Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp, someone else caught cheating on a stream at the Spanish Nationals

https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyMuddyOkapiKappa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Lol why even bother when you're losing so hard

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Exactly. That game was unwinnable at that point, even if you were switching literally every dial and moving at PS 12

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I do love how Spain always trends hard Imperials but I don't know how much you can read into that...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Thundercracker posted:

FCS. Advanced sensors seem great but without an EPT Thweek really can't mod his attacks, and without solid damage output all his repositioning means jack.

Yup. SVs are only getting a single action, they need need need mods.

Except maybe Dalan, but Dalan kinda sucks, so...

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Played a few games with that Deathrain/Inquisitor/Quickdraw list I posted earlier and it did not go well for me. It was my fault, I just couldn't get the strategy to work. Deathrain kept getting stuck out in the middle of nothing, while the Inquisitor would up in a ball in the middle of the board. I think I need to find something that suits my playing style a little more. I think the TIE Silencer is going to be fun to play around with.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Raged posted:

Whelp, someone else caught cheating on a stream at the Spanish Nationals

https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyMuddyOkapiKappa

Given the circumstances of it being a live streamed game and the dude losing, I'm willing to actually believe the excuse given. Unless I'm missing something, it's not like there was anything that he could have done that would have shifted the course of that outcome in anyway whatsoever short of swapping in loaded dice.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Thinking I am going to run this at a tournament this coming weekend. Even though I love running 3 K-Fighter aces I think Joestero is the only one worth the price. Anything you guys think I am missing?

Black Sun Ace (23)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Vaksai (0)

Captain Jostero (24)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vaksai (0)

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
"Genius" (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
Havoc (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
My only thought would be lose the vectored off of the Black sun ace to get harpoons on Nym. Lose some blocking ability for a considerable offensive boost.

Edit: for comedy swap scavenger for dead man switch and another jostero trigger.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

My only thought would be lose the vectored off of the Black sun ace to get harpoons on Nym. Lose some blocking ability for a considerable offensive boost.

Edit: for comedy swap scavenger for dead man switch and another jostero trigger.

That's a good idea. Dead man's switch would be funny, but I'll pass... for now.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Uggh just got eaten alive by Palp, PS 11 Vader with harpoons and PS 11 Quick Draw with harpoons

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Raged posted:

Uggh just got eaten alive by Palp, PS 11 Vader with harpoons and PS 11 Quick Draw with harpoons

What did the list look like?

This? (100)

•Darth Vader (35) - TIE Advanced
Veteran Instincts (1), Harpoon Missiles (4), TIE/x1 (0), Advanced Targeting Computer (5)

•"Quickdraw" (36) - TIE/SF Fighter
Veteran Instincts (1), Fire Control System (2), Harpoon Missiles (4), Special Ops Training (0)

Omicron Group Pilot (29) - Lambda-Class Shuttle
•Emperor Palpatine (8)

Are Harpoon Missiles on Vader worth it over Engine Upgrade?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

What did the list look like?

This? (100)

•Darth Vader (35) - TIE Advanced
Veteran Instincts (1), Harpoon Missiles (4), TIE/x1 (0), Advanced Targeting Computer (5)

•"Quickdraw" (36) - TIE/SF Fighter
Veteran Instincts (1), Fire Control System (2), Harpoon Missiles (4), Special Ops Training (0)

Omicron Group Pilot (29) - Lambda-Class Shuttle
•Emperor Palpatine (8)

Are Harpoon Missiles on Vader worth it over Engine Upgrade?

Add guidance chips.

That PS11 alpha strike is crazy powerful

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Raged posted:

Thinking I am going to run this at a tournament this coming weekend. Even though I love running 3 K-Fighter aces I think Joestero is the only one worth the price. Anything you guys think I am missing?

Black Sun Ace (23)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Vaksai (0)

Captain Jostero (24)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vaksai (0)

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
"Genius" (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
Havoc (0)

Lose the unnecessary stuff from the BSAs to upgrade Nym to Harpoons and 2x Seismics. But I ran something very like this a couple of times. I call it Whalers on the Moon.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Raged posted:

Black Sun Ace (23)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Vaksai (0)

Captain Jostero (24)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vaksai (0)

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
"Genius" (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
Havoc (0)

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Deadeye (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Dengar (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

Black Sun Ace (23)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Vaksai (0)

Black Sun Ace (23)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Vaksai (0)

This is what I ran in a recent tournament. I think I could have won it all if I had more practice with the list. The similarities here are K-fighters shooting missiles, but I built out Nym as a mean, hyper accurate TLT platform

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Deadeye's unnecessary on Nym. Use VI instead. Deadeye's for low PS duders.

Iron_Chef
Sep 19, 2003
Chef of Iron

thespaceinvader posted:

Deadeye's unnecessary on Nym. Use VI instead. Deadeye's for low PS duders.

Using Deadeye also means the defender cannot make use of Countermeasures to remove the TL.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Not taking VI means Kylo eats you for lunch.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Not taking VI means Kylo eats you for lunch.

And Whisper/Palp

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
And VI/Hotcop RAC takes your lunch money and your ability to shoot missiles.

I already loved Gunner/Hotcop/whatever RAC, making GBS threads all over deadeye is just a bonus.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Bored on the graveyard shift so I tried to build a scum 11-11 something. Could see it working, but also could see is blowing up horribly. Thoughts?

Talonbane Cobra (28)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vaksai (0)

Fenn Rau (28)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Lok Revenant (26)
Deadeye (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Dengar (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Fenn doesnt work without multiple actions.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

yeah the only reason imperial 11s alpha strike works is action economy.

Quickdraw has FCS + single action
Vader has two actions every round

And your third ship is either Palp (more modification) or VI Inquisitor (PS10) who gets Lock + Evade with his title

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Does courier droid make Moff Jejerrod playable? You could take two + Moff and flip 3 crits...

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

hoiyes posted:

Does courier droid make Moff Jejerrod playable? You could take two + Moff and flip 3 crits...

Courier Droid is limited, alas.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
They thought of everything. Still, if you need a slim RAC to go with Kylo, there's only two points left over after VI and engine.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

yeah the only reason imperial 11s alpha strike works is action economy.

Quickdraw has FCS + single action
Vader has two actions every round

And your third ship is either Palp (more modification) or VI Inquisitor (PS10) who gets Lock + Evade with his title

Yeah, you are 100% right.

So what would you guys prefer this or swapping out inquisitor for a palp shuttle? Personally leaning toward inquisitor

Darth Vader (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Fire-Control System (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Quickdraw" (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
Special Ops Training (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Adaptability (0)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

I'm dangerously close to buying a raider since it's so drat expensive to get the cards in Australia

Raged fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 6, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Yeah, you are 100% right.

So what would you guys prefer this or swapping out inquisitor for a palp shuttle? Personally leaning toward inquisitor

Darth Vader (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Fire-Control System (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Quickdraw" (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
Special Ops Training (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Adaptability (0)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

I'm dangerously close to buying a raider since it's so drat expensive to get the cards in Australia

Depends on what you prefer!

If you prefer a game that wins or loses on the first round or two of combat (but may still take half an hour to resolve), you want the Inquisitor version.

If you prefer a game that takes the same amount of time with less chance of winning early and a greater chance of winning late, you want the Palp version.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Depends on what you prefer!

If you prefer a game that wins or loses on the first round or two of combat (but may still take half an hour to resolve), you want the Inquisitor version.

If you prefer a game that takes the same amount of time with less chance of winning early and a greater chance of winning late, you want the Palp version.

Yeah, I am going to run both a few more times before I decide. Good me wants Palp, Bad lazy me wants Inquisitor.

The tournament this weekend is allowing wave 12/13 so no matter what it is gonna be interesting. At least 90% of the prizes are going to be random draws, but that Big ole trophy is calling me. Just have to beat about 10 of the top 16 in AU to get it.

bahahaha

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Getting PS11 alpha strike to take a Kylo off the board before he does...anything...is gonna be reaaaaaallly good.

My money's on the Phantom II being the real star of this wave. Like the wookiee ship, it's gonna be EVERYWHERE.

Fenn Rau with hotcop is going to be a token-stripping machine. Ezra with M9-G8, Weapons Engineer, and Elusiveness is going to be anti-predator. You can get BOTH for like 50 points, leaving you with quite a few really powerful regen options.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Getting PS11 alpha strike to take a Kylo off the board before he does...anything...is gonna be reaaaaaallly good.

My money's on the Phantom II being the real star of this wave. Like the wookiee ship, it's gonna be EVERYWHERE.

Fenn Rau with hotcop is going to be a token-stripping machine. Ezra with M9-G8, Weapons Engineer, and Elusiveness is going to be anti-predator. You can get BOTH for like 50 points, leaving you with quite a few really powerful regen options.

Something like this, possibly:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...20Squadron&obs=

Ezra moves early, probably aims for blocks, picks up a couple of target locks. Corran moves at PS8 and does one action--and may even deliberately try to bump into something. Fenn Rau moves at PS11, has the new Flight-Assist Astromech to ensure arc. Uses action to coordinate Corran, who can barrel roll of something he bumped (and PTL off that), and thus ends up with two/three actions for the round. Fenn shoots primary target, stripping a focus. When an enemy activates, Fenn can optionally take a stress to stop them from modifying (assuming the target they want didn't have its focus stripped by hotcop). Ezra forces re-rolls of hits/crits. Enemy's shot is basically useless. Corran lights something the gently caress up. Ezra shoots a (probably tokenless) defender--even a 2-die attack can be dangerous against tokenless defenders.

No matter what they shoot, it's a hosed up scenario. Shoot at Fenn, lose defensive focuses, with Ezra anti-predatoring you. Shoot at Ezra, he's got two locks with M9 rerolls, another reroll from elusiveness (which turns on his ability to boot). Shoot at Focus/Evade Corran with heavy negative modifiers to your offense and even if you get damage through, he just regens it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Something like this, possibly:

[url]https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!277:16,29,206:-1:-1:;275:27,213,253:-1:-1:;75:18,36,-1,3:-1:3:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=[/url]

Ezra moves early, probably aims for blocks, picks up a couple of target locks. Corran moves at PS8 and does one action--and may even deliberately try to bump into something. Fenn Rau moves at PS11, has the new Flight-Assist Astromech to ensure arc. Uses action to coordinate Corran, who can barrel roll of something he bumped (and PTL off that), and thus ends up with two/three actions for the round. Fenn shoots primary target, stripping a focus. When an enemy activates, Fenn can optionally take a stress to stop them from modifying (assuming the target they want didn't have its focus stripped by hotcop). Ezra forces re-rolls of hits/crits. Enemy's shot is basically useless. Corran lights something the gently caress up. Ezra shoots a (probably tokenless) defender--even a 2-die attack can be dangerous against tokenless defenders.

No matter what they shoot, it's a hosed up scenario. Shoot at Fenn, lose defensive focuses, with Ezra anti-predatoring you. Shoot at Ezra, he's got two locks with M9 rerolls, another reroll from elusiveness (which turns on his ability to boot). Shoot at Focus/Evade Corran with heavy negative modifiers to your offense and even if you get damage through, he just regens it.

What if you replaced Corran with Rex and a Lothal Rebel?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

What if you replaced Corran with Rex and a Lothal Rebel?

Rex + TLT Miranda is probably better, but the idea is sound. Or Jess Pava + something? I dunno, there are lot of options if you want to go to four ships instead of three.

My big concern with 2x shuttles was damage output, which is why I went for Corran: he's got the best damage output of the regen aces, as his doubletap can erase ships.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
All those ideas make me feel ill.

Popped down to the flgs to pick up a bad card game my daughter wanted for X-Mas and the owner pulled out the new ships to show me. Abilities aside the bomber looks really nice and of course Kylo's tie looks awesome. The scum ships is as big as Mist Hunter if not a little more.

Owner is cool enough to hold a them for me in case I get some store credit at the tournament this weekend.

Raged fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 6, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Rex + TLT Miranda is probably better, but the idea is sound. Or Jess Pava + something? I dunno, there are lot of options if you want to go to four ships instead of three.

My big concern with 2x shuttles was damage output, which is why I went for Corran: he's got the best damage output of the regen aces, as his doubletap can erase ships.

I had the same thought about Miranda. Some variety of Norra might work too. I like the idea of having the rear arcs to match the shuttle, but a 6 point envelope of upgrades is tricky.
If you add R2-D2 at 4 points, you can add Rey crew and a 0 point EPT.
If you add PTL, you can add C3PO with no astro.
Or you can go Expertise + FAA
I think no regen on Norra it's a giant blinking neon sign that reads KILL ME FIRST.

R2-D2 and Rey is probably the best idea, especially since you can probably rely on Coordinate from one or both shuttles to get Norra the TL she needs to do her thing.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've been working on Rey + 1 for a while. Before harpoons came out, it was Rey + Lothal Rebel.

Once Harpoons came out, the chances of either ship taking a massive alpha strike went up massively, and the chances of the Rebel taking a crippling crit likewise went up to unacceptable levels.

That meant Countermeasures and (preferably) scavenger crane, leaving 37ish points, not enough for the Rebel at all. A new wingman was hard to find. Nora with PTL/R2D2/Kyle fits, but only if you drop Scav Crane and don't put Vectored Thrusters on her, a combo I didn't like.

So I moved to Lowhhrick. I really missed the big gun from the Rebel, as Rey alone doesn't have the firepower to win the long game, which is what drew me to Nora in the first place...but a really defensive Low has poo poo offense, as you found.

Ezra + Maul crew helped, quite a bit, but still wasn't quite enough. That's when I hit on the idea of Swarm Leader + Tank Rey (rather than Sloop Rey).

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!201:220,-1,200,63:2:27:U.215,m.12;251:219,165,250:-1:-1:&sn=Rey%20%2B%20Low&obs=

Rey — YT-1300 45
Expertise 4
Finn 5
C-3PO 3
Scavenger Crane 2
Smuggling Compartment 0
Countermeasures 3
Millennium Falcon 1
Ship Total: 63

Lowhhrick — Auzituck Gunship 28
Swarm Leader 3
Ezra Bridger 3
Maul 3
Ship Total: 37

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!201:220,-1,200,63:2:27:U.215,m.12;251:219,165,250:-1:-1:&sn=Rey%20%2B%20Low&obs=

I've been a proponent of old title + 3PO on Rey for a while, as the consistency is off the charts. You're (virtually) guaranteed two evades per round (3PO + Evade), with more being very likely thanks to Finn + Rey's own rerolls. Her ability + expertise adds a similar level of consistency to offense. She hits like a truck and is very, very hard to kill--almost impossible 1on1.

Putting her next to Low adds another evade to the mix. It's like she has reinforce, but better, since you can blow all of that on a single attack if you need to.

Maul + Ezra makes Low's offense pretty good. Average 3-die attack is hit/focus/blank. Maul to reroll the blank, getting a stress, activating Ezra. If you get another hit, now you change your focus to a crit. Average is somewhere around 2.5 hits, which isn't bad. If you hit, you clear Maul's stress. It's a huge boost to his offensive action economy without losing your reinforce token.

Swarm leader lets you bump that roll to a 4-die attack if they haven't shot the evade off Rey, with an average roll of around 3.5 hits. That's in the same territory as the Rebel's damage. Now we're talking.

It presents the enemy with a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't scenario. If they don't go after Rey first, the end game likely consists of her at full health vs one or two ships, something she almost can't lose, if only on points. If they do go after Rey, they have to chew through the 3+ guaranteed evades every turn, putting them in a damage race against two exceptionally consistent, hard-hitting ships. Can they stay ahead of the curve?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I really like Old Title Rey + something too. I played with the Norra build that they made fun of on a recent Mynock (https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...ey%20Norra&obs=) and it's pretty easy to play, but nothing too special going on. Norra dies very fast in the current meta with the Shadowcaster title and ordinance. I'd probably give the Swarm Leader/Ezra/Maul combo a shot after tonight since the new waves aren't legal until tomorrow.

We've got a release event at FFG tonight for the new waves, and I'll probably bring something dumb like Palp Shuttle and 2 Ion TIE/D to deal with the Wookies. I'm looking to move to more 3 and 4 ship builds at the moment, but agree that the Phantom II will really help with that (I'm tired of flying Wookies).

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Palp + 2x Ion TIE/D Defenders is hilarious and a ton of fun.

It suffers pretty hard against alpha strikes though, and its PS is so low that literally everything shoots before it does. You really, really need to know how to control range on the initial pass. You want to be just out of range 3, then zip into range 1, against any kind of alpha list. If you gently caress it up, you're almost certain to lose a ship.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

canyonero posted:

I really like Old Title Rey + something too. I played with the Norra build that they made fun of on a recent Mynock (https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...ey%20Norra&obs=) and it's pretty easy to play, but nothing too special going on. Norra dies very fast in the current meta with the Shadowcaster title and ordinance. I'd probably give the Swarm Leader/Ezra/Maul combo a shot after tonight since the new waves aren't legal until tomorrow.

We've got a release event at FFG tonight for the new waves, and I'll probably bring something dumb like Palp Shuttle and 2 Ion TIE/D to deal with the Wookies. I'm looking to move to more 3 and 4 ship builds at the moment, but agree that the Phantom II will really help with that (I'm tired of flying Wookies).

I have been trying to put an efficient 4 ship rebel list for awhile
Here is one I want to try:
Jess Pava (28)
-IA
-M9-G8

Braylen Stram (27)
-Title
-R3-A2

Ezra Bridger (Sheathipede) (20)
-Rage
-Tactician

Kashyyyk Defender (25)
-Wookiee Commandos

I would use M9G8 on Jess to target lock Braylen to give her a reroll. Braylen and Ezra can add some stress control.

Another 3 ship list I want to try is:
Wes Janson (30)
-IA
-Adaptability
-Flight Assist Astromech

Norra Wexley (40)
-Title
-Expertise
-C-3PO
-R2-D2

Lowhhrick (30)
-Draw their fire
-Wookie Commandos

My thought here is straight forward. Wes fires to strip a tokens while Norra hits heavy with Lowhhrick providing defense to Norra or Wes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’ve always run Omega Ace with PtL, but has anyone ever tried him with Swarm Leader and some minions carrying around evade tokens on their Comm Relays? I feel like you’d need the perfect setup, but at the same time dropping up to 5 crits in someone’s face seems like overkill (the best kind of kill).

Having tried this, it was as hilarious as it sounded.

quote:

Omega Leader
Juke
Comm Relay

Omega Ace
Swarm Leader
Advanced Optics

Zeta Leader
Juke
Comm Relay

Zeta Ace
Veteran Instincts
Comm Relay

98/100

Zeta Ace can cover a ton of ground with a 3 bank/2 barrel roll. The shot was difficult to set up with OA, but I ended up landing 4 crits with him. Even if he dies, OL and ZL with Juke/Comm Relay are still fairly solid and ZA can get into/away from pretty much whatever you want with that 2-template barrel roll. Having said all that, the trick with OA is that you're going to get away with it exactly once before everyone figures out the gimmick and decides to gun for OA and nobody else. I went 1-2 with this last night, though I forget the lists (one was a triple PS10 Wedge, Nym, and Airen).

• Locked thread