Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

I just knew some exect went "and this part will make all the kids go nuts!!" and the sad part is obviously some of you dorks liked that shitfest

It was fun. You sound like a joyless chode.

It wasn't a masterpiece of cinema. I doubt anyone would claim it was. It was an above average star trek movie, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

did it or did it not have a beastie boys song and/or the enemy force getting destroyed?

It absolutely did, but "wipe out an entire, otherwise unstoppable alien force with a single, simple hail mary" is the solution in like 95% of all science fiction movies. It's always either a well delivered nuke or loud music.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Powaqoatse posted:

dat codpiece
Pretty much all the dudes in Breughel paintings are like that (if they're not wearing dresses/smocks). Check out the proverbs one again.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hirayuki posted:

Pretty much all the dudes in Breughel paintings are like that (if they're not wearing dresses/smocks). Check out the proverbs one again.

i know, literally everyone who could afford it had it. i was just admiring that one :allears:

bike tory posted:

It absolutely did, but "wipe out an entire, otherwise unstoppable alien force with a single, simple hail mary" is the solution in like 95% of all science fiction movies. It's always either a well delivered nuke or loud music.

well there you go, theyre dad movies.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Def thought those two loaves were a butt.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Picnic Princess posted:

Def thought those two loaves were a butt.

Buns, probably

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Voted 5 for Sebadoh references.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
1/10 of a Breughel painting contains more artistry and craft than the entirety of Star Trek and Star Wars franchises put together.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bearly Legal 6: Cushion Pushin

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Zzulu posted:

The part in the newest star trek movie where they play a beastie boys song and magically destroy the entire enemy force was lame as gently caress. I felt ashamed

I just knew some exect went "and this part will make all the kids go nuts!!" and the sad part is obviously some of you dorks liked that shitfest

Yeah I bet you think The Return of Spock was the best Star Trek movie too

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

Beyond is not great but it is by far the best of the reboot Trek films.

Films, maybe.

It's either star trak disco or McFarlane presents family dog iiin space for television.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ugh, Trek War purists are the worst.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Hello Nasty bad? Whhhhhaaattt?? :aaaaa:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

Yeah I bet you think The Return of Spock was the best Star Trek movie too

The bird lady says you can't call people that, any more.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Proteus Jones posted:

Ugh, Trek War purists are the worst.

Who made those circles?? I mean, Jupiter is known as a planet, but it's named after a deity who could easily be any size.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Don’t forget when Jupiter is a bull, goose, or golden shower to get busy with your lady and/or daughters.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
If you take absurd questions from Yahoo Answers and put them on Infowars, you can't tell the difference:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Android Apocalypse posted:

Don’t forget when Jupiter is a bull, goose, or golden shower to get busy with your lady and/or daughters.

even both, jupes dont give a gently caress.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow, a lot of bad Star Trek opinions and not enough funny pictures in this thread.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Zipperelli. posted:

If you take absurd questions from Yahoo Answers and put them on Infowars, you can't tell the difference:

These are great

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Zipperelli. posted:

If you take absurd questions from Yahoo Answers and put them on Infowars, you can't tell

I really like these. I mean, the Yahoo answers questions are funny enough to stand on their own even if most of them are fake. The absurd almost believable nature of them makes them timeless. However, it is the juxtaposition of the questions with the infowars backdrop that really elevates it in a way that reminds me of the time my dad beat me mercilessly with a set of old jumper cables outside of a Hardees in Peachtree, GA.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

I really like these. I mean, the Yahoo answers questions are funny enough to stand on their own even if most of them are fake. The absurd almost believable nature of them makes them timeless. However, it is the juxtaposition of the questions with the infowars backdrop that really elevates it in a way that reminds me of the time my dad beat me mercilessly with a set of old jumper cables outside of a Hardees in Peachtree, GA.

This was a wild ride.

Also, :same: but with a garden hose, and in my front yard. loving thing sounded like a lightsaber when my mom swung it.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Dec 2, 2017

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

:five:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Powaqoatse posted:

Flemish renaissance painters (above painting is by Bruegel the elder) liked weird see-through orb-likes for some reason.

cf. the right panel of Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights (kettle-helmeted parrot guy pooping dudes through a bubble, lower right, & the "hell diver" to the left of it):

Maybe soap bubbles were just invented?

I remember this chapter of Berserk!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

AndyElusive posted:

Wow, a lot of bad Star Trek opinions and not enough funny pictures in this thread.

STAR TREK DOT JPEG lmao

not sure what it means but im a fan of the bumba memes

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dreddout posted:

I remember this chapter of Berserk!

I love that chapter

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Wow that sure is a funny picture to accompany your hot take.
https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ort14e71ED1rusd51.mp4

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Zipperelli. posted:

You can't just sneak this one in at the end.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

zedprime posted:

You can't just sneak this one in at the end.

Obviously you can't, it's stuck in the man's penis.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

Doesn't higher information content = more energy = more mass?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MausoleumExtremist posted:

Doesn't higher information content = more energy = more mass?

no

A hard drive is already full of data. All you're changing when you put a new file on there is what that data is. 'Empty' on your hard drive is actually just data that means gently caress all.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slime posted:

no

A hard drive is already full of data. All you're changing when you put a new file on there is what that data is. 'Empty' on your hard drive is actually just data that means gently caress all.

0s take up more space than 1s so if anything it would probably make it lighter!

:v:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Powaqoatse posted:

STAR TREK DOT JPEG lmao

not sure what it means but im a fan of the bumba memes

:nws:’”bump bump”, the sound of my balls slapping your rear end’ is what the first image means:nws:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Slime posted:

no

You're right - and all the energy used to flip 0-1 just ends up getting bled off as waste heat.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Besesoth posted:

’”bump bump”, the sound of my balls slapping your rear end’ is what the first image means

you don't have to spoiler or NWS tag text, dude

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
:nws:intercourse:nws:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

0s take up more space than 1s so if anything it would probably make it lighter!
Life hack: Use smaller fonts in your documents so they take up less space on the hard drive.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I work in a text-to-speech mine and I just got fired! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Guy Goodbody posted:

you don't have to spoiler or NWS tag text, dude

Not sure you of all people should be telling others how to post well in this thread, champ.

tax: I have this sticker from when my family visited Australia in the 80s. Based on more recent conversations, I wonder how many locals would agree with the sentiment:

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Dec 2, 2017