking.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Question: On most fantasy sites you can flag a player, I guess to remind yourself to keep an eye on them. Like on Yahoo there's a star next to their name you can click and highlight, on NFL.com it's a flag. Anyway... is there a way to show all the players you've flagged? I can't seem to find out how on NFL.com. Not sure what the point of flagging a player is if you can't bring up all the ones you've flagged to look over.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

Question: On most fantasy sites you can flag a player, I guess to remind yourself to keep an eye on them. Like on Yahoo there's a star next to their name you can click and highlight, on NFL.com it's a flag. Anyway... is there a way to show all the players you've flagged? I can't seem to find out how on NFL.com. Not sure what the point of flagging a player is if you can't bring up all the ones you've flagged to look over.

Click on 'Watch List' in the 'My Team' tab.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Duh, thank you. I assumed you accessed it from the "players" tab.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who's a better end of the bench hold in a 1ppr dynasty league? Rod Smith, Kevin White, or Malcolm Mitchell?

Edit: Double post :saddowns:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RCarr posted:

Who's a better end of the bench hold in a 1ppr dynasty league? Rod Smith, Kevin White, or Malcolm Mitchell?

Edit: Double post :saddowns:

I would say Mitchell

Rod Smith is going to need to change teams to be relevant.

And lol Kevin White

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
11.6 points out of an emergency start WR is more than I can ask for but holy cow Redskins how about you at least put up some garbage time instead of running the clock out with 3 minutes left?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
At least Kirk gets another garbo time series right?

Ughh...Bort would never stand for this.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Anyone else stashing Jimmy G to keep him away from your opponents in the playoffs ahead? :smug:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Tiptoes posted:

Anyone else stashing Jimmy G to keep him away from your opponents in the playoffs ahead? :smug:

No, but I did grab Aaron Rodgers.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

11.6 points out of an emergency start WR is more than I can ask for but holy cow Redskins how about you at least put up some garbage time instead of running the clock out with 3 minutes left?

Yeah, what... the... gently caress... was... that? Down 17 with 4 minutes to play, they just gave up. Bizarre, they could have pulled it out, weirder things have happened. Not to mention it screwed fantasy owners.

pubic works project posted:

I did too. Now all I have to do is win this week to get a bye week 14. There is literally no one good available with a sound week 14 matchup.

E: Looks like Rodgers will practice tomorrow! Wonder if there's a chance he'll play wk 14

EE: Nope, Rodgers isn't eligible for two more games

Goonlinks:
Spoeank skewers TNF in Thursday Night Farceball
Start-or-Sit: Jordan Howard Jay Ajayi Josh Gordon
Running Back Sleepers

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 1, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Haha I did the same thing last week

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
The last place team in my work league dropped Jordy Nelson. I'm on the playoff bubble; would it be worth grabbing him in case Rodgers comes back before the end of the season?

Also, if you want a clear cut example of collusion, that same last place team tried to trade Gronk to another playoff bubble team for ASJ. At least our league commish overturned that in about 3 seconds.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MacheteZombie posted:

Haha I did the same thing last week

Just did that now. He was an FA in all three leagues...

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

The last place team in my work league dropped Jordy Nelson. I'm on the playoff bubble; would it be worth grabbing him in case Rodgers comes back before the end of the season?

Also, if you want a clear cut example of collusion, that same last place team tried to trade Gronk to another playoff bubble team for ASJ. At least our league commish overturned that in about 3 seconds.

gently caress yes stash Nelson.

I get why people need to cheat in fantasy football, but man that is such an alien world to me. Life is so unfair for everyone, when I play a game I just want it to be as fair as possible for all players. I'll even call my opponent if they leave a bye player in, because the notion that I can be in a fair competition is an even better reward than winning.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Just did that now. He was an FA in all three leagues...

I have him and Jordy stashed. Just need to win next week. Or get Rodgers back early.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Rodgers isn't eligible to return until Week 15. Even if he's 100% healthy, he can't play next week.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MacheteZombie posted:

I have him and Jordy stashed. Just need to win next week. Or get Rodgers back early.

I had a feeling it will be a wash since I have Tom Brady on two teams and Big Ben on the third, and didn't think anybody else I would be facing in the playoffs would be looking for a QB but there are a couple of Brees and Matty Ice havers in there so who knows...

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'm in a total points league (sorta roto baseball style) that has heavy weighting for defenses. I've been set-it-and-forget-it with Seattle all year, but they have a rough matchup with Philly this week. I have the option of picking up Chicago vs. San Fran or Tennessee vs. Houston. I'd probably drop busted-rear end Ty Mongomery to do it. I'm thinking I should make one of these moves. Which one seems preferable?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chicago

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Rodgers isn't eligible to return until Week 15. Even if he's 100% healthy, he can't play next week.

Oh poo poo forgot it was ir eligibility thing. My bad.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

DeepDickPizza posted:

I'm in a total points league (sorta roto baseball style) that has heavy weighting for defenses. I've been set-it-and-forget-it with Seattle all year, but they have a rough matchup with Philly this week. I have the option of picking up Chicago vs. San Fran or Tennessee vs. Houston. I'd probably drop busted-rear end Ty Mongomery to do it. I'm thinking I should make one of these moves. Which one seems preferable?

Chi

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

but guys, what about handsome man jimmy garoppolo???

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Leperflesh posted:

He sure is handsome.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Unfortunately he's on one of the worst teams in the league.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Unfortunately he's on one of the worst teams in the league.

Pfttt get ready for the Jimmy G and Trenty T era of domination.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Would.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

dkj posted:

Would.

Hell, same

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

He can grope-all-o’er me

If you know what I mean

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I'm a believer in Jimmy G being an actual franchise QB and the next three weeks (@CHI, @HOU, TEN) are all probably plus matchups for him to show what he's capable of. The Bears might look tough on paper but I think Shanahan can outcoach them in this one. They've been playing more banged up lately and having given up multiple passing scores the last couple weeks. Plus they have basically no tape of Garoppolo to study so I think the offense can catch them off guard to start off and force them to adjust. And If he plays well on the road, the Houston and Tennessee games then become a lot more enticing. The Jags in week 16 are a must-avoid but poo poo, that's a month away to care about.

I've got a couple playoff teams where I've been hoping Mariota/Smith will turn things around but they haven't so now it's think outside the box time.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Montgomery just got put on IR.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Montgomery just got put on IR.

Aaron Jones worth picking up? or has he been relegated to back up due to getting hurt

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I know people are down on Seth Roberts, but I really won’t be surprised to see him get red zone targets over Patterson.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

VietCampo posted:

Aaron Jones worth picking up? or has he been relegated to back up due to getting hurt

I grabbed him because I need to hedge my Jamaal Williams share.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I think he's worth a pickup if you need an RB. He won the job over Williams earlier in the season. He did get popped for weed so maybe he'll get pushed down the depth chart, and his schedule isn't great, but personally I was looking at starting Martin/Jacquiz Rodgers in the playoffs so he seems like he's worth a shot.

I do think he's talented, and if Aaron Rodgers comes back and he reclaims the bellcow role he'd be in the RB2 range for sure.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea my RB's are pretty iffy currently behind Fournette, i have Woodhead and AP as my RB2 choices, so i could defo use the RB help with AP not practicing with a neck injury.

I could drop Corey Coleman, Corey Davis, or Greg Olsen for him? .5 ppr

Have Patterson flexed right now for this week also, so could drop him also.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

If both are active, neither is playable unless you're exceedingly desperate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Just did this myself, because a) I've clinched a playoff spot already, and b) I've been running Matt Ryan all season and would actually like to win my league.

• Locked thread