Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

pokemon posted:

it is my grandmother's 80th birthday today

this is a triumphant occasion for her, because her mother started predicting years in advance that she'd die months before reaching 80, and although she was in perfect health, she refused to listen to reason and gazed clear-eyed into the approaching void that nobody could see but her like amaranta from one hundred years of solitude until she suddenly took sick at 79 years and 10 months of age and died almost instantly. obviously this had a big effect on her daughter, we've tried to convince her all her life that it was only her mum who had the vision or whatever and just because she didn't make 80 doesn't mean nobody else in the family would make 80, but in the end there was only one thing that would convince her and that was the advent of her 80th birthday, which has now arrived and which she now intends to spend drinking champagne (there are about ten parties planned for her in different locations over the next few weeks, every year her birthday flows seamlessly into hanukkah and then into christmas and then secular new year because dammit she deserves a month-long birthday party and i will let nobody take that away from her)

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/fat_barb/status/936439824151662593

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im hoping, like is tradition, that America adopts another one of our worst people in Jordan Peterson so we can be rid of him forever.

We will throw in one Conrad Black as a bonus for signing up today.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah but wehraboos think every german division was an elite Waffen-SS panzer division

yeah and those were much less effective than just the regular divisions even

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Had to put down one of my rescue cats. Vet gave her 2 years when we took her in due to the poor state of her kidneys, she almost made it that long. Going to be kind of tough getting used to not having her hogging half my pillow every night. :(

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

corn in the bible posted:

yeah and those were much less effective than just the regular divisions even

they were pretty mechanized though because hitler and himmler prioritized them for receiving new equipment

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
just happened to be in the middle of a re-watch of the world at war and they showed some footage of himmler leading an ss parade in basically renfair level medieval regalia with old fashioned trumpets and poo poo. he really was the gooniest motherfucker

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

just happened to be in the middle of a re-watch of the world at war and they showed some footage of himmler leading an ss parade in basically renfair level medieval regalia with old fashioned trumpets and poo poo. he really was the gooniest motherfucker

no that would be goering

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Furnaceface posted:

Had to put down one of my rescue cats. Vet gave her 2 years when we took her in due to the poor state of her kidneys, she almost made it that long. Going to be kind of tough getting used to not having her hogging half my pillow every night. :(

:(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Furnaceface posted:

Even when you know ahead of time, losing a pet is always hard. I'm sorry.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Is there a thread about the US finance bill anywhere? I can’t seem to find one.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Great. Can’t sleep

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

Great. Can’t sleep

me neither, its almost 1pm in latvia

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Sri.Theo posted:

Is there a thread about the US finance bill anywhere? I can’t seem to find one.

it will probably be the main topic of discussion in both uspol and the trump thread

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

sudo rm -rf posted:

it will probably be the main topic of discussion in both uspol and the trump thread

pretty optimistic to think uspol would be discussing something other than hillary bad

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:pusheen:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

pokemon posted:

an army without mules is like a sky without stars

Dogs without horses

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

ostriches without bicycles

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzYKGTj2-hU&t=338s

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
the crested pigeons are born! their parents are skittish so i can't get a photo yet, but the babies are super chill (they just lie there blinking at me with their enormous eyes) and where the adults have a long feather that sticks straight up from the middle of the skull like a unicorn's horn, the babies are born with a single tiny feather that is barely noticeable at first but points resolutely heavenward

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

pokemon posted:

the crested pigeons are born! their parents are skittish so i can't get a photo yet, but the babies are super chill (they just lie there blinking at me with their enormous eyes) and where the adults have a long feather that sticks straight up from the middle of the skull like a unicorn's horn, the babies are born with a single tiny feather that is barely noticeable at first but points resolutely heavenward

i’m imagining quail but cuter

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stone cold posted:

i’m imagining quail but cuter

a rock?

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
um i wouldn't say cuter, lol

quail are born with feathers, pigeons aren't, so at the moment they're little grey blobs with bristles

they are extremely cute though, and their eyes take up like 50% of their face

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

pokemon posted:

quail are born with feathers, pigeons aren't, so at the moment they're little grey blobs with bristles

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
basically! except imagine jiggly is dark grey with little yellow feather-spikes all over her, and her eyes are jet black, and she just lies there motionless occasionally blinking

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

pokemon posted:

basically! except imagine jiggly is dark grey with little yellow feather-spikes all over her, and her eyes are jet black, and she just lies there motionless occasionally blinking

Any microphone/marker and a singing power that can put you to sleep?

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
holy poo poo my russian prof just criticized me for not capitalizing бог

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe

Horseshoe theory posted:

Any microphone/marker and a singing power that can put you to sleep?
no but they are chick, so presumably if you cup your hand gently over them they fall asleep (i haven't tried)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wait so did Trump finally break America?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

tbf this was going to happen if any republican was elected president with control of Congress

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

pokemon posted:

that sounds pretty loving cute friend

:colbert:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Furnaceface posted:

Wait so did Trump finally break America?

I know I've said this before but can we all laugh about a borg lady on one of the bad Star Treks had what seems to be a larger and larger role in weird American politics

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/_everybird_/status/937142382608429057

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

pokemon posted:

:yayclod::3:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

perfect

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
gonna make some dill pickles

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
drat, spiderman home coming is a straight up adaption of china mieville's scrap iron man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

• Locked thread