Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
New chapter.

Mereoleona's strategy is the best. Go fuckin' hog wild and create as much havoc as possible, Just don't lose! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God I just love the panels in Black Clover so much.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Big Sis Leon is the bestest.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

TriffTshngo posted:

Big Sis Leon is the bestest.

Since she appeared she rapidly overtook everyone else and now rules supreme and unchallenged as Best Girl in this manga.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I thought Liar had taken the place of one of the Captains.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I barely remember who any of the characters are and largely don't care

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sisleon is yami-tier good character

(Or is it yami that is sisleon tier......food for thought)

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
That is some One Punch Man tactics right there. Love it

MonsterEnvy posted:

I thought Liar had taken the place of one of the Captains.
Yes he did, see my comment above. Liar has imitation magic and fooled the captains.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Suspicious Lump posted:

That is some One Punch Man tactics right there. Love it

Yes he did, see my comment above. Liar has imitation magic and fooled the captains.

Yeah I am just wondering why he is at the White Night Eye base when he should be pretending to be one of the Captains.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah I am just wondering why he is at the White Night Eye base when he should be pretending to be one of the Captains.
Oh right, I assumed he was imitating a real captain. His powers are imitation after all but you could be right. He might change into his Clover Captain alter-ego

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Jose posted:

I barely remember who any of the characters are and largely don't care

Shout-man and Boring-man are the stars of the manga for some incomprehensible reason.

Yami is the best, same with the fire people.

Luck is fun, and the weird masked dude is fun.

The rest have been overshadowed and are no longer relevant.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Sisleon grabbing things with flaming kitty paws will never not be cute.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Suspicious Lump posted:

Oh right, I assumed he was imitating a real captain. His powers are imitation after all but you could be right. He might change into his Clover Captain alter-ego

I assume he is too. But he would have had to ether kill or capture the Captain he took the place of. Or else his cover would have been blown.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Looks like the artist had to rush this chapter a bit, or was struggling for some reason or another.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
sheesh that art was rough this chapter. Happened before a few times. I hope the guy is doing all right.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

At first I didn't see anything wrong with it and thought you were just overstating how bad it was.

Then the middle stretch, yeesh. I wouldn't say that was rough art, so much as an unfinished draft.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

I'm guessing this is because of the anime adaptation starting recently. The same sort of thing happened with My Hero Academia a couple months ago, iirc.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Tataba is likely dying from being involved in the anime's production and other stuff.

Shame the anime is really bad.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Tataba is likely dying from being involved in the anime's production and other stuff.

i like yuno though

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

Is it really? That sucks.

Crunchyroll is telling me it's gonna be on Toonami tonight by the way.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Electric Phantasm posted:

Honestly it main fault is that the pacing is downright glacial.

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
So they took one of the best points in BC's favor and throw it out the window?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Froggycleric posted:

So they took one of the best points in BC's favor and throw it out the window?

I think a recent episode covered 6 pages of a single chapter.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Their idea of expanding on the world and characters seems to be either adding flashbacks that don't tell us anything we don't already know or quickly learn and repeat the same 2 jokes over and over because you can't add in new character traits for filler material, OR, putting in all the poo poo that was skipped for the sake of brevity and good pacing. It'd be like going back to film conventions from the 40s and 50s where you had to show the process of moving from room to room or else the audience would think the characters are magically teleporting.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
If they go to all the trouble of adding this useless filler and they don't fix the Witch arc by adapting the LN, I think I'll be embarrassed by how shoddy the production is even though I have nothing to do with it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

studio pierrot is really bad

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mulderman posted:

sheesh that art was rough this chapter. Happened before a few times. I hope the guy is doing all right.
In this case the art is rough when Liar's illusions are on panel.

I think?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hello new best character.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/black_clover/en/0/137/page/1

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

..."New?" I didn't see any new best characters. Mereoleona's been the best since she turned up and she just became the best even more

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

lmbo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm, i don't really approve of this chapter. anegoleona may be too good. how can asta keep his protagonist status with her running around?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shes the best character retroactively.

Yami and Leona omake series please.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's kinda like "What's the point of setting up big bads to have them effortlessly clowned upon" which would normally be weak from a story point of view but here it's just satisfying really.

Black Clover's Knight Captains so far are on an order higher of usefulness than say, the captains from Bleach. It's almost like...they're captains??

Electric Phantasm posted:

I figured Black Clover would be a really watchable battle shounen as an anime. They totally hosed it up. Pointless filler, crappy animation, glacial pacing. If you try it just watch the dub; the poor new guy they got doing Asta in the Japanese version is awful.

It takes 6 loving episodes to meet the black bulls.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Dec 8, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to assume that all of the Third Eyes are still alive in some form. At the very least, Pana couldn't have been an original Third Eye, she was just possessed by it or something like that. And she's far too young.

And Langis seemed to have some weirdass Third Eye poo poo going on.

I do wish Liar would put up more of a fight. Most of the villains post-Vetto haven't really been too awe-inspiring.

I miss Vetto, that dude was the poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i figure he'd be real tough if he was fighting literally anyone else

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I really hope sisleon gets her own spin-off at some point. :allears:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i figure he'd be real tough if he was fighting literally anyone else

Zora more or less said he would be. When the guy copies someones magic he is does it better and stronger then the original.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Vetto was fuckin' wild and easily the best fight, overall, so far. Dude was a simple beast, but he was a goddamn monster and it took literally everyone to wear him down, beat him... only for him to come back immediately anyway to finally be put down by Yami. :iia:

Leona dunking on Liar is also rad and cool, but he's obviously going to pull something out pretty quickly to even it out - or even win outright - and that's probably gonna be before he does the third eye thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Didn't Licht say all the Third Eye were more powerful then him as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MonsterEnvy posted:

Zora more or less said he would be. When the guy copies someones magic he is does it better and stronger then the original.

Only due to his extra magic power compared to most people

The best character isn't most people though.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Didn't Licht say all the Third Eye were more powerful then him as well.

Yeah
When hes sealed. They all looked terribly distressed when they had to reseal him.

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'm going to assume that all of the Third Eyes are still alive in some form. At the very least, Pana couldn't have been an original Third Eye, she was just possessed by it or something like that. And she's far too young.

I think they dont care and just hijack peoples bodies. Pana definitely isnt an original since she grew up in the diamond kingdom magical mengele place.
The way the third eyes and lackeys are talking it seems that the third eyes are already possessed and waiting to fully 'awaken', and the lackeys probably going to be fuel for it.

Licht is def the last survivor of the elves/demon clan and held on to his friends souls to revive them.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 8, 2017