Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
UFC had a Dagestani wushu master getting squashed by a giant steroid wrestler this weekend, I’m sure Rizin will come through for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Does Gabi Garci fighting a 51 year old retired pro wrestler scratch that itch? Because if so I have great news for you....

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

CommonShore posted:

Does Gabi Garci fighting a 51 year old retired pro wrestler scratch that itch? Because if so I have great news for you....

They were supposed to do that match last year for the New Years show but Kandori got injured. And she's 53.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I enjoy Gabi Garcia fighting and almost losing to cans. Its pretty exciting.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
James Thompson is fighting Phil de Fries at Bellator 191

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

MrBling posted:

They were supposed to do that match last year for the New Years show but Kandori got injured. And she's 53.

big deal .. some people might think its impressive to be 53 but i think it will take more than just being 53 to overcome the strength of gabi garcia

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I think it is a fairly old woman, so I will defeat her without mercy

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

LobsterMobster posted:

James Thompson is fighting Phil de Fries at Bellator 191

wow, talk about scooped, willie

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yeah, how did Willie not break the news to us about his good friend, The Colossus

He must be too busy fighting off the acid throwing scooter thief gang

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

I enjoy Gabi Garcia fighting and almost losing to cans. Its pretty exciting.

It's fun watching a wildly flailing ogress accidentally knock people out.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
My favourite thing about Gabi Garcia was the look on her face after she was NC'd for soccer kicking her ancient shoot-boxing opponent about seven seconds after being warned about doing the exact same thing.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I know perspective and whatever, but seriously, this picture always makes me cringe

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Too many times James has told me something, or even put it on Facebook, but within minutes deleted it and phoned me and told me not to tell anyone. I am not breaking any more JT news!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Nierbo posted:

I know perspective and whatever, but seriously, this picture always makes me cringe

Jesus Christ how is that legal? Is it on the moon?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Captain Log posted:

Jesus Christ how is that legal? Is it on the moon?

Japan.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God bless them too (unironically).

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Gabi Garcia v A Grandma is literally side by side with chechyan children MMA with things i have seen that make me cringe, embarrassed, and shameful to be a supporter of the sport.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/936750521313931264

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

wrong thread

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I had no idea bellator was still doing kickboxing

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Is that small glove kickboxing?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://mobile.twitter.com/DenisGeykoRT/status/937031756640870400

lol this lovely tournament hasn't even gotten off the ground yet and Fedor is already starting the power plays

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God I love B League MMA. Whatever ACB Event is streaming now has music stolen from Battlefield 4 for its promo packages. Hey not condemning them it sounds good and iirc the Singapore Military has done it too on occasion.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

BARUTO will be starring in a live action adaptation of "My Brother's Husband". he will play "large Canadian husband"

https://twitter.com/otakucalendarjp/status/937940569937940480

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like baruto .. hes as noble as they come

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
STOP THE PRESSES!

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12/6/16742292/sarah-kaufman-signs-with-invicta-fc-set-to-return-in-january

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

This is gonna be depressing. I know it already.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Wow. There are a silly number of fights going on this weekend. Between the UFC, Bellator, and random promotions on fightpass, I counted 54 MMA fights and 9 kickboxing bouts. (17 of those MMA matches are in Pancrase, so not sure if that really counts)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Invicta is happening

First fight ended when a 18 year old grabbed an armbar in like 20 seconds.

Now we have some kickpunch

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

Invicta is happening

First fight ended when a 18 year old grabbed an armbar in like 20 seconds.

Now we have some kickpunch

Yeah. It has been decent so far.

I think that 18 year old is gonna be in free Tito Ortiz Punishment gear for a while.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

49-46?

I could see 48-47 but 4 rounds for Maia is a rotten decision.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CommonShore posted:

49-46?

I could see 48-47 but 4 rounds for Maia is a rotten decision.

I checked out when Aga hurt Maia then got clinched for the rest of the round. Judges probably did too.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The translator they had there for Maia was pretty good.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
It's with sadness that I report Alessio Sakara has let down our great nation of Italy in his title fight. On the bright side, he at least put up a valiant effort in the attempt, landing a total of zero strikes and holding firm against his opponent for almost 45 seconds before getting knocked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtTg2fHjmQo

:italy:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Some Chinese event ended with a submission via Dragon Sleeper

https://imgtc.com/w/O7l8ZzH

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the dude on bottom seemed really very bad

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

the dude on bottom seemed really very bad

Science has shown that the best way to escape side control is to have both of your feet completely in the air at all times. Not sure what went wrong.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
very pretty submission though .. ive never even heard of that one

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

very pretty submission though .. ive never even heard of that one

It's not like a real thing. Pretty sure that was Ricky The Dragon Steamboat's move in WWF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
The very moment Ryan Bader is beaten in a stupid way by an overmatched opponent in that ridiculous tournament, everyone just pull this up and laugh.

https://streamable.com/yhaku