Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

"I showed him deformed children."

In a self-insert dystopian fanfic with some intensely non-PC characterization, Jonathan still managed to top himself with that one line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Really enjoyed the newest episode.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lol @ old man jah getting into the bullshit American office
Basically ready for death already

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
In what scenario are these dudes surrounded by men's feet that's not even normal for SoCal

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Good to have the boys back. I like sober Jonathan, definitely more chilled.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RJItwmMuG0

1:58~ kills me

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"He's with Boodaka, the Badagook, they're at the Cabo Cantina"

Anything with Seth talking about gooblebots and bumbledores

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
EVERY YEAR FOREVER?!

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Friday ... is December.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This conversation about Facebook's nude pre-cog program is real good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

C-Euro posted:

This conversation about Facebook's nude pre-cog program is real good

This was a great episode. Seems like the boys came back very refreshed from their little break

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That was a great ep. And I didn't bother to call or tweet, but yeah Cheers is exactly what I thought of when they asked.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Seth's Thanksgiving story is one of the best clips I've heard in a long while.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How's the show been recently? I just realized I checked out hard after the "guess the spokesman" episode but I've been missing the boys' dulcet tones.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

New episode had an all-timer segment with Seth's Thanksgiving weekend but the low-key best moment was Jonathan immediately and emphatically declaring himself a subs guy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Beastie posted:

This is the time of year when all sorts of podcasts and online blogs go on a month (or more) long vacation.

I hate it because work slows down and I have nothing to listen to or read at work.

I almost can catch up on the podcasts I downloaded and didn't listen to throughout the year in December.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

bango skank posted:

How's the show been recently? I just realized I checked out hard after the "guess the spokesman" episode but I've been missing the boys' dulcet tones.

All worth listening to, but if you want to dip back in just pick up from 614, three episodes ago, when they got back off a month-long break. They've all been great.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Dimebags Brain posted:

... Jonathan immediately and emphatically declaring himself a subs guy.

Sober Anime Jonathan is par for the course on the wild ride that is 2017. I ain’t mad.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

M E C H A M A N G A

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

zenguitarman posted:

M E C H A M A N G A

that's like, doTA

MasonReese
Oct 8, 2004

This is gross misconduct!

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

"Maybe we can make them"
- Jah on G-strings for Preschoolers.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
It's really weird that Jonathan has never seen Point Break. (Directed by Seth's jury duty buddy.)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The fact that the boys usually string together a few really good episodes right after taking a break just tells me that they need to go back to one ep a week, or that they need to take a page from MBMBaM's book and really try to keep each episode to an hour in length. When they put out two 90-minute episodes a week it sometimes feel like they're rambling for the sake of rambling.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

C-Euro posted:

The fact that the boys usually string together a few really good episodes right after taking a break just tells me that they need to go back to one ep a week, or that they need to take a page from MBMBaM's book and really try to keep each episode to an hour in length. When they put out two 90-minute episodes a week it sometimes feel like they're rambling for the sake of rambling.

Just curious; do you say that as a Patreon supporter or someone who buys merch every now and then?

Admittedly I'm not a supporter of the Patreon, but I always buy 2-3 pieces of merch when it comes in stock. I'm just wondering if Patreon supporters feel like they are getting more bang for their buck with two episodes a week plus access to the live shows.

Obviously not everyone will feel the same way, I just wanted to see if that was the case with you.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 6, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I've been backing them at $5/month for maybe a year now, and I bought a couple pieces of merch at the one live show that I went to a few years back.

I don't care so much about getting two episodes a week, in fact if I got one episode each week that was guaranteed to make me laugh out loud at one point, I would prefer that to two a week. I feel like the boys think they need to pump up more episodes and longer ones to meet "content demand" or w/e but give me one guaranteed really good episode each week over two that might be good but might be OK.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

On my current relisten I've kinda been mentally tagging the first appearances of some of the show's signature features or memorable bits. I somehow missed the first "seatbelts" signoff; they hadn't said it by like episode 20 but it must start somewhere around 30. 60 is the first Craigslist, but it doesn't recur for at least a few more. Just heard this classic in 63:

quote:

Jonathan: ... I found myself thinking that I have never seen a black person with Down's Syndrome. And then I got convinced--
Seth: I might leave the room--
Jonathan: that black people don't get Down's Syndrome.
Seth: Maybe they don't.
Jonathan: They do. One out of every ten black children in America is born with Down's Syndrome.
Seth: That seems like, that's way too much.
Jonathan: No that's, seriously, like--
Seth: One out of ten? Are you-- that's like a bajillion people.
Jonathan: Wait maybe that's--
Seth: 27 million black children are mentally retarded.
Jonathan: That doesn't sound like the right number. I should have written down the statistic.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
My favorite part of that bit is a little beyond what you quoted. Seth presses Jonathan on the figure again by restating it. "One in ten?" To which Jonathan replies, "Yeah, it's _really sad_."

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
#SpongeInTheWindowsill

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

lol at 617 jonathan mind imploding at the age kids should be ok to wear g strings

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Jonathan really bringing the heat to Kenan Thompson

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

lol at 617 jonathan mind imploding at the age kids should be ok to wear g strings

This was a truly great segment.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Dark is a pro-watch, and it's nice to see Johnathan sticking to his subs over dubs stance.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
Over the past year or so the boys have been talking about ai and robots quite a bit. I love how each time Jonathan is kinda down with whatever it is and Seth is scared to death of it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Not surprising that the guy that doesn't even own a flip phone is terrified of self driving cars.

He's totally right about the Uber Flights. There's no way that works without over 10 more years of development. Hell, you're going to need special landing zones for these things so you don't kill a clueless pedestrian who's not used to looking up to avoid death.

Said landing zones will have to be near somewhere someone would want to fly conveniently.

It's all problematic but I really feel Seth is right on the flying cars thing.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
Harmony isn't very attractive either.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Beastie posted:

Not surprising that the guy that doesn't even own a flip phone is terrified of self driving cars.

He's totally right about the Uber Flights. There's no way that works without over 10 more years of development. Hell, you're going to need special landing zones for these things so you don't kill a clueless pedestrian who's not used to looking up to avoid death.

Said landing zones will have to be near somewhere someone would want to fly conveniently.

It's all problematic but I really feel Seth is right on the flying cars thing.

We're 10 years minimum from self-driving cars and those are at least confined to the ground. I'm not an engineer but I have to imagine that there are a whole grip of problems to be solved for car-scale aircraft that are piloted, to say nothing of getting them to fly themselves. I would be surprised to see self-flying aircraft on that scale in my lifetime, but Uber definitely won't live long enough to see them :v:

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
My bet is Uber is probably throwing that idea out so that more dumbass investors come and throw money in the money burning pit Uber is.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

C-Euro posted:

We're 10 years minimum from self-driving cars and those are at least confined to the ground. I'm not an engineer but I have to imagine that there are a whole grip of problems to be solved for car-scale aircraft that are piloted, to say nothing of getting them to fly themselves. I would be surprised to see self-flying aircraft on that scale in my lifetime, but Uber definitely won't live long enough to see them :v:

Autonomous aircraft are a fantasy but self-driving cars are operating right at this moment, where have you been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
They operate in super limited conditions and the human drivers have to take over every time. Not exactly what they mean when they say self driving cars are here.