Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Likely resulting in hak's death, unintentionally. Since, you know, he's fated to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

What's are some really good and really gay mangas to read? Yuri or BL are both cool, I'm just in the mood for something overtly gay.

Not linking half of these because I have the flu and I'm lazy

Blue Sky Complex - antisocial honor student and delinquent get library duty together and then start dating. the only gay adult in their life is a huge scumbag. V relatable to my highschool experience and a strong contender for my favorite BL manga.

Itoshi no Nekkoke - my other front runner about a gay guy living in a sharehouse owned by his grandmother in Tokyo and having his " " "straight" " " childhood friend/boyfriend move in from the country. Really funny and sweet. read the prequel i forget the name of first.

Rain in Montecarlo is I think the name - another Kumota joint, short, really good. All her short stuff is super good except for one which is terrible. Highly recommend Nobara too.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/school_days this one always makes me laugh really hard.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/pieta some really serious poo poo

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sugar-wa-Otoshigoro join me in being really sad this last got updated 5 years ago

Woah I almost went an entire post in the romance thread without telling someone to read Prunus Girl

Oh I've been enjoying It Would Be Great If You Didn't Exist and haven't really seen anyone talking about it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Not related to the previous post but if you've ever been concerned about it not being woke to read gay manga by non gay men authors or gay manga that is fun and silly and doesn't accurately reflect the daily hell of being gay I found just the thing for you today.

It's filled with gay fuckin of course because it's gei komi but it's driven by the plot and characters rather than the gently caress. It's full of serious poo poo like infidelity in a heterosexual sham marriage

I really liked the set up and the protagonist is a completely awful person which I quite like. Unfortunately it got mired in dumb cliches toward the end and then had a completely unearned happy ending. It's rare I think a story would have been better killing off the gay guy but well... Despite my branding I don't read a lot of bara comics so if anyone does and knows of more character based stuff like this I'd be interested in hearing about it. This didn't stick the landing but it had a lot going for it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Working through some of these recommendations now. That amnesia one is pretty cute, maybe a little too horny for my tastes but it's pretty good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

dude you SAID you wanted it really gay

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kase_san

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think Kase is really the correct recommendation in this instance.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

Working through some of these recommendations now. That amnesia one is pretty cute, maybe a little too horny for my tastes but it's pretty good.

Amnesia's not a series I've ever thought of as particularly horny. Would be interested in hearing what specific parts bothered you if you don't mind talking about it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Likely resulting in hak's death, unintentionally. Since, you know, he's fated to die.

no that's dumb

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

Not related to the previous post but if you've ever been concerned about it not being woke to read gay manga by non gay men authors or gay manga that is fun and silly and doesn't accurately reflect the daily hell of being gay I found just the thing for you today.

It's filled with gay fuckin of course because it's gei komi but it's driven by the plot and characters rather than the gently caress. It's full of serious poo poo like infidelity in a heterosexual sham marriage

I really liked the set up and the protagonist is a completely awful person which I quite like. Unfortunately it got mired in dumb cliches toward the end and then had a completely unearned happy ending. It's rare I think a story would have been better killing off the gay guy but well... Despite my branding I don't read a lot of bara comics so if anyone does and knows of more character based stuff like this I'd be interested in hearing about it. This didn't stick the landing but it had a lot going for it.

I hadn't heard of this, looks interesting! I'm not always that into reading stories with rear end in a top hat main characters but I'll give it a shot sometime.

Most of the bara I've read has just been stuff that I accidentally ran across or when a BL author has some overlap or writes with a more "bara-ish" characteristic but in the latter group you might like Senya Ichiya - Shitone no Himegoto

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I mean by all means recommend me any yaoi with large hairy men.

hell, recommend me any yaoi

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

DisDisDis posted:

Amnesia's not a series I've ever thought of as particularly horny. Would be interested in hearing what specific parts bothered you if you don't mind talking about it.

Didn't really bother me at all. It just felt like it kinda had its foot on the gas and didn't really ever let up. Probably just a side effect of it being rather short and episodic.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yukuyuku Futari is a cute, short manga about a couple going on dates. Last chapter just came out so it's complete now.

it's very :3:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Everything Burrito posted:

Yukuyuku Futari is a cute, short manga about a couple going on dates. Last chapter just came out so it's complete now.

Can verify, very :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:3:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

A good Just Because! episode.

:3:

(I'm rooting for Komiya)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

Didn't really bother me at all. It just felt like it kinda had its foot on the gas and didn't really ever let up. Probably just a side effect of it being rather short and episodic.

Oh, true. It's infinitely preferable to spinning its wheels to me, which comedy stuff like this seems especially prone to. Read Girl's Love File and everything else by Morishima.

I hadn't heard of this, looks interesting! I'm not always that into reading stories with rear end in a top hat main characters but I'll give it a shot sometime.

Most of the bara I've read has just been stuff that I accidentally ran across or when a BL author has some overlap or writes with a more "bara-ish" characteristic but in the latter group you might like Senya Ichiya - Shitone no Himegoto

He's not like, pushy hot yaoi/shoujo rear end in a top hat BF he's just a bad person in a reasonably realistic way. Everyone treats him like an rear end in a top hat too instead of swooning over him. I wouldn't say it's my general preference but it's nice when gay characters get to have flaws.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
is it really people at that point??

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Shimanami Tasogare updated: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shimanami-tasogare-r15976

I like how the manga-ka handled new reveals w/o going into 100% melodrama land.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Alder posted:

Shimanami Tasogare updated: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shimanami-tasogare-r15976

Holy poo poo the chapter rereleases actually culminated in new stuff.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Poil posted:

A good Just Because! episode.

Just wanted to say that this is hilarious for Spanish speakers.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's not even correct since she clearly pronounces it "Puuta."

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
A good cat. Might as well take up 2/3 of the bed while you're there. The only thing that would've made it more realistic is if it decided to curl up on her hair or forehead anyway.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Vampiress Lord chapter 10 - in which Rin mainly just wants his manga

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like how Yuunagi looks completely disinterested even in Touya's imagination. His subconscious knows. :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
good grief that hair

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
it's good

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

> Saint Graph Evolved >

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Alder posted:

aaaugh so fuckin good

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

lol this manga is the best

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Ooh, what manga? I love "the supernatural world learned to camoflauge themselves and they actually live among us" stories.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
It's this. http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/tonde_hi_ni_iru_natsu_no_neko/ Cover and comic are both very :nws:

TFW...

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Bleeeeeh, not quite what I thought it was. Still pretty, though.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Yeah, disappointing that it takes place mostly in the supernatural world so there's not a lot of blending in.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/mangetsu_no_ou/ - hotel for supernatural creatures in the human world, has normal folks interacting with non-human ones (I liked the first story, don't remember the 2nd one)

http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/henshokuka_no_kawaii_akuma/ - dream demons prowling among humans looking to eat their dreams, multiple couples

If I tagged things more regularly I'd have more but it's 4am and I'm not going to dig through the untagged poo poo in my list right now

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I've been ripping through Komi-san all day and it's a delight. Najimi is a national treasure.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

well, well...

http://www.sevenseasentertainment.com/books/go-for-it-nakamura/

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why do we have to wait so long :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
6 months ago but I didn't know about it, this got a 5th (and final?) chapter featuring a bad word. I liked it better than the other manga I've read with this premise. femme tops good etc.