Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

One last roll, and Jack actually shows up! Definitely time to stop rolling... a bit sad that none of the 4* rate-ups showed up, but this is plenty.

Now to get her levelled... oh, of course I would have forgotten to get some assassin pieces. Guess that should wait until after I can get the shop CEs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

a kitten posted:

I don't see what the big deal about Jack is anyw-- murders Mary on the first turn, recharges a huge chunk of NP, 5000 stars go flying everywhere

oh

Yep. Using my Jack and a support one, I went into the Stheno/Euryale round with almost 50 crit stars, proceeded to pop her Noble Phantasm on Stheno to immediately delete her, then chunked Euryale with 100% crit Quicks + Extra... and she was back to full NP again.

It's kind of hilarious how ridiculously better she is than the other Assassins in the game so far.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Which repeatable is best for grinding for stockings? I managed to do all of them once thanks to W.T. Fits' Jack and my Jack just slicing them up, but 40 AP was really close

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Two more 10 rolls.

Too many loving March of the saints, and a bunch of other taunting poo poo. All topped off with a loving black keys.

No jack either. Thanks Fate.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Whatever the highest AP is with the largest stocking boosts (both party and CE) you can manage. Playing around with the values in this spreadsheet (after you download it/copy it) might help indicate what the expected sock/AP rates are for any given setup you want to try.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Did a free 10-roll, and was getting pretty much crap. Then the very last card gave me a Present For My Master. Certainly could've been worse.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sophism posted:

Yep. Using my Jack and a support one, I went into the Stheno/Euryale round with almost 50 crit stars, proceeded to pop her Noble Phantasm on Stheno to immediately delete her, then chunked Euryale with 100% crit Quicks + Extra... and she was back to full NP again.

It's kind of hilarious how ridiculously better she is than the other Assassins in the game so far.

Lol "so far"

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

I figure I'll just focus on the 10 and 20 for now, clear out the lesser currency shops while Santa isn't an option. Is this a terrible idea?

at a minimum, get as many of the shop CEs as you can before doing the event story quests. They drop stacks of stockings much larger than the free quests, so you want to get the double drops from them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Dryzen posted:

Lol "so far"

Old Man is the closest thing she has to competition and he has a completely different role and desired party comp.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Gloomy Rube posted:

Which repeatable is best for grinding for stockings? I managed to do all of them once thanks to W.T. Fits' Jack and my Jack just slicing them up, but 40 AP was really close

Whatever the highest you can do is, so the 40. It's rougher than the rest, but I found it doable with just silvers supporting a friend Jack.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

LibrarianCroaker posted:

at a minimum, get as many of the shop CEs as you can before doing the event story quests. They drop stacks of stockings much larger than the free quests, so you want to get the double drops from them.
Do the story quests stay until the end of the event, or just 24 hours?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Special thanks to Ephekt for making me roll on the Jack banner:

The first was a silver turned into gold, and then the second one was a rainbow summon. I almost shat myself when I saw the second was a gold assassin card.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So is this like the last event where we want to focus on 10 AP first, buy out the CEs/ascension item, then move on to 20?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So is this like the last event where we want to focus on 10 AP first, buy out the CEs/ascension item, then move on to 20?

Buying the CE at each level first and coming back for the materials is slightly better, but it's not a huge difference

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Jack is, bluntly speaking, extremely good.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Is the time to use apples just at the end when Santa Alter becomes available, wait until after getting the shop CEs, or just use 'em at will throughout?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Old Man is the closest thing she has to competition and he has a completely different role and desired party comp.

Yeah I seriously wish they would stop the assassin tax thing because I always like assassins but they're never as good as Jack or grandpa

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Mason Dixon posted:

Is the time to use apples just at the end when Santa Alter becomes available, wait until after getting the shop CEs, or just use 'em at will throughout?

Ideally, it's to wait until the end when Santa Alter is available and you have the shop CE's.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

60 more quartz later, Jack is now NP2, I have a total of 3 each of the 4 and 5* gacha CEs, and I can now Vive me some France. These are by far the best rolls any banner in this game has ever given me.

Good work Jack.

Also I cleared out a couple slots on my friends list who hadn't been on for a bit, 689,911,373 if anyone needs to borrow a Jack and/or whatever gold CE.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hi I decided my gimmick is going to be having a 90 level Robin Hood. I got dibs, please don't steal my idea.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Hi I decided my gimmick is going to be having a 90 level Robin Hood. I got dibs, please don't steal my idea.

my gimmick is gonna be having a level 100 romulus

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i'm sad that there's such a limited number of grails b/c i'd totally take hector to 90 because i love my kinda lazy trojan dad

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Anyway i skimmed the last few pages because i hadnt checked the thread for a few days and

MonsieurChoc posted:

I believe in my connection with Angra. He'll come to me, even if I don't save for him.

Soon, he'll be my first Bond lvl.10 Servant on JP. He's NP4.

level those drat skills

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Probably not optimal for stocking gains but man Herc and Double Scathach just kind of roll over the 40AP.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
i started in mid october and i have pulled enough hectors to np5 him twice.

anyone mind serving him a restraining order for me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Probably not optimal for stocking gains but man Herc and Double Scathach just kind of roll over the 40AP.

waver/jack/david also does. Probably don't need waver, but meh.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alard posted:

Ideally, it's to wait until the end when Santa Alter is available and you have the shop CE's.

but i wanna grind now :(

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Freak Futanari posted:

Anyway i skimmed the last few pages because i hadnt checked the thread for a few days and

level those drat skills

Working on it, he’s currently 6/10/6.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just watched a man spend 1000 dollars for Jack

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Tae posted:

I just watched a man spend 1000 dollars for Jack

$771.33, but yeah. The face of gambling addiction.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Freak Futanari posted:

Jack is, bluntly speaking, extremely good.

Pretty much every other assassin I use a quick chain and wind up with like 20-30 stars, with jack I get one quick crit and end up with like 60. I swear there’s a digit off in her stargen or something.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Bakanogami posted:

Pretty much every other assassin I use a quick chain and wind up with like 20-30 stars, with jack I get one quick crit and end up with like 60. I swear there’s a digit off in her stargen or something.

It's not because of her star-generation stat, which is about the same as the other Assassins (25.5% vs. CAH's 25.2% for example), but because her Quick cards have 5 hits instead of the typical 2 or 3 the other starting Assassins have. Also because of her Quick buff when it's up, obviously.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Little Abigail posted:

$771.33, but yeah. The face of gambling addiction.

it's whales like you that help keep the game f2p for everyone else

thank you for your service

there's a dude on my friends list named holdpast who has multiple 5 stars at np3+, including an np5 waver :popeye:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

it's whales like you that help keep the game f2p for everyone else

thank you for your service

there's a dude on my friends list named holdpast who has multiple 5 stars at np3+, including an np5 waver :popeye:

The poor soul was this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JohrzCGaih0

All for ONE Jack

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So is there any way to control which artwork a support servant uses, or is it based on whatever the friend has them set to? Because if it's the latter I've got some very irresponsible parents on my friends list. Jack is going to catch her death of cold.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

ZiegeDame posted:

So is there any way to control which artwork a support servant uses, or is it based on whatever the friend has them set to? Because if it's the latter I've got some very irresponsible parents on my friends list. Jack is going to catch her death of cold.

You can’t control it, but by default the game doesn’t allow the friend to either. The setting in options allows you to see what appearance and card the user chose, otherwise it’ll just use whatever the last ascension they have is.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

Do the story quests stay until the end of the event, or just 24 hours?

They should last until the end of the event (you have to clear the prologue and first night before you can actually grind the free quests though).

ZiegeDame posted:

Your friends can set both artwork and sprite.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

BlondRobin posted:

You can’t control it, but by default the game doesn’t allow the friend to either. The setting in options allows you to see what appearance and card the user chose, otherwise it’ll just use whatever the last ascension they have is.

Right, that's what that button does. Just gonna turn that on. And now I can easily spot the pedos on my friend's list and never give them FP.

Just cleared the 40 AP, and it went pretty smooth with a full silver bonus team + Support Jack. Decided to hide Jack in the 4th slot so my level 30 Darius can plow through all those caster hands before he implodes the moment someone looks at him. In the end only Darius and Caesar died. So I just need to clear out the first raffle and get 2 fangs from the second so I can final ascend Robin and I should be good for the 50.

Robin has an inverted S growth, doesn't he? I feel like these last ten levels should be worth a ton of atk.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Why does Robin's Sabotage keep missing? I thought for sure the Poison and Att. Down was guaranteed, the wiki doesn't say anything about success rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Gologle posted:

Why does Robin's Sabotage keep missing? I thought for sure the Poison and Att. Down was guaranteed, the wiki doesn't say anything about success rate.

Some enemies have debuff resistance. Atalanta, for example, has 12.5% debuff resistance, which is annoying because I keep trying to nuke her with Robin Hood.

ZiegeDame posted:

Robin has an inverted S growth, doesn't he? I feel like these last ten levels should be worth a ton of atk.

He's Linear, actually.