Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

codenameFANGIO posted:

38. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I wish I could wipe all memory of MGS3 just to play it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

codenameFANGIO posted:

38. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Godlike game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

How essential is MGS 4 to understanding Peace Walker or V

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Not. but you should play 4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It takes place decades after those but it's worth playing because it's an awesome game with probably the final boss fight in gaming history

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

mycophobia posted:

Not. but you should play 4

I will but I don’t have a PS3 right now, I think when I get a new job I will do that right away to celebrate

In Training posted:

It takes place decades after those but it's worth playing because it's an awesome game with probably the final boss fight in gaming history

I mean I wouldn’t have been surprised if 4 had brought up some weird important retcon that I would need to know for those other games but I am good playing direct sequels to 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

I will but I don’t have a PS3 right now, I think when I get a new job I will do that right away to celebrate

I mean I wouldn’t have been surprised if 4 had brought up some weird important retcon that I would need to know for those other games but I am good playing direct sequels to 3

Yeah you're good. Ideally you'd play 4 next but playing PW and V will probably make 4 extra bonkers

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Ocelot is in all of them, of course, but pretty much everybody else who shows up in those games is dead by 4 so there's not a lot of crossover. They're basically unrelated.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

How essential is MGS 4 to understanding Peace Walker or V

i got into the series with snake eater, then i played 1, then ground zeroes, then half of peace walker, then 5, then 2 then 4 and finished peace walker some time after 5. so it doesnt really matter, if you wanna learn about thecharacters and story and stuff then youll go out of your way to do it anyway.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2

Thus concludes my 2017 SMT marathon.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

38) FFXIV A Realm Reborn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

38) FFXIV A Realm Reborn

The stuff between 2.0 credits and the start of 3.0 is as long as the game you just played and also there's no gameplay, it's like 95% cutscenes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

The stuff between 2.0 credits and the start of 3.0 is as long as the game you just played and also there's no gameplay, it's like 95% cutscenes

Yeah that's what my friends told me but I'm going to try and power through anyway hope it's worth it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah that's what my friends told me but I'm going to try and power through anyway hope it's worth it

I really enjoyed Heavensward but the in between was rough...good luck

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

In Training posted:

I really enjoyed Heavensward but the in between was rough...good luck

Pray return

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Kirby Super Star
Street Fighter 2 Turbo

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Pray return used to make me groan because it meant another long annoying trek back to waking sands

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

Mystic Warriors (1CC)

Total playtime: 31:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z44KHbWUoFs

Finally got it yesterday afternoon (right before I had to leave for a birthday party so no time to celebrate lol). Amazing game; graphics and music are top-notch and the mechanics, while flawed, lend themselves well to a kind of Shinobi-but-faster experience. Biggest problem with the game is that it's just kind of unfair, and the difficulty is unbalanced. There are nine stages in the game and six is by far the hardest. Disregarding the bulk of the stage, which is very difficult but can be memorized and patterned out for the most part, the boss is super random and will often dish out undodgeable bullet patterns. On top of this, the game gets real stingy with its food drops on that stage, where you only get one at the boss if you've already died. It's basically a crapshoot for even a very skilled player to clear that stage without dying. Fortunately the rest of the game is very doable with one life.

Upgraded this to a no-miss clear just now. Unfortunately wasn't recording it but I'm confident I could do it again.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

23. Nier: Automata Ending A (and G)

I guess I still have some ways to go on this one

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I beat Rain World in hunter mode

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

Upgraded this to a no-miss clear just now. Unfortunately wasn't recording it but I'm confident I could do it again.

And I did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9uu9fCcrFs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress yeah!!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Gravity Rush 2

they really went all out on this, i got the feeling they knew they wouldnt get to make a 3, shame that no one earth except me played it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Gravity Rush 2

they really went all out on this, i got the feeling they knew they wouldnt get to make a 3, shame that no one earth except me played it

I liked 1, is 2 cool?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I liked 1, is 2 cool?

its a ton more of 1. if you liked 1 you should get it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres a built in thing to send challenges and photos to other players and look at leaderboards and they are shutting the server for it off on jan 18 2018, exactly 1 year after it first released

good job releasing this game to death sony

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

breath of the wild: the champion's ballad (master mode)

the last boss fight loving rules

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

Gravity Rush 2

its next up for me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

theres a built in thing to send challenges and photos to other players and look at leaderboards and they are shutting the server for it off on jan 18 2018, exactly 1 year after it first released

good job releasing this game to death sony

is this like a big part of the game? or is it just like lightning returns. hopefully it isnt like lightning returns in that youre out of luck if you didnt get the 1 or 2 garbs from it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

is this like a big part of the game? or is it just like lightning returns. hopefully it isnt like lightning returns in that youre out of luck if you didnt get the 1 or 2 garbs from it

its no big deal, youll be locked out of like 2 or three costumes and 2 or 3 poses for the selfie camera

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

39. NES Remix I- 612/612 Stars

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I 100%ed Heat Signature, which I found to be quite a fun little game. I'm starting Death of the Outsider at the moment; should be good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

that game kicks rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

Gravity Rush 2

i wih japan studio was owned by nintendo instead of sony :sigh:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Rez Infinite in VR

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

39) Bayonetta 2 with Jeanne - All Platinum on 3rd Climax

RIP Miiverse

Can't decide who to play infinite with, but after that I'm going to play 1 as Jeanne on NSIC

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap 100% completion for the Switch

wonderful game

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

elf help book posted:

Gravity Rush 2

oh rad i didnt know this was out. i played 1 on the vita, lol but it was sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

40. Horizon: Zero Dawn
-a. The Frozen Wilds

I liked it a lot and I tackled it I think way earlier in the story than they want you to but it was practically like a whole game itself and I am like way overleveled for the actual story now lol

Cool setting though. This game is high quality poo poo.

• Locked thread