Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Also why does anyone care about calling things, I called the engine change, because well, I did, does anyone give a gently caress? No. Nobody gives a poo poo about people on the internet being right, someone being wrong is far more engaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Wow. She actually refunded AND showed a fighting knowledge of her consumer rights. I'm genuinely impressed.

Of course that doesn't make her earlier behaviour any less reprehensible. It is the judgement of this space court that instead of being bought a one-way ticket to the Fourth Stimpire she instead merely be forced to clean the toilets at CIG Austin after Taco Thursday.

As this court wishes to show mercy we will ensure Ben is not in them at the time.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

April 2015

March 2016

November 2017

drat, dude

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Golli posted:

Which planet has an ocean?

I'm thinking of buying up the Space Caymans and setting it up as a tax haven.

The Nemo system has an entire planet of ocean. Though I'm still unclear if gas or water planets count as land. I just read the claim stick Q&A, and it was mostly questions about "why isn't this P2W?"

quote:

Why is the UEE selling claim licenses?
The UEE sells claim licenses for the same reasons as any government – to raise revenue to fund public benefit programs, to liberalize its economy, to spur growth and tax revenue, and to fund the military campaign against the Vanduul.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16292-Q-A-Land-Claim-License/

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Taintrunner posted:

Pfft, this was what I made last month

Let me tell you about my current backlog. :v

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Loxbourne posted:

...GamesCon 2017 was such a perfect disaster because it had everything; obvious attempts to appeal to backers that backfired, the long-awaited Idris, Miles and mission systems and grabby-hands and they all blew up. They all blew up in front of a sweating, increasingly nervous Chris who clearly hadn't done the slightest testing or taken the slightest precaution. The illusion imploded. Ecce homo.

But just because you've had a shock, and you've had a crisis of faith, doesn't mean you're necessarily going to refund. Refunding is scary.

A citizen at this point is staring into a big, dark abyss. He is very vulnerable and likely quite anxious. If he refunds he gives up the dream; accepts that he isn't Captain Spaaaaace Hero but rather a 43-year-old payroll clerk from Idaho who may have spent a lot of money on something rather dumb. He loses friends he may have known for years by now (possibly his only friends), he loses his position of respect in the community, he may lose a significant amount of money in grey market trading or subscriptions. Yes, it had already left his bank account, but he could go and look at the JPGs and tell himself he owned them. Might just get to fly them someday. That'll never happen if he refunds...

All of this is wonderful but as a former cultist this hits super close to home to all the other cultists I've talked to. I've also heard "I stick to my financial commitments!" from many of the self ascribed libertarians in the SC Cult. It's all so magical.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

AP posted:

Also why does anyone care about calling things, I called the engine change, because well, I did, does anyone give a gently caress? No. Nobody gives a poo poo about people on the internet being right, someone being wrong is far more engaging.

I think people are more interested in mocking Derek than actually calling anything, but I could be wrong. Posting is Serious Business.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Mirificus posted:

...snip...
November 2017

This is some quality stuff you've found Mirificus. I think your ratio is something like 1/10. Not the greatest but I can't be asked read up on the comings and goings of Cultists.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 2, 2017

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I just quad post to let you know

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I know it was a few pages back but thank you for posting this. Legit one of the cutest animals I've ever seen. Pretty markings too.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Mirificus posted:

April 2015

March 2016

November 2017

:smith:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Just when I think that CIG might not make it they whip out the 'ol let them vote on what they buy next.

Never doubt the classics.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
And the pocket carrier too.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sounds like someone needs a soak in the space hot tub. Also it's self cleaning*

* hot tub is hand scrubbed by a space female at your discretion. As your personal space servant no questions will be asked about blood and or semen.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

It's OK Citizens. People get scammed in videogames ALL the time*. The sooner you accept what's happened, the quicker you can move on.

* Just usually not for thousands of real world dollars

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

Just when I think that CIG might not make it they whip out the 'ol let them vote on what they buy next.

Never doubt the classics.

There should be a write-in campaign for one of the Drake ships they have already sold but have yet to implement in game.

But nope, the problem CIG has is not enough ships in the pipeline.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

Sounds like someone needs a soak in the space hot tub. Also it's self cleaning*

* hot tub is hand scrubbed by a space female at your discretion. As your personal space servant no questions will be asked about blood and or semen.

high-heels not included

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I know it was a few pages back but thank you for posting this. Legit one of the cutest animals I've ever seen. Pretty markings too.

Unless I'm mistaken, It's a central European boar piglet. Though several species of Suidae have similar markings.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

I think people are more interested in mocking Derek than actually calling anything, but I could be wrong. Posting is Serious Business.

VictorianQueerLit seems to be seeking credit for calling Star Citizen hosed before anyone else, especially Derek. It's important that we take a moment to acknowledge his genius, which I've obviously failed to do from the attention I'm getting.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Nice meltdown.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
If we can't trust the funding tracker for any hourly payments or accurate financials (game has never not had income at any given hour) then why believe they actually hit $170 million dollars?

:thunk:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

If we can't trust the funding tracker for any hourly payments or accurate financials (game has never not had income at any given hour) then why believe they actually hit $170 million dollars?

You're right - if they are getting this much grief for how much quality content they have provided for $170M, imagine the grief they would get if the backerstaxman found out the numbers were actually much higher!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Golli posted:

You're right - if they are getting this much grief for how much quality content they have provided for $170M, imagine the grief they would get if the backers found out the numbers were actually much higher!

Or lower!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Just find the first person to call everyone excited about the Star Citizen kickstarted a bunch of idiots and give them a crown.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, Anniversary / Black Friday Fire Sale has raked in ~$5.3M, and its still going!

Current participants in the running 19/81.

Buy a Cutlass!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dusty Lens posted:

Just find the first person to call everyone excited about the Star Citizen kickstarted a bunch of idiots and give them a crown.

*Sits on his golden throne*

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Can confirm that the Cutlass is and always has been very good.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Leave the seat up when you're done.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/936759272947384320

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Remember to wipe after dropping 3.0

Does that statue have a noose around its neck.

Why are the comments about Star Wars.

Is it happening already.

Is my brain telling me to hang myself.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 2, 2017

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Raskolnikov posted:

All of this is wonderful but as a former cultist this hits super close to home to all the other cultists I've talked to.

The 'Ostracize them when they leave' tactic is classic cult behaviour (see Scientology) and is very effective at keeping doubters in a cult. I think that it's not the fear of damnation but the fear of losing access to a very tight-knit community that dissuades people from leaving cults.

AP posted:

If I don't have my e-kudos I have nothing :argh:.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Can't wait to clip through all of those things!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Well, if they don't have $170 million, how do they pay 400 people?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

MilesK posted:

400 - 3dozen

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MilesK posted:

How do you know they have 400 people?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Golli posted:

Leave the seat up when you're done.

*paaaaaarp*

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Hi. I just skipped several hundred posts, and I'd like to know why everyone wants to see SCtrumpHaters' balls, now.

Loxbourne posted:

So who refunds? Who walks away from Omelas?

For a moment, I thought the Citizens were the kid in the basement, and I felt bad. Then, I realized the Shitizens are everyone else in the story, and gently caress those guys.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MilesK posted:

How many are contractors?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Hi. I just skipped several hundred posts, and I'd like to know everyone wants to see SCtrumpHaters' balls, now.

For a moment, I thought the Citizens were the kid in the basement, and I felt bad. Then, I realized the Shitizens are everyone else in the story, and gently caress those guys.

SCTrumpHaters is a terrible poster who keeps re-regging and once posted his hairy nutsack, earning a ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

AP posted:

Counterpoint: making predictions about anything is an important aspect of this because it demonstrates who has an accurate picture of what's going on.

Citizens: "Star Citizen is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER and everything's great I hear we'll be getting 90% of the game in the next 6 months."

Derek: "Star Citizen is literally a mob scam and Ben will come to your house and gently caress your dog before Chris runs away to the Bahamas."

Thread: "You are going to get 2 more sales, a land rush, and at some point they will dump some broken poo poo and then begin shuffling the release date by another year."

Right now, theAgent has been calling with pretty good consistency. Derek is occasionally right but that's because he is blasting that CIG is a dumpster fire pretty much constantly, and since the general trend is bad he scores a few hits that way. Citizens are consistently and hilariously wrong.