Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Reinanigans posted:

The gently caress does tryhards even mean in this context?! :psyduck:

People who are literate i guess

E: maybe he means cool people who also read mob psycho 100 which you should do holy poo poo

Fellis fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Fellis posted:

People who are literate i guess

E: maybe he means cool people who also read mob psycho 100 which you should do holy poo poo

I'll only read Mob if the anime's second season somehow isn't goddamn amazing. :colbert:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

And More posted:

I'll only read Mob if the anime's second season somehow isn't goddamn amazing. :colbert:
You'll have a lot of time to ponder then, the second season won't come any time soon.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

You'll have a lot of time to ponder then, the second season won't come any time soon.

Meanwhile, the manga seemed to have just finished. Might be some epilogue, but the final conflict was solved, emotional arcs were resolved, everything's come full circle.

It's really good.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

chiasaur11 posted:

Meanwhile, the manga seemed to have just finished. Might be some epilogue, but the final conflict was solved, emotional arcs were resolved, everything's come full circle.

It's really good.
Yeah, I saw. It's sad to see it end, but if that was the final update, it was a good one to end things on.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Yeah, I saw. It's sad to see it end, but if that was the final update, it was a good one to end things on.

There's at least going to be one more omake before it's gone for good. A last boat against the current, before all is borne back ceaselessly into the past

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

And More posted:

I guess if you want to deprive yourself of a great comic that's your call.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mob Psycho is over? Well poo poo, time to get in that I guess.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If this isn't the perfect representation of Genos as a character I don't know what is.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/936786427332849665

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Blaze Dragon posted:

If this isn't the perfect representation of Genos as a character I don't know what is.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/936786427332849665

That man is almost 40, how does he continue to look so young?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

punk rebel ecks posted:

Quick question, is it piracy if I read the other better drawn one? I mean it's published in the States, but it's uploaded free officially online, just in Japanese.

Yes. Translations are derivative works. Just making one publically available without permission is copyright infringement. It's even less legal when the translation is edited onto the comic and distributed without the author's permission. This is just as true for both versions of OPM, as it is for anything fan translated at all.

Should you care? No

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
The official English release is in the Shounen Jump app which has a (low) subscription. Not posted online for free.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

a kitten posted:

Mob Psycho is over? Well poo poo, time to get in that I guess.

The ending was pretty much perfect.

I mean so was the rest of the manga, but the ending is too.

Man, if they make it that far with the anime it'll be loving amazing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sharktamer posted:

Definitely read the Murata version first, then read ahead on ONE's if you want to continue the story. There's a lot of tryhards in this thread claiming the ONE version is anywhere close to being as good as the Murata version. The earlier part of the ONE version is super janky, but it really does pick up at around the point the Murata version is at so reading from this point is still good.

Noted contrarian is being contrarian.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Calling people who disagree with you as tryhards is pretty lame, especially given the subject. ONE didn't grab Murata's attention for no reason.

I didn't know Mob Psycho was over or that the ending was good. That makes me super happy because if anything it shows that ONE is the kind of author who will see a story to its end and I really wish some other authors did the same. Some mangas go on for just far too long.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 2, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not confirmed over yet, but it feels like it's wrapping up at this point.

I'd be really surprised and somewhat concerned about its ongoing quality if it carries on from where it's at now. If it ends like it should at this point, it stuck the landing extremely well.

e: Carry on from where as in start a new arc, it should fully wrap this one up with new updates.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Dec 2, 2017

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

yeah, i'm pretty sure the latest mob psycho wasn't the last one, but its definitely going into epilogue territory.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/936903718678568961

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:eyepop:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
These men are talented people.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
God loving damnit! I can't stop reading ONE's One Punch Man manga.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's normal, do not consult a doctor.

Actually, consult a doctor if you do stop reading it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

If you attain a disaster level of Tiger or higher, consult the local Hero Association.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If you want to talk about ONE's version, you should do so in the thread for it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Mraagvpeine posted:

If you want to talk about ONE's version, you should do so in the thread for it.

I wasn't aware there was two separate manga threads.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

I wasn't aware there was two separate manga threads.

The other thread's been dead for a long time since ONE was going all in on finishing Mob Psycho and helping storyboard for Murata, meaning no updates on the webcomic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The ONE thread is linked in the OP but it is extremely very good.

ONE has a once in a generation talent for manga except for the technical act of physically drawing manga,

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wew that is some terrible character design

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like Boros tbh

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Same, but especially lady boros

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Murata is very good and so is this piece of 3D art.

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/936901738082197505

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Murata is very good and so is this piece of 3D art.

That's on the inner flap to the dustcover of the newest volume. :allears:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The latest chapter is out and uhhh it might be the best one yet? And the weird thing is it's not even a climax or anything?

It's probably an old, old point to bring up, but the fact that being digital first lets Murata do basically whatever he wants with page count, and as a result layouts, is... woo! That makes for some good comics

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Please post links man

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/13932016480029213563

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
:gizz:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

holy poo poo, that was like 5 chapters worth of pages

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Holky gently caress what a chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Was that a whole volume