Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
2010 was pretty decent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

2house2fly posted:

2010 was pretty decent

Agreed.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
I have never understood the argument about games being art. Games are definitely not art, but are more of a digital museum that contain art. You don't consider the act of walking around a museum as art, but you do have art all around you when you do go to one. It's that simple.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Happyimp posted:

I have never understood the argument about games being art. Games are definitely not art, but are more of a digital museum that contain art. You don't consider the act of walking around a museum as art, but you do have art all around you when you do go to one. It's that simple.

Really makes u think (that you are a dumbass)

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

"art" doesnt mean "fine art"

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

a bone to pick posted:

It was a really good game, I still have the map for it:

no 3ds re-release?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
majoras mask is art

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Magius1337est posted:

no 3ds re-release?

There's an iPhone version but :fart:

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Doflamingo posted:

Really makes u think (that you are a dumbass)

But a good museum is art in itself, it's called architecture. We don't make shrines to our art without that shrine being artfully constructed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Happyimp posted:

Can everyone on both sides agree that this is the worst take?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

fruit on the bottom posted:

I'll second the motion.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Ocean Book posted:

majoras mask is art

well if video games are art and majora's mask is the best video game ever made then it must be

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Dennis System posted:

I don’t really feel emotions while playing games, except for frustration occasionally.

drat your posts are all so dumb. yeah you feel things like "fun" and "interest" and the emotion of "curiosity"

Happyimp posted:

maybe there is something artistic and creative about imagining a 3d space from nothing that guides the player through a narrative or mechanical experience wwhile trying to make them feel a specific emotional outcome. museums are also art because they are usually good architecture and design

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 2, 2017

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

mind the walrus posted:

NiGHTs is hot garbage and I have no idea how it became beloved.

It was fun, and looked great for its time.

If you were playing the rerelease and never played it in the 90s, of course you hate it. It was a lazy port, when they should have redone all the visuals, and people expect more variety from a game now.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Caesar Saladin posted:

drat your posts are all so dumb. yeah you feel things like "fun" and "interest" and the emotion of "curiosity"

lmao, I haven't felt any of those thing while playing a video game in probably 20 years you dumb retard. When I play a video game I'm just going through the motions robotically and on auto pilot.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

lmao, I haven't felt any of those thing while playing a video game in probably 20 years you dumb retard. When I play a video game I'm just going through the motions robotically and on auto pilot.

the edgiest coolest goon with all the video game opinions, yet doesn't enjoy them at all lmao

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Just don't play video games if you don't like them. There are plenty of games I don't like, so I don't play them.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

That doesn't sound very fun, maybe video games aren't for you?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Caesar Saladin posted:

the edgiest coolest goon with all the video game opinions, yet doesn't enjoy them at all lmao

man nurse posted:

That doesn't sound very fun, maybe video games aren't for you?

You guys are young and the world hasn't beaten you down yet. When you get to be an old man like me, life in general, and video game in particular, won't hold the same allure that they do now.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Ah, but video games can be a form of escapism, much like art.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

You guys are young and the world hasn't beaten you down yet. When you get to be an old man like me, life in general, and video game in particular, won't hold the same allure that they do now.

i just, wait for it, won't play video games. they take many hours and cost like 50 dollars, and you have to go out of your way to play them. When i'm your age i will have more money and be able to do more interesting things if video games are not interesting any more adoy

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

it's that simple

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
not liking things actually is less good than liking them, imo

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

hey you fucker listen, i don't like anything at all, but goddammit, i've just gotta post literally four pages in the opinions thread because i have just got so many, and also i'm old

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Caesar Saladin posted:

hey you fucker listen, i don't like anything at all, but goddammit, i've just gotta post literally four pages in the opinions thread because i have just got so many, and also i'm old

Dude, I don't know why you're so angry at me. Most of my posts in this thread are just agreeing with people. And my opinions aren't even edgy, I like mainstream games like rear end Creed, the Souls games, most GTA games, the Mario games, the Metroid games, etc. When it comes to video games I'm pretty basic. Where is this anger coming from, man?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dude, I don't know why you're so angry at me. Most of my posts in this thread are just agreeing with people. And my opinions aren't even edgy, I like mainstream games like rear end Creed, the Souls games, most GTA games, the Mario games, the Metroid games, etc. When it comes to video games I'm pretty basic. Where is this anger coming from, man?

you replied to my post with some dumb cynical goon garbage, which is the most boring schtick, i just think you suck and are an idiot who contributes crap

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I have been beaten down by life, and I also have the spectacle of watching my children be beaten down by life to look forward to. I still enjoy video games plenty, for example I have been playing downwell over the past week and it's fantastic, it's like popping bubble wrap.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Caesar Saladin posted:

you replied to my post with some dumb cynical goon garbage, which is the most boring schtick, i just think you suck and are an idiot who contributes crap
I'm with this guy. Playing the age card while referring to 'rear end Creed' is a particular flavor of stupid.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

I'm with this guy. Playing the age card while referring to 'rear end Creed' is a particular flavor of stupid.

You want people to type out "Assassin's Creed" every time?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Guys don’t be immature. Call it Butt Oath.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dark Souls 3 is the best Souls game with the name Souls in it, and almost everything a sequel should be. people that thought it was disappointing are dumb.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Dark Souls 3 is the best Souls game with the name Souls in it, and almost everything a sequel should be. people that thought it was disappointing are dumb.
Objectively this is probably true, but nothing will ever beat the feelings I had playing Demon's Souls for the first time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Guys don’t be immature. Call it Butt Oath.
Posterior's Pledge

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

Objectively this is probably true, but nothing will ever beat the feelings I had playing Demon's Souls for the first time.

Yeah for sure. If I'm gonna rate Souls games based on my personal experience at the time, Demons Souls beats all. But if for some reason I could only keep one of them it would be DS3 by a mile.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dark souls is the best one because it pulls off an awesome interconnected 3d world, and also the story is the best and it has my favourite boss

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Caesar Saladin posted:

Dark souls is the best one because it pulls off an awesome interconnected 3d world, and also the story is the best and it has my favourite boss

Shut the gently caress up, you fat, ugly, stupid, pig loving retard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Days of Ruin was the best Advance Wars game because they actually looked back and made a balanced set of units again. Too bad it got locked in the 'gritty reboot' box in peoples' minds.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed was a flawed goddamn game-- after a point you need to learn how to essentially break the physics to allow yourself to get x4+ boosts without crashing to play in multiplayer or do the harder time trials--but I had more fun with it than any Mario Kart. Mario Kart kind-of sucks tbqh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Shut the gently caress up, you fat, ugly, stupid, pig loving retard.

Hey, now. There's no need for rudeness.