Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

blowfish posted:

gamers actively want cables due to ~latency~ (see also: the first serious wireless gaming mouse coming out literally every year for the last decade)

wireless mice are good because the cable tends to break

wireless keyboards are like 99% pointless because you don't move them that far from the computer unless you're an htpc type

and tv exists so you don't need an htpc so…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bluetooth is poo poo for input devices. those dongle microsoft ones are so superior in a million ways its not even funny. never mind they just work all the time regardless of whatever

but yes. good points. but mechanical is def moving out of sperg only demographic, it used to be horrendously small time and now every man and his dog has one

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
recently got a wireless mouse, love it, considered wireless keyboard but not much point as it doesnt move around

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
i have an ihome bluetooth mouse for my macbook air (hate using the trackpad when working on inkscape poo poo) and the last few times i used it it worked fine and i've heard that even though other laptops suck at bluetooth macs are fine

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
osx has built in kernel level mouse lag so you cant feel the bt lag.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
got a new update from i:c on the whitefox that pointed to this review of their hako switches and um yeah

quote:

These Hako true switches are the true dom of typing. These switches will punish you like the naughty boy you are if you’re constantly bottoming out. She’ll make you sore, but beg for more.

one hobby at a time my dude

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i've never broken a mouse cable ever. buy a mouse bungee

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

pgroce posted:

got a new update from i:c on the whitefox that pointed to this review of their hako switches and um yeah

i bottom out my dom if you know what i mean

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
just got a wasd keyboard with cherry clears and the fat o-rings

now I'm the hipster keyboard guy in our office

calling this a win-win

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
they messed up my order and all the function/modifier keys were blank, but the customer support guy was nice enough to print me new keycaps and mail them over so i'm good! :)

the needful was done

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

hifi posted:

i've never broken a mouse cable ever. buy a mouse bungee

I quit breaking mouse wires after I switched to wireless mice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Poopernickel posted:

just got a wasd keyboard with cherry clears and the fat o-rings

now I'm the hipster keyboard guy in our office

calling this a win-win

doth thoust enjoyist?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pgroce posted:

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in soviet russia, keyboard owns you

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

doth thoust enjoyist?

yase, am typing on it now

not sure it's a better typing experience than my $10 dell OEM keyboard, but it's a heck of a lot cooler

CLASS 2 PERVERSION
Jan 19, 2010
clears are quite nice

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
browns > clears

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmm i much prefer clears BUT I have nice pbt caps on clears and edgy abs on browns.

i make far more typos on browns

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i guess i never thought about it but i have my nice pbt on browns and abs on my clears. but imo it's not the keyfeels i prefer (although the pbt is better), it's the reduced force of hitting the key. i don't understand people who claim not to bottom out. clears just make my fingers work harder at it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i have opposite and pbt on clears is so glorious especially when a bit drunk

i make so many typos on my browns with abs

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

pbt/clears is so goood.

this may have been asked befoere, but are there reasonable options for ergonomic kbs with mech switches? i got a new job that pays peanuts but theyre offering to order me supplies so i want to take advantage of that. i find that i like the ergos because my wrists stopped making popping noises after i started using them

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i don't understand people who claim not to bottom out

:same:

i can type without bottoming out bit it's slower and more deliberate typing which tires out my hands for no gain. i guess if you're a horrible sperg who also owns a rack of katanas "extensive practice to be able to do [thing] in a non-normie way even though it's not materially better" has its own appeal, especially since you get to smugly look down on the washed masses.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

this may have been asked befoere, but are there reasonable options for ergonomic kbs with mech switches?

got your answer right here

Roosevelt posted:

i got a new job that pays peanuts but theyre offering to order me supplies so i want to take [kinesis] advantage of that.

CLASS 2 PERVERSION
Jan 19, 2010
the kinesis is goddam impossible to type on and the modifier keys are all kinds of hosed up

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

a very small horse posted:

the kinesis is goddam impossible to type on and the modifier keys are all kinds of hosed up

you’re a liar and charlatan

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

a very small horse posted:

Give it a few weeks. You're feeling your body unlearn bad habits and it's annoying at first, but 100% worth it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It's like how that cheesy potato lady gags at the carrot. I know you love flat keyboards but this is good for you.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Salt Fish posted:

Give it a few weeks. You're feeling your body unlearn bad habits and it's annoying at first, but 100% worth it.

ya I took a month cold turkey to get back to 100 wpm on my ergodox

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
the main problem with the kinesis is other people seeing you use it

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
we live in a world where kinkshame is normalized tho

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

schranz kafka posted:

the main problem with the kinesis is other people seeing you use it

know better people

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
protip when you go Kinesis, switch to Dvorak or whatever other layout you prefer. Rip that whole bandaid off.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Cocoa Crispies posted:

know better people

man with a van dyke mustache: cool keyboard man, you need to get the pastel "aesthetic edition" keys with japanese letters on them too. check out my retrowave playlist on spotify

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It's far more socially acceptable to buy a kinesis because your hands hurt than to know every detail about the minute differences between 12 types of cherry switch.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

If dvorak isn't obscure enough you could learn stenography and type using chords. When you reach 225 wpm at 95% accuracy after a few years you can work as a court reporter on the side unless Alexa puts humans out of business first.

Hang on I'm just gonna chord this out real quick.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

schranz kafka posted:

the main feature of the kinesis is other people seeing you use it, and then asking where to buy one

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
the kinesis is so awesome looking it was literally a prop in men in black

alien technology in ur office

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the kinesis is so awesome looking it was literally a prop in men in black

alien technology in ur office

just shut up and give me your lunch money

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

jk kinesis with claers when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

It's far more socially acceptable to buy a kinesis because your hands hurt than to know every detail about the minute differences between 12 types of cherry switch.

that's what I tell everyone anyway. cool thing is after 3 months, my wrists actually did stop hurting.