Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

a while ago i was planning on making a knock-off lego set of loss.jpg with a photoshopped box and poo poo but it turns out im not really a good lego designer person so lol
aren't there websites where you can design a lego creation and then it will tell you what blocks you need and how to buy them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

anthonypants posted:

aren't there websites where you can design a lego creation and then it will tell you what blocks you need and how to buy them?

theres the lego designer program, you can export a BOM and i guess order the parts or whatever

honestly this is as far as i got

i couldn't figure out how to make the lady lay down in the app, i think everything has to connect to pegs

that there would need more work (all that grey is boring, etc) as well as a bit of custom work

anyway :effort:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Would you believe I haven't figured out what to give you nerds yet

I do have cards at least

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i went shopping today to prepare the first half of the gift, and sent some e-mails for the second since its a secret

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

gently caress. Sorry, I got caught up in bullshit and forgot to email. First year I've missed yosmas in a long time :(

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

RIP

You could send ME a gift tho :v:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

gently caress. Sorry, I got caught up in bullshit and forgot to email. First year I've missed yosmas in a long time :(

send me that gin again

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

send me that gin again

he legally can't do that since you're in uk

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's only illegal if you get caught.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

yeah if anyone needs pointers for sending booze PM me and I can tell you how I wrap bottles so they get through the mail (theoretically since that is illegal :ninja: )

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hello Samuel L. ACKSYN!

santa wants to know the size of your laser disc collection. also is there any specific title(s) you're missing/interested in?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
just found out i can't get this 2 foot by 2 foot thing laser engraved, as no one has a laser engraver that will take a thing that sized

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello Samuel L. ACKSYN!

santa wants to know the size of your laser disc collection. also is there any specific title(s) you're missing/interested in?

size uh not sure exactly but like 60-70 ish discs, somewhere in there

specific titles? can't think of much off the top of my head. maybe Lion King or Aladdin, i was gonna get them at one point but never did.

i have a bunch of the Star Wars releases. i have the original one of new hope thats like 4 discs, i have the 80s releases of all 3 movies, i have the "faces" editions of all three, and the special editions of all 3, as well as 2 copies of the definitive edition boxset. also have jurassic park, the mortal kombat animated movie, the mortal kombat movies, bunch of other stuff. i have a couple x-files discs, too.

i like cheap horror movies / horror b-movies, (among other stuff) if that helps.

Samuel L. ACKSYN fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 27, 2017

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Beast of Bourbon posted:

just found out i can't get this 2 foot by 2 foot thing laser engraved, as no one has a laser engraver that will take a thing that sized

sic we're in the same area - Ace monster toys has a laser

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
yosmas status: can't find gift i purchased in march and stashed away for december. figures. have another pic of my dog.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

CrazyLittle posted:

sic we're in the same area - Ace monster toys has a laser

I am in LA now

oh nice, found a place that has a max of 4' x 4'

that is a big laser engraver.

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 28, 2017

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hello Wiggly Wayne DDS!

santa wants to know if you have any kids/pets/significants other who might like gifts as well

also can you please list interests beyond secfuck

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello Wiggly Wayne DDS!

santa wants to know if you have any kids/pets/significants other who might like gifts as well

also can you please list interests beyond secfuck
no kids/pets/significants that aren't somehow even worse to get gifts for. beyond secfuck i do play some videogames (e.g. xcom), but there isn't really any gift material there that i don't already have. i know i'm a pain to get gifts for, but i'd be happy with just about anything.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

get them some unicorn meat or w/e garbage from thinkgeek

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

lot's of great gift ideas here!!

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i wonder what santa (🎅🏿) is gonna get for me!! :pray:

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
my gift is starting to come together...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

obstipator posted:

i wonder what santa (🎅🏿) is gonna get for me!! :pray:

check ur pms

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spilling the beans that me, the only latvian yosposter, is shipping the gift abroad, i am pleased to report that while latvian mail is really stupid about sending things abroad, they send them nonetheless, and rather quickly (partially b/c they are stupid, you can either send and hope that it arrives before ice age with no guarantees of any sort, or pay a bit for superfast delivery (???))

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
is latvia that one doctor doom country

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

duckfarts posted:

is latvia that one doctor doom country

that was latvaria, this is just a poor shithole

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

cinci zoo sniper posted:

that was latvaria, this is just a poor shithole

*latveria

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fun fact, there's a highly toxic weed called latvanis in latvia. its basically a few yards tall, arm thick dill filled with acid

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

fun fact, there's a highly toxic weed called latvanis in latvia. its basically a few yards tall, arm thick dill filled with acid
way to spoil the present

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

cinci zoo sniper posted:

loving hogweed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

flakeloaf posted:

loving hogweed

aye, sosnowsky's hogweed. really hard to eradicate, i think at one point we had unironical flamethrower squads around when govt + eu stepped up efforts to curb it. hogweed was getting really ridiculous on the road connecting my hometown with the college campus - it'd go through valleys where the weeds would hug the road on both sides. i think one of dad's acquaintances went to hospital with highest degree chemical burns because he wiped his rear end with a freshly plucked leaf of the hogweed :gonk:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

:stonk:

we have it here on ottawa and after it blinded some poor home-farmer the province added it to the list of things you could spray whatever the gently caress you wanted on, just as long as you made it die. i hate the idea of glyphosate myself but after finding dog-strangling vine (Vincetoxicum rossicum) back there i'm seriously tempted to get some, because seriously, gently caress that spiky fake pea-pod rear end in a top hat

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

flakeloaf posted:

:stonk:

we have it here on ottawa and after it blinded some poor home-farmer the province added it to the list of things you could spray whatever the gently caress you wanted on, just as long as you made it die. i hate the idea of glyphosate myself but after finding dog-strangling vine (Vincetoxicum rossicum) back there i'm seriously tempted to get some, because seriously, gently caress that spiky fake pea-pod rear end in a top hat

never heard of it (canadian weed by the look of it?) but sounds pretty bad. likewise about glyphosate, although that seems to have been sold here earlier, not sure about now (thank eu maybe)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

(canadian weed by the look of it?)

if you like blaming russians for stuff i have some fantastic news

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I actually just had an idea for a reasonably not totally terrible gift and I think I can even get it out on time

im surprised too

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
pumped for the gifts ! 😍:greatgift:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i bought a thing for my santee yesterday but i still need to figure out what else im gettin them

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i'm on course for getting my things shipped out end of next week

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
this might be my most expensive year yet :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

CrazyLittle posted:

this might be my most expensive year yet :p
Isn't it nice how we've all grown up and got careers and such now.

• Locked thread