Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

You talk about the "wokes" alot who are these people do you have an actual example?

The politically correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

BSam posted:

The politically correct.

And who is that exactly?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

And who is that exactly?

Basically anyone who isn't a bigot.

Is that enough? Do you want names?

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

socialsecurity posted:

You talk about the "wokes" alot who are these people do you have an actual example?
Woke people are people who think they are aware of things the rest of us are not aware of. In religious circles, they are the Gnostics. In The Matrix they are the ones who take the red pill.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
South Park has recently been blamed for the rise of the Alt-right, so presumably Kyle's current crusade is a reference to that.

Which, I mean, certainly they've made some mistakes, but to actually blame a TV show for something like that has always been pretty ridiculous. Back in the day conservatives blamed them for making kids curse, now liberals blame them for this.

The truth... IS SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 2, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
blame canada

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Update on Netflix bringing back old shows

They just gave a 2-season order to a gritty reboot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch

http://deadline.com/2017/12/sabrina-the-teenage-witch-series-picked-up-netflix-2-season-order-1202218168/

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Solid episode, definitely one of my favorites this season. I liked Principal Woman and Miss Conduct and their romances and Kyle turning into his mom and forming Millenials Against Canada.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Miss Conduct sounded like Amy Poehler.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

socialsecurity posted:

And who is that exactly?

The people PC Principal parodies perhaps.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Bust Rodd posted:

Scott Tenorman must die is so timeless because it isn’t about anything. It’s literally just a story set entirely in the town and told with just characters that we know from said town, behaving normally.

These episodes are harder and harder to write the longer the show goes on, but there’s a reason they really seem to hold their impact down the road.

Scott Tenorman Must Die blew my mind so hard as a lad I think my brain made a sound as my mind was being blown.

I remember the first time I saw Scott Tenorman Must Die... I would have been 13. My buddy was staying over, and we had watched Spaceballs and didn’t laugh. Started Blazing Saddles and turned it off within 10 min. But Scott Tenorman was on, we missed the first few minutes, but at the end, I was hyperventilating I was laughing so hard. That’s the moment South Park became amazing to me.

I’m thinking of picking up seasons 5-12 on Blu-Ray when there’s deals. Maybe 13 and 14 as well, gotta have Creme Fraiche and I hate gaps.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 4, 2017

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Boywhiz88 posted:

Started Blazing Saddles and turned it off within 10 min.

:catstare:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Boywhiz88 posted:

I remember the first time I saw Scott Tenorman Must Die... I would have been 13. My buddy was staying over, and we had watched Spaceballs and didn’t laugh. Started Blazing Saddles and turned it off within 10 min. But Scott Tenorman was on, we missed the first few minutes, but at the end, I was hyperventilating I was laughing so hard. That’s the moment South Park became amazing to me.

I’m thinking of picking up seasons 5-12 on Blu-Ray when there’s deals. Maybe 13 and 14 as well, gotta have Creme Fraiche and I hate gaps.

5-12 aren't on blu ray. DVD only.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Waltzing Along posted:

Here's hope they come out on Blu-ray soon. They've been available at 1080p for some time now.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
And this week, on the Season Finale...

South Park Studios posted:

EVERYONE WANTS TO GET RID OF THE PRESIDENT
ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 6 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

--------
All-New Season 21 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
--------

NEW YORK, December 4, 2017 – The President has been scaring the children of South Park in an all-new episode titled, “Splatty Tomato” on Wednesday, December 6 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

The children of South Park claim to have seen Mr. Garrison lurking around town and they’re frightened. The town comes together to make the President go away.

All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App.

Comedy Central's "South Park" launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at Midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 21 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning "South Park." Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. "South Park's" Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Waltzing Along posted:

They’re coming out. 12 is the first season on BD

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Adam Sandler made Netflix a mint

Dunno wtf they were thinking with Seinfeld tho holy hell I watched ten minutes of that and looking hack in staggered I made it that far

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Netflix comedy specials are so loving toothless compared to early 2000’s Comedy Central stand-up. I’m rarely the type of person who pines for dead artists but why did Greg Giraldo and Mitch Hedburg both have to OD and Dmitri Martin is on like his 3rd show?

Norm MacDonald still being alive is probably my last Jenga block, when he croaks nothing will ever be funny again

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Boywhiz88 posted:

They’re coming out. 12 is the first season on BD

Ah, that's cool. Took them long enough. I see they are releasing all the previously unreleased on blu ray stuff on the same day this month. That's kinda odd. Usually that sort of thing gets staggered to encourage people to pick things up as they come out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Ah, that's cool. Took them long enough. I see they are releasing all the previously unreleased on blu ray stuff on the same day this month. That's kinda odd. Usually that sort of thing gets staggered to encourage people to pick things up as they come out.

Physical Media is dying in 1st world countries and the window where African scrap merchants are selling blu-ray players on the street for rice will only be a year or two at most, and on top of that releasing physical media of 20 year old cartoons is basically just for the people who are gonna buy all of them eventually.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bust Rodd posted:

Physical Media is dying in 1st world countries and the window where African scrap merchants are selling blu-ray players on the street for rice will only be a year or two at most, and on top of that releasing physical media of 20 year old cartoons is basically just for the people who are gonna buy all of them eventually.

So why not just do a big rear end boxed set?

To maximize profit.

Why are Matt & Trey so obsessed with $$$ all of a sudden? What happened to them?

They've sold out.

That's why South Park sucks now.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm pretty sure Youre Getting Old was a far more serious reflection on how much the enjoy doing the show than they're willing to admit. That was vasically the turning point for the show and to be honest Id rather see them end south park and do other things. Id rather get something on the level of Orgazmo again, or some more tony bait. South park seems like a chore in how its made and these last two seasons havent been very good. Although i did greatly enjoy the Halloween episode, thats a single hit in an entire season of misses.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Switching to 10 episode seasons is the biggest thing they have shown. It shows that they are willing to put 2.5 months a year into it but nothing more. As such, the quality has plummeted.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

basic hitler posted:

That was vasically the turning point for the show and to be honest Id rather see them end south park and do other things. Id rather get something on the level of Orgazmo again, or some more tony bait.

Didn't they at one point want to make a G-rated comedy movie based about some kid and his family who move to Japan and discover that all the stereotypes of giant monsters, ninjas, etc. were real and considered just part of everyday life?

I don't even know if that would play better or worse today. You'd have a lot of the current geek culture stuff that is so popular that it'd likely be an easier sell for the campy satire of it all. On the other hand, I can't help but that it would likely be deemed too offensive from just the concept alone.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if they used actual japanese myth and didn't play it like an extended city sushi skit it could probably be fun and fine.

despicable me 3 is pretty bad and you shouldn't watch it as an adult unless you're trying to enterain your children but Trey Parker does a good job as the antagonist, so i could honestly see them doing something for kids.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Preview clip for the finale.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

basic hitler posted:

if they used actual japanese myth and didn't play it like an extended city sushi skit it could probably be fun and fine.

despicable me 3 is pretty bad and you shouldn't watch it as an adult unless you're trying to enterain your children but Trey Parker does a good job as the antagonist, so i could honestly see them doing something for kids.

He was pretty wasted, though. And they basically just recycled his MJ character.

In other words, the movie should have been just gru vs Trey w/out Grus brother or the minions who were off on their own or the chick and the girls. There were 4 plots and 3 were really really bad. And so was the 4th because it didn't get the time to be interesting. It was a bad movie.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Boywhiz88 posted:

watched Spaceballs and didn’t laugh. Started Blazing Saddles and turned it off within 10 min.

is this how old people feel all the time? Just endless contempt?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Motherfucker posted:

30 is old now? Yikes.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I love almost all mel brooks' work and not liking blazing saddles is insane but spaceballs is the worst thing brooks ever did.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

basic hitler posted:

spaceballs is the worst thing brooks ever did.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

basic hitler posted:

I love almost all mel brooks' work and not liking blazing saddles is insane but spaceballs is the worst thing brooks ever did.

Did someone catch you playing with your dolls again?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

sorry but the order is Young Frankenstein > Blazing Saddles > Robin Hood Men In Tights > Producers > History Of the World > Dracula > everything else > Spaceballs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Doesn't matter what the order is.

Blake Edwards > Mel Brooks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Spaceballs does loving suck.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

As usual, the South Park thread is full of bad opinions.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Spaceballs is not only top-tier Mel Brooks, it's better than any of the actual Star Wars films.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Bust Rodd posted:

Netflix comedy specials are so loving toothless compared to early 2000’s Comedy Central stand-up. I’m rarely the type of person who pines for dead artists but why did Greg Giraldo and Mitch Hedburg both have to OD and Dmitri Martin is on like his 3rd show?

Norm MacDonald still being alive is probably my last Jenga block, when he croaks nothing will ever be funny again

The best artists see the world as it really is. Depressing as gently caress. You just know Matt and Trey are going out in some weirdo autoerotic asphyxiation double suicide some day.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Motherfucker posted:

This is how Goons feel about things, I've noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Reading any TVIV thread makes anything worse but this season has been pretty lacklustre even before I get in here to see how mad people are.

definitely a few chuckles here and there but its been a while since I bothered to bring up south park in conversation with friends to discuss how funny it was.

• Locked thread