Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Doctor Spaceman posted:

https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC/status/936870353338433537

Comparisons to last time aren't very useful given Windsor isn't running.

DEMOCRACY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Scrunt update:

Making bumper stickers in his spare time.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Wake up sheeple the gaylags are cuming

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The rainbow tide

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Honestly it still pisses me off that Barnaby was able to just walk from the Senate into New England and the electorate obediently elected him like it was nothing.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

Wheezle posted:

DEMOCRACY

Dammit my bloody electorate sucks.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

And not a single MSM outlet said a word about the pregnant staffer, being thrown out of his house, or his daughter and the ute, what a surprise.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Tbf the first time he was elected his closest competition was the world's least charismatic man, Rob Taber.

And then the second time Windsor was a late entrant and had a pretty poorly run campaign, and his late entry also had the side effect of pissing Rob Taber off because Taber apparently remortgaged his house to run again after Windsor told him he wasn't going to run

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
lol if you expected any of the sec 44 pricks to actually face any consequences. they'll all walk back into their positions untouched with the whole "taking hundreds of thousands of taxpayer money and influencing legislation while knowingly being ineligible" mess being nothing but a hiccup while people that make the slightest mistake while dealing with centerlink get their poo poo entirely hosed

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

Scrunt update:

Fewer typos than I expected.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

Scrunt update:

79% rate of return on a non-compulsory, non-binding vote is a loving fantastic engagement rate.

Scrunt can gently caress right off back to his cave.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Just lol at NSW being poo poo

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

George Christensen posted:

Since the royal commission announcement on Thursday, I have reconsidered what can continue to be achieved within the framework of government.
The royal commission announcement this week was a massive win, particularly for regional Australia as many of those hurt by banking misconduct are farmers and regional small business owners.
A week ago, I didn't believe such a result could be achieved within the government but the reality is that it can be.
I have also had a series of discussions today and over the past few days with local mayors and community leaders, local LNP members as well as party elders and my Nationals colleagues.
The consensus is that the Nationals need to be a stronger force within the government for both conservative values and country Australia and that people like me need to remain in the Nationals and government to ensure that happens.
I am assured that, with Barnaby Joyce set to be returned to Canberra by the good people of New England today, we will have a more assertive and independently-minded National Party with a reinvigorated leader at the helm.
That's good news for the people of Australia and should point the government in a new direction. That's why, despite serious earlier misgivings, I will remain completely with the Nationals and, ultimately, with the government.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

pissweak

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

virgin cuck

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Atodaso.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lmao

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

BBJoey posted:

virgin cuck

can't cuck when he don't gently caress

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

loving sentient tomato

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Uh.

Does he need a dermatologist or a cardiologist?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Lmao Turnbull wearing his best "I'm a country man" shirt. gently caress off dipshit, I bet you've never even been spotlighting much less a bonfire piss up on a farm.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

DancingShade posted:

Uh.

Yes

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

DancingShade posted:

Uh.

At the very least.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Knobb Manwich posted:

Lmao Turnbull wearing his best "I'm a country man" shirt. gently caress off dipshit, I bet you've never even been spotlighting much less a bonfire piss up on a farm.

Barnaby is a Queensland accountant and yet New England is dumb enough to buy his farmer schtick because he bought an akubra and a drizabone so why wouldn’t Turnbull assume they’re dumb enough to be fooled by a shirt.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Bernadi must be so disappointed that Christensen won’t go all the way with him.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Master orator Turnbull fumbled a question about his favourite AC/DC song, the underarm-est underarm of all time.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I read the comments on a daily telegraph article about child support and now i want to die.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
I don't get how the Nationals or any of their voters think that what regional Australia needs is conservatism.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Krabboss posted:

I don't get how the Nationals or any of their voters think that what regional Australia needs is conservatism.

Because rural Australia had a past, but has no future

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

NTRabbit posted:

Because rural Australia had a past, but has no future

I talk about this with my mum sometimes, she's a farmer and has always lived in regional Australia. To her credit, she's always voted independent and hates boomers and austerity. From the people she talks to, there's frustration that politicians tend to ignore the regions and a feeling as if the regions are propping up the population centres. I don't know why people think Brisbane needs a shithole town with barely any industry, but they do. They seem to think if the government tosses them a project to rebuild a highway or ends skilled migration, their town will bounce back from 30% youth unemployment.

I mean it's pretty hard to accept that your profession is now worthless and your hometown is just hosed, but it ain't very helpful to think that regional towns will some day bounce back to their former glory.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Krabboss posted:

Because those dirty fuckin' hippies and their greeny pals want to shut down my fields to go hug some trees is one point of view, and that image is a hard one to break despite the long-term pro-environment goals actually being better for farmers.

Another is simply that the Nationals are actually paying them attention, which nobody else does.

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

tithin posted:

79% rate of return on a non-compulsory, non-binding vote is a loving fantastic engagement rate.

Scrunt can gently caress right off back to his cave.

Still that obsession with having things rammed down one's gob.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Krabboss posted:

I talk about this with my mum sometimes, she's a farmer and has always lived in regional Australia. To her credit, she's always voted independent and hates boomers and austerity. From the people she talks to, there's frustration that politicians tend to ignore the regions and a feeling as if the regions are propping up the population centres. I don't know why people think Brisbane needs a shithole town with barely any industry, but they do. They seem to think if the government tosses them a project to rebuild a highway or ends skilled migration, their town will bounce back from 30% youth unemployment.

I mean it's pretty hard to accept that your profession is now worthless and your hometown is just hosed, but it ain't very helpful to think that regional towns will some day bounce back to their former glory.

I live in regional NSW and the attitude that the country props up the city is widespread. I've tried to explain that the GDP and gross state product is overwhelmingly generated in the cities but no one in the country wants to hear that. Even mining is pissweak compared to the services economy.

Not to say that having vibrant regional, rural and remote communities isn't important, but they're longing for a time that ended at least 50 years ago.

Still, I wish that we could see more development in regions instead of building the tolled four lane parking lots of the future in Sydney. The place is full, build elsewhere.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol Trump just tweeted that he fired Flynn for lying to the FBI. This firing of course happened before he asked Comey to drop his investigation because there was nothing in it, and then subsequently fired him.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I didn’t even know the New England by-election was this weekend.

We’ve had coverage of Bennelong by-election everywhere. I get that Kristina has a lot more going on than John Alexander but man, just feels like nothing was done to strongly contest Barnaby in the New England seat. Apart from roots level stuff like his daughter high jacking a Ute and public members calling him out at conferences which weren’t covered by any of the biggest news sources.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

woofbro posted:

I didn’t even know the New England by-election was this weekend.

We’ve had coverage of Bennelong by-election everywhere. I get that Kristina has a lot more going on than John Alexander but man, just feels like nothing was done to strongly contest Barnaby in the New England seat. Apart from roots level stuff like his daughter high jacking a Ute and public members calling him out at conferences which weren’t covered by any of the biggest news sources.

There was basically no competition in New England apart from Barnaby vs Joyce.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Schlesische posted:

Sounds it, his predicted swing is like +12%

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

If old mate Windsor had contested, it would have been a less close result but him stepping out it was readily apparent that yeah, Joyce was going to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Schlesische posted:

The next highest in First Preferences is “Other”

• Locked thread