Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

TheBigAristotle posted:

De Gea 14 saves, goddamn

Bitching about PKs and awful reffing aside this is literally the biggest difference in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Classic Aaron Ramsey

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Everything is a pen :qq:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

2 penalties I'm going to murder the ref

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Hope city bum united into oblivion next week

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ninpo posted:

Not sure how Pogba was supposed to avoid that at full tilt tbh

You see there's this hinged joint midway the leg called the knee.

paddyboat posted:

Classic Aaron Ramsey

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

those are the kind of fouls that get ignored as often as not imo, i don't feel hard done that they weren't given

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Bitching about PKs and awful reffing aside this is literally the biggest difference in the game.

Yeah, should be 3-0 Arsenal

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ciprian Maricon posted:

those are the kind of fouls that get ignored as often as not imo, i don't feel hard done that they weren't given

I felt the Welbeck one was fairly obvious. I’m not particularly fussed about the one on Lacazette.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Arsenal are among the teams with least amount of penalties awarded for like 5 years. Make of that what you will.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I do when Welbeck's standing foot was clearly swept out from under him

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Arsenal are among the teams with least amount of penalties awarded for like 5 years. Make of that what you will.

Sounds like a refereeing conspiracy to me.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Arsenal finishing has cost them in this game. They've had plenty of opportunities too get more than one goal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That was a roller coaster.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I make that you are having a meltdown

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Putting Giroud on instead of Wilshere (if he was in the match squad) was a mistake and hosed what little attacking momentum Arsenal might have been able to generate post red card.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Kill yourself instead.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Sounds like a refereeing conspiracy to me.

:shrug:

julian assflange posted:

I make that you are having a meltdown

Constantly.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Phil Neville: "Arsenal was clinical."

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

West007 posted:

Phil Neville: "Arsenal was clinical."

they was, op

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Putting Giroud on instead of Wilshere (if he was in the match squad) was a mistake and hosed what little attacking momentum Arsenal might have been able to generate post red card.
Should have kept Kolasinac on and brought Wilshere on maybe for a centerback. They needed the width

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

I felt the Welbeck one was fairly obvious. I’m not particularly fussed about the one on Lacazette.

I'ts pretty clear on a TV replay but again those are the kind of fouls refs let go as often as not, id rather save my energy for a nice Wenger Out tantrum than complain about a pen that might have been

West007
Apr 21, 2013

No Pogba for the derby will suck rear end most of all.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I'ts pretty clear on a TV replay but again those are the kind of fouls refs let go as often as not, id rather save my energy for a nice Wenger Out tantrum than complain about a pen that might have been

wenger won't be around much longer in any case, i'm saving my energy for a kroenke out tantrum

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

West007 posted:

No Pogba for the derby will suck rear end most of all.

David De Gea shouldn't even be in England right now, so I think it all balances out.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I honestly did not expect Farçenal to fail this miserably

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

they're a bunch of soft fancy dans OP

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I still can't believe this wasn't a turgid 0-0 like the Anfield game

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

webmeister posted:

I still can't believe this wasn't a turgid 0-0 like the Anfield game

Conceding two comedy goals in 15 minutes will do that.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

poo poo result but great game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

c0burn posted:

Hope city bum united into oblivion next week

Well United will set up to draw 0-0 with Fellaini in the midfield so yeah they probably will.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i love liverpool football club and i want to kiss them on the mouth

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
also fuckin lmao at evilhawk for wanting to sack klopp like three games into the season

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

also fuckin lmao at evilhawk for wanting to sack klopp like three games into the season

He’s been melting down all year. It’s been quite funny.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Lol if you read Evilhawk or Tarbrush posts.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I thought Motson had retired the senile oval office.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I was all ready to make a post about how much I hate stoke after the swansea goal but then they managed to come back and not disgrace themselves. Thanks swansea for being shitter than us

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

vyelkin posted:

Eh I didn't want to sack Klopp immediately, it was more frustration at the transfer window + making the same tactical decisions every single game with exactly the same (poor) results. If he doesn't achieve our goals by the end of the season we should be able to evaluate his position. In fairness to him he's changed it up a lot recently (moving to the 4-2-2-2 system, 3 at the back v Brighton) and the team's performing a lot better.

I don't think any manager should be untouchable, and they should be questioned when things aren't going well. Otherwise you risk turning into Arsenal and having a manager dictate their own future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Arsenal had the easiest penalty to give all year not given but the Pogba red was still an accident imo. Bellerin just drops his knee before him as he's running and this might come as a shock to most of you, but football isn't played at super action replay slow mo. There's barely a second between his stride and Bellerin arriving. It's a harsh red. His conduct afterwards is another story. loving actually watch it, he's running and Bellerin is just "hey here's my leg" - stomp.

• Locked thread