Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Star citizen: just knowing its mine makes me feel like a badass

https://twitter.com/theRealDocFluxx/status/936827331380834304

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

MilesK posted:

Which gameplay career are you guys going to pick?

Drug farming space bard

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Spiderdrake posted:

There is no argument: He is charismatic to these people. He's like Rasputin, coked out of his mind, but he can "heal" the PC gaming so they love him while most people are going 'buh? Thumb that walks like a man that comes out in a black turtleneck always?'

Ending my good morning quadruple take down posting with a funk version of Rasputin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgGzAKP_HuM

E: AP with the snipe :negative:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dusty Lens posted:

Everyone knows if you stop at three law firms you don't really have a case.

heh, yeah. We had three because I had one for me and 3000AD, one for QOL and the partners, and one for the majority QOL investors. This was because he sued everyone.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Loxbourne posted:

The problem with that chart is that G0RF wrote it before idiot cultists threw $6 million at CIG for land sales.

That's the depressing paradox of this bullshit. There is always more and it's always worse, and the thing there is always more of is Citizens' money. The thread's pretty demoralised just now and that's always when we eat our own.

I don't need to call it, and I don't need anyone to believe it - but it's over. Just be patient and wait for what comes next (either before year end, or Q1/18).

That is all.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Combat Theory posted:

Derek, your games are 100% not for me, but putting controls overviews and manuals on hot keys is cool and good and a lot more video games (especially simulators) should do it.

Looking at you, DCS :argh:

Yeah, thanks. I started doing that with all my games released from 2007 onward. All Aspect Warfare, Angle Of Attack, GALCOM ES, UCCE, UCCE20, UCCE30, LOD, all have it.

----------------

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

trucutru posted:

Because, supposedly, wormholes big enough to fit a kilometers long space dildo are super-rare and easy to detect, so an unidentified one being close enough to reach the heart of the empire is out of the picture.

Back when Jared leaked a game build it included a bunch of info on star systems. Coordinates, connections, and even secret systems. There was an unknown system that connected Terra to Vanduul space.

So basically the plot to the WC movie.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

bandaid.friend posted:

four tweeter followers. how do you even find a tweet from someone with four followers

Gamingthrill.com is the Pixelemonade 2.0

From their About Us page:

Gamingthrill.com posted:

We are a creativity led international team with a digital soul. Our work is a custom built by the storytellers and strategists with a flair for exploiting the latest advancements in media and technology.
Most of all, we stand behind our ideas and believe in creativity as the most powerful force in business.
What makes us Different…
We care. We collaborate. We do great work. And we do it with a smile, because we’re pretty drat excited to do what we do.
If you would like details on what else we can do visit out Contact page.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The planet names are loving retarded.
Expecting to see one called Firetruck or Booger

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So basically the plot to the WC movie.

I have yet been able to watch it all the way through. I could start the thing at 7pm and be sound asleep by 7:30.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Colostomy Bag posted:

I have yet been able to watch it all the way through. I could start the thing at 7pm and be sound asleep by 7:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XY-Kqt1Egk

This is all you need.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Virtual Captain posted:

They're bringing in a discount carrier? CALLED IT.

you may be on to something here

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

BluesShaman posted:

Has anyone ever done a dramatic reading of the entire stimpire.txt?

The muse is upon me.

edit: By muse, I mean alcohol.

Our honored herald of the stimpire, Beexoffel has attempted to phrase parts of it in his most stimperial voice. I try to convince him to do a full one since the gamescom live stream.

When he does it I feel Daz will make a best of - background video for it and put it on YouTube and many laughs will be had.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, that and the bulldozer.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Called it.

https://instaud.io/1v6j

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

happyhippy posted:

The planet names are loving retarded.
Expecting to see one called Firetruck or Booger

my top favorite is Daymar and then I think there's one named Delmar for some loving reason

they remind me of the dumb game lore ideas I wrote down in middle school but somehow even duller

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Loxbourne posted:

The problem with that chart is that G0RF wrote it before idiot cultists threw $6 million at CIG for land sales.

That's the depressing paradox of this bullshit. There is always more and it's always worse, and the thing there is always more of is Citizens' money. The thread's pretty demoralised just now and that's always when we eat our own.
nah, thread has been good since 3.0 hit. the projections about money, positive or negative, are always fun for me because no matter what, there's gonna be hilarity

what I'm really hoping for is a full release of both games with low to middle grade reviews and watching the chris roberts defenders jumping from comment section to comment section, all the while seeing their hearts break in real time

its not going to happen to every single supporter, but over the years we've had several big name defenders defect and become detractors

its the best

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Combat Theory posted:

Drug farming space bard

chilldankli are in

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Required reading for all Shitizens

Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/27/why-facts-dont-change-our-minds

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 3, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
that's actually a fascinating article, thanks

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

nah, thread has been good since 3.0 hit. the projections about money, positive or negative, are always fun for me because no matter what, there's gonna be hilarity

what I'm really hoping for is a full release of both games with low to middle grade reviews and watching the chris roberts defenders jumping from comment section to comment section, all the while seeing their hearts break in real time

its not going to happen to every single supporter, but over the years we've had several big name defenders defect and become detractors

its the best

I am so ready for 3.0 to go live and unleash a massive wave of griefing in the laxy

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the great thing is, as I grief, I'll feel grief because I'll be trying to ram someone off a platform at 7 or 8 frames a second

chris roberts has created a perpetual grief machine

his satanic masters will be v pleased

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

In many ways this thread itself is a continual grief machine.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Solarin posted:

I am so ready for 3.0 to go live and unleash a massive wave of griefing in the laxy

The servers are currently mostly unplayable right now. Repeated freezes, sub-10fps frame rates, AUS servers completely dead, US/Europe servers lovely (as usual) etc.

Pretty much the patches have gotten progressively worse - if you can imagine that. And now that the 3.0 euphoria has worn off, the Twitch viewership has normalized back down to sub-400 again.

God I hope they release it to live for the holidays. That would be the greatest holiday gift to the thread, and which would best even the anniversary land sale fiasco.

----------------

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, whats wrong with these people.

$6.59M raked in for sale to date.

10/81 participants left in the running.

Wow.

Guess everyone did buy a Cutlass / Phoenix / Aurora / Javelin / Hammerhead!

Props to ya'll for keeping us entertained for another while longer!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

God I hope they release it to live for the holidays. That would be the greatest holiday gift to the thread, and which would best even the anniversary land sale fiasco.
:same:

I think we could make people lose their drat minds if pgabz recorded you, me, beet, beer and himself in a group griefing people

as long as the broken as gently caress party system gets fixed before goin to the PU lol

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
And, the top 10.

AbstractNapper 6.669
Tokamak 7.2
Sarsapariller 7.3
Sandweed 7.4
Beef Hardcheese 8.5
Goredema 9
Blue On Blue 10
Sunswipe 10
VealCutlet 48.9 million calories for lesnick that is
peter gabriel 400 billion

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
tbf the sale has extended to the 11th for the land and hammerhead and they might just extend it again until xmas or something, or just have year round sales of everything at this point

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

no_recall posted:

Holy poo poo, whats wrong with these people.

$6.59M raked in for sale to date.

10/81 participants left in the running.

Wow.

Guess everyone did buy a Cutlass / Phoenix / Aurora / Javelin / Hammerhead!

Props to ya'll for keeping us entertained for another while longer!

As disappointing as that may be to us griefers, this is fine - totally fine.
Trust me when I tell you this, it's fine. There are far bigger things in motion which will prove that I am right when I say that these whales throwing money at it - even if we doubt the actual claimed amounts - is perfect for what's coming next. Just be patient. It's actually fan-loving-tastic, and many tears will be shed.

----------------

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

I think we could make people lose their drat minds if pgabz recorded you, me, beet, beer and himself in a group griefing people

as long as the broken as gently caress party system gets fixed before goin to the PU lol

I would do that.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

tbf the sale has extended to the 11th for the land and hammerhead and they might just extend it again until xmas or something, or just have year round sales of everything at this point

They probably will, and get it to overlap with the holiday stream during which they are claiming to be showing SQ42 (apparently sources say it's just one of their usual trailers btw) because this is their last significant money grab.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would do that.

----------------

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Shame there isn't a computer on Earth that can run 3.0 and Fraps at the same time.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
interesting sale statistics

2013 Anniversary Sale Day Count: 10 Days (11-18 through 11-27)
2014 Anniversary Sale Day Count: 11 Days (11-22 through 12-02)
2015 Anniversary Sale Day Count: 12 Days (11-20 through 12-01)
2016 Anniversary Sale Day Count: 12 Days (11-19 through 11-30)
2017 Anniversary Sale Day Count: 18 Days (11-24 through 12-11)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would do that.
also it'd be p funny when the infighting in our group eventually led to us murdering each other

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

They are basically turning into a furniture or carpet store where magically everything is on sale no matter what day it is.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Combat Theory posted:

Derek, your games are 100% not for me, but putting controls overviews and manuals on hot keys is cool and good and a lot more video games (especially simulators) should do it.

Looking at you, DCS :argh:

This reminds me of the various Jane's games I played back then. Call me wierd, but I always read some stuff when I am in the bathtub, and I got all shrinkly before I could operate the sonar on some loving sub in some loving Jane's game....but they were awesome, and I remember how cold the water got in the tub before you even reached the section that talked about actual gameplay/missions .

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

They are basically turning into a furniture or carpet store where magically everything is on sale no matter what day it is.
crazy als discount ship emporium, everythings limited, everythings ON SALE

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Solarin posted:

my top favorite is Daymar and then I think there's one named Delmar for some loving reason

they remind me of the dumb game lore ideas I wrote down in middle school but somehow even duller

My favourite is Daymar too and I can't believe they didn't put a Nightmar in OFFICIAL LORE and have the two planets always at war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

interesting sale statistics

2013 Anniversary Sale Day Count: 10 Days (11-18 through 11-27)
2014 Anniversary Sale Day Count: 11 Days (11-22 through 12-02)
2015 Anniversary Sale Day Count: 12 Days (11-20 through 12-01)
2016 Anniversary Sale Day Count: 12 Days (11-19 through 11-30)
2017 Anniversary Sale Day Count: 18 Days (11-24 through 12-11)

Yep. Last desperate cash grab.

----------------