Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Grey Fox posted:

Please let there be a Switch exclusive Mega Man LeXacy

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lodin posted:

Jim "Fatty Fatty Boom Boom" Sterling

:raise:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I bought Mario Xcom for the sale price. Seems to do for Xcom what Mario RPG did for Final Fantasy.

Stoked to play more.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cross posting from the PS4 thread.

Just a heads up. If any of you got that 20% off entire purchase coupon from Target that they gave out last week. It totally works for all games and hardware despite stating it doesn't on the coupon. It works on everything in the store actually so you could use it to get 80 bucks off a pro or 60 off a switch or whatever.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Electivirus/status/936653441086128128

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m pretty sure there’s another joke like this in Mario Odyssey somewhere. It was also a pretty big Miiverse meme. I’m gonna miss seeing all that stuff when I finally log back on to 100% 3D World.:smith:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m pretty sure there’s another joke like this in Mario Odyssey somewhere. It was also a pretty big Miiverse meme. I’m gonna miss seeing all that stuff when I finally log back on to 100% 3D World.:smith:

I'd accept the idea it was just Treehouse and other localizers just spicing up inconsequential dialogue and texts but, then I remember the entire premise of Rusty's Real Deal Baseball which I don't think was any different from how it was in Japan aside from how Rusty himself looked.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball ruled lol. I would absolutely buy a Switch sequel and I hope it would include gacha/lootbox stuff somehow

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Somehow got work done today despite crazy US political news and Xenoblade releasing. Time to start this game while on the crapper.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

😍

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Those two are the only good celebrity couple.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm happy to announce I really enjoyed the first three hours of xenoblade -- I was slightly worried but it seems I've a fairly high resistance to anime, and the chubby baby look doesn't bother me as much as I'd have thought. I do wish they'd airbrushed the vagina bones for the Western release though.

The music in particular is startlingly beautiful, amazing really.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
BOY DOES XENOBLADE LOOK BAD IN HANDHELD MODE

it's not just it being low resolution, they're using some combination of anti-aliasing with a sharpening filter. the game looks like a deep fried meme

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Ended up taking Xenoblade 2 back to EB for a refund. I never beat XCX but that at least was fun for a good 20ish hours. I hope Namco puts a Tales Of game on the switch soon.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I'm enjoying the variety of British accents in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The soundtrack is fantastic. It also doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would in portable mode(but I may be desensitized from using a 3DS at 240p for years).

Related: is there any way to pull screenshots off the switch other than transferring them to the SD card or posting them to social media?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jade Mage posted:

Colosseum and Gale of Darkness? I guess you were stealing Pokémon who were corrupted, but I wouldn't call them edgy. (I've never played Gale of Darkness mind)

Ooooh yeah, and this silly fucker

One of the Ranger games (You had to draw circles around Pokemon REAL FAST) had a rock band as the baddies:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mutant Standard posted:

it's not just it being low resolution, they're using some combination of anti-aliasing with a sharpening filter. the game looks like a deep fried meme

Good to see the tradition of Xenoblade looking like poo poo on portable platforms lives on.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I'm enjoying the variety of British accents in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The soundtrack is fantastic. It also doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would in portable mode(but I may be desensitized from using a 3DS at 240p for years).

Related: is there any way to pull screenshots off the switch other than transferring them to the SD card or posting them to social media?

Just make a dummy Twitter account.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Cucco guy kinda deserved it

Policenaut posted:

Good to see the tradition of Xenoblade looking like poo poo on portable platforms lives on.

XCX wasn't too bad on the gamepad, all things considering. Small fonts, but that was true of the game as a whole

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mutant Standard posted:

Yeah I agree with this. I’m still enjoying it but drat it doesn’t look nearly as good as botw.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Policenaut posted:

At least its not as bad as the 3DS eye rape. It was unpleasant in 2D mode and the 3D effect was actually physically painful. This on switch is just kinda lovely.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fire Emblem fans don't gently caress around

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It helps that Fire Emblem Heroes both uses a predatory monetization scheme AND is a really, really good game

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m surprised Animal Crossing didn’t make more. I think all 3 are really great mobile games.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Pocket Camp is technically well made but completely misses what makes Animal Crossing good.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I've been playing Pocket Camp daily since launch and it doesn't seem to pressure you into spending money at all. The tutorial at the start is like "btw you can also get these leaf tickets with real money" one time and then it's never really pitched to the player again. You can get a bunch of Leaf Tickets through regular gameplay and barely anything requires them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You kinda lose the edge of preying people into using money to speed things along, when waiting for things to happen is the whole meta of the franchise

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pocket Camp does a good job of being a mobile Animal Crossing to me. It feels like the early game of any of the main games with all the scrambling for shells, fish, fruit and bugs. I can see why some don’t like it though since that “early game” doesn’t really end for this one.

Tae posted:

You kinda lose the edge of preying people into using money to speed things along, when waiting for things to happen is the whole meta of the franchise

This too. It’s funny to see complaints over timers since you literally wait much longer for similar things in the main games unless you cheat and time travel.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I am starting to dislike my Switch.

It crashed on me again and I lost like an hour of Xenoblade progress. It feels so crash happy recently between crashing there and crashing on FE:W.

Game issue or is my switch defective?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I haven't seen a single crash on FEW, so it might be a hardware issue.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

cheetah7071 posted:

It helps that Fire Emblem Heroes both uses a predatory monetization scheme AND is a really, really good game

no mobage can be good

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zore posted:

It crashed on me again and I lost like an hour of Xenoblade progress. It feels so crash happy recently between crashing there and crashing on FE:W.

I haven’t played those games yet but that doesn’t sound right. Mine started having issues but I found out it was due to my SD card failing. Maybe experiment with that, if you have one in your Switch, otherwise call Nintendo.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Zore posted:

You might have a scammed sd card. I've read about this happening to people who bought an so card off of third party sellers on amazon before. Or it could just be bunk.

I think there are ways to check if your card is legit if you google it, but maybe just try without it for a while too

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

xenoblade doesn't look very good docked either.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I’m having a lot more fun playing xenoblade than Zelda. I don’t like anime and I never played this franchise before. It’s just charming and has good music and a nice plot that moves cleanly. Maybe I just don’t like open world games as much as I thought I did.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hate to break it to you but you like anime now

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
ehHEheheheHHE. your mother. your mother. your mother. your mother . your mother

whaley fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 2, 2017

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

game looks like poo in handheld.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I kinda feel like the game looks like poo in general but my last game was HZD on a pro on a 4k tv so not sure if I'm just biased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
it's pretty

• Locked thread