Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Punisher is better than any of their other shows, and better than most of the films. God knows how they managed to pull that off but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rough Lobster posted:

A lot of my friends quit Punisher because they just wanted to see him lay waste to dozens of bad guys with a chaingun (a statement I echo, but overall I like Punisher so far). It's good but I'm almost done with the season and he hasn't put on his skull outfit again or really even Punished that many people.

Yeah, they took a real chance focusing on the Punisher being a really broken man doing broken things. At it's core it's about PTSD and lack of resources to re-integrage veterans who feel they have no choice but to embrace the only thing they've known to give themselves purpose. I'm glad they did, because S1 rocked as far as story goes.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The fact that it is not the comic traditional character is the only reason I watched The Punisher. I hate the comic version, this Frank is actually interesting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The fact that it is not the comic traditional character is the only reason I watched The Punisher. I hate the comic version, this Frank is actually interesting.

Same.

Also some of the discussions of the character on FB make traditional Punisher fans look really, really bad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/alex_segura/status/936686956339236864

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Between Alex & Sara and Ray & Leo, I'm glad that the Earth-X crossover had so much LGBT representation.

I hope that continues going forward.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Blockhouse posted:

thinking about it the best thing the DC TV show crossover this year did was do a Superman 2 reference without it being THAT Superman 2 reference

Well yeah, they've already had "kneel before Grodd" a couple of times haven't they?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Also some of the discussions of the character on FB make traditional Punisher fans look really, really bad.

That's nothing new.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, they took a real chance focusing on the Punisher being a really broken man doing broken things. At it's core it's about PTSD and lack of resources to re-integrage veterans who feel they have no choice but to embrace the only thing they've known to give themselves purpose. I'm glad they did, because S1 rocked as far as story goes.

Frank is not a fun person to focus on. I found the show a really long drawn out slog, and would probably have stopped watching it if I wasn't stuck at home rocking a fussy newborn for hours on end these days. They could have done the whole thing in like 6 episodes. I was floored when after episode 9 I had four more episodes to go.

The Punisher just works better/only really works as an anti-hero foil to someone like Daredevil. Rewatching the first couple episodes of DD season 2 where they introduce the Punisher and they’re really good

Jagermonster fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 2, 2017

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Frank might not be fun to be around, but that Pete Castiglione guy is a laugh riot.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Here's Robin from the Titans TV series

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/12/01/first-look-tvs-newest-robin?sf175027241=1

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I bet he's a mixture of Tim and Damien despite being named Dick Grayson. (Like there's no way they don't have "trained by assassins" as part of his back story, though they'll probably keep the "child of murdered circus acrobats" bit)

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Skwirl posted:

I bet he's a mixture of Tim and Damien despite being named Dick Grayson. (Like there's no way they don't have "trained by assassins" as part of his back story, though they'll probably keep the "child of murdered circus acrobats" bit)

I think they've said its just for flashbacks and he'll be Nightwing the rest of the show.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I would have preferred an "R" symbol that didn't look like a jagged Star Trek symbol but everything else there from what I can see looks solid.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So when will this cross over with the Flash

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That would be one way to try and sell the DC streaming service.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jagermonster posted:

They could have done the whole thing in like 6 episodes. I was floored when after episode 9 I had four more episodes to go.

Marvel Netflix.txt

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

howe_sam posted:

That would be one way to try and sell the DC streaming service.

Knowing WB they probably decided for themselves that Titans can never cross over with the CWverse or something.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

Knowing WB they probably decided for themselves that Titans can never cross over with the CWverse or something.

Supergirl crossed over when it was on a different network. Constantine crossed over with Arrow after it was cancelled, and was again, on a different network.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really like how they delt with Frank kissing Micro's wife. Micro got drunk, showed Frank his dick and called him a piece of poo poo. And that was it, he never tried to gently caress Frank over or any kind of revenge. It was nice to see

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Supergirl crossed over when it was on a different network. Constantine crossed over with Arrow after it was cancelled, and was again, on a different network.

Constantine crossing over after being cancelled kind of doesn't count. I thought Supergirl didn't properly cross over until season 2, when they had moved to CW. I forgot the Flash cameo episode. Also, didn't they announce that Black Lightning wasn't part of the CWverse, despite being a DC superhero airing on the CW?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah, there was a crossover between Supergirl and The Flash in Supergirl's first season.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Arist posted:

Nah, there was a crossover between Supergirl and The Flash in Supergirl's first season.

To be fair, it was incredibly forgettable.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

That was the one with the girl who listened to screamo or something, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

Pretend I posted the gif of Kara and the ice cream cone.

Now dont you feel bad?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Pretend I posted the gif of Kara and the ice cream cone.

Now dont you feel bad?

Almost, but then I realized that I forgot that scene because of the other 99% of the episode.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm "super" "glad" they cast a thirteen-year-old to play Raven in a Titans tv show.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I really like how they delt with Frank kissing Micro's wife. Micro got drunk, showed Frank his dick and called him a piece of poo poo. And that was it, he never tried to gently caress Frank over or any kind of revenge. It was nice to see
Concur. Micro was immediately positioned as a villain and then the viewer had to reconcile with him having: a) unknown/questionable motives and,
b) a family that paralleled frank's and could possibly be saved under the right circumstances.

I wasn't totally into Punisher until a few episodes in but then I was hooked HARD. I was very satisfied with it. Bernthal or whatever his name is did a great loving job.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

So when will this cross over with the Flash

Based on prior evidence from Supergirl and Constantine, I'll go with "the minute the show underperforms/starts tanking ratings-wise"

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

twistedmentat posted:

Probably one of the "realest" moments on TV I've seen in a long time. Also definitely one of my favorite scenes in the series.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I'm "super" "glad" they cast a thirteen-year-old to play Raven in a Titans tv show.

I've actually been really impressed with the young actors I've seen recently on TV. Stranger Things et al.

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Rough Lobster posted:

I've actually been really impressed with the young actors I've seen recently on TV. Stranger Things et al.

I don't think that the actor themselves is what Lick!The!Whisk! is worried about.

Melusine fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 2, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, its kinda gross, also its weird because Raven is generally the most mature of the group.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

twistedmentat posted:

It's like when Thea finally found out Ollie was the Arrow and her reaction was "Oh....wow. That's cool. Thanks for everything." I am always here for subversions of that nature.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I dont know if any of you are doubting that it's being made but there's filming notices in my neighbourhood for Deadly Class so that's definitely a thing that's happening. I live in one of the worst areas in Canada, Vancouver's downtown east side, so probably one of the character history scenes of doin crime? I should reread that book.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fellow Vangoon represent.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

So I saw a random report on my twitter feed that the Disney/Fox deal might be back on and possibly accelerated a couple of days ago. Looks like Fox is definitely trying to liquidate some of those assets.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

esperterra posted:

Fellow Vangoon represent.

What up fellow residents of Star City/Central City/Riverdale.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Madkal posted:

What up fellow residents of Star City/Central City/Riverdale.

Caprica/Metropolis/Uta Refson's Utopian AI City on the 100

Enjoying the rainy day off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

ToastyPotato posted:

So I saw a random report on my twitter feed that the Disney/Fox deal might be back on and possibly accelerated a couple of days ago. Looks like Fox is definitely trying to liquidate some of those assets.

Yeah, no way it was ever off, someone just leaked the news as a bargaining tool.