Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Risky Bisquick posted:

The currency :airquote: should :airquote: stabilize once futures are listed on CBOE and CME. Right now it's the wild west with massive pump and dumps against let's call them 100% retail investors who go all in bullishly on margin and well...

https://twitter.com/YoloCapMgmt/status/936045815973294080

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2sqrhc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Watching people margin trading with Bitcoin is the best thing. No regulations, no insurance, balls deep wild west indeed.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The invisible hand of the free market sucker punches fools daily

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/29/16717416/us-coinbase-irs-records

Here they come!

There is an especially funny line in there about how only 1000 people have filed taxes out of 6 million users.

Tldr if you had over $20000 on coinbase from 2013 to 2015 you better pay your taxes (if it was income)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gently caress the police

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

*changes one letter in name* you'll never get me now coppers!!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm making enough to add guac again!

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva
Salesperson at work asked me if she should get into bitcoin today.

shoe-shiner stock advice, etc.

Jeb!
Feb 3, 2016

My dad is the greatest man I've ever known and if you don't think so we can step outside.

MaxxBot posted:

I'm making enough to add guac again!

PM me if you want my secret Sunday Funday guacamole recipe.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Question about wallets in NiceHash. My balance is about $58 and I have it linked to a Coinbase wallet. I decided I wanted to instead switch to a NiceHash wallet since it would be cheaper and it hasn't paid out yet. I went and switched the wallet and it said the balance was $0. Obviously that wallet has $0, but I assumed since it hasn't paid out that the balance would remain until it did pay out.

Then I switched the wallet back to Coinbase since I then assumed that I would need to reach the payout minimum of 0.01 BTC so it would pay out and then I'd switch wallets. Now it still says my balance is $0. Where did that $58 go? Is there no way to see what my NiceHash activity is regardless of if I've paid anything out or not?

edit: now I'm more confused because when I hit view stats in NiceHash I get this link: https://www.nicehash.com/miner/17q8Pow4mKcxzoX4XAamLyLSDcKVLfh4F and that's my Coinbase wallet saying that I've just started mining. I assume that means the $58 has been going somewhere else? I don't know how I would have messed up using the copy button in Coinbase and pasting it in NiceHash.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 1, 2017

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Have you been paid out to that Coinbase wallet before? They give you a new wallet if the previous one has been used, but combine them all on their end for your balance. You can keep using the old one but if you went to Coinbase to get your Wallet ID it would show a new one. You should be able to see previous wallets or payouts to get the ID for the one you were using and get Nicehash back on that one.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Ok yeah I see that if I go and view my wallet address on coinbase it gives me a new one every few minutes. I looked in the NiceHash console output and I see that I've been using this one: https://www.nicehash.com/miner/17guFNZVvpKPfiUHfj17DcqXr9C2CVB2m2

Can I just use that wallet again and Coinbase knows it's still me? I think I have to if I want Nicehash to pay out at 0.01. If I were to switch to a Nicehash wallet, then that 0.005 just sits in limbo?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Jeb! posted:

PM me if you want my secret Sunday Funday guacamole recipe.

Cuck Yeah!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

Ok yeah I see that if I go and view my wallet address on coinbase it gives me a new one every few minutes. I looked in the NiceHash console output and I see that I've been using this one: https://www.nicehash.com/miner/17guFNZVvpKPfiUHfj17DcqXr9C2CVB2m2

Can I just use that wallet again and Coinbase knows it's still me? I think I have to if I want Nicehash to pay out at 0.01. If I were to switch to a Nicehash wallet, then that 0.005 just sits in limbo?

Yea Coinbase is fine with you using any of your old wallets addresses, so just use that one until it pays out then swap over.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Just need the value to bump up just a bit more so I can cash out for a $125 gift card rather than a 100 and a 20.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1080ti havers using nicehash legacy need to update nicehash and re benchmark. I was making 7.50 a day today on one of the lyra algs

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Why use legacy again?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are you getting 7.50 a day on 2.0? Im not

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Is that with third party miners or no? I've been doing $4/day on a 1080Ti on 2.0 and the idea of drat near doubling that is insane.

e: Yeah I'm still seeing 0.00038 BTC/day on legacy. What kind of magic 1080Ti do you own

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 3, 2017

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
definitely 3rd party miners. My hashrate hasnt gone up from yesterday, i think there was just a spike in demand for one of the mining pools.

Yesterday I was doing about 4.00 too on an old version of legacy from at least 3 months ago

I saw on the nice hash calculator that 1080ti was reporting $9 a day which had to be BS. I updated to the latest legacy 1.8.1.5, re-benchmarked and enabled all algorithms and its outputing 7.50 and has been all day.

Im not undervolting or overclocked. Stock settings, power target 120% evga 1080ti sc black, the cheap one.

I tried the 2.0 and it gets around $4 so its definitely a 3rd party one

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I tried and am still getting the same as I am on 2.0 unfortunately. I installed the latest version and benchmarked all algorithms including betas. Getting around 4.60 on the 1080ti itself which is in line with 2.0 for me.

That being said I have experienced what you are seeing for no good reason for a day or two in the past.

I hope it comes around but none of the individual benches seemed to suggest a rate that different

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
So I built a thing, total cost was like 7 bucks

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
that’s the charlie brown christmas tree of whatever that’s supposed to be

is it for mining grovercoin?

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 3, 2017

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Risky Bisquick posted:

a fine job indeed please post a picture of the final product

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Wood cases work the best next to curtains. The curtains act as a air ram directly into the gpu increasing mh/s but only when overvolted

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree

1gnoirents posted:

Wood cases work the best next to curtains. The curtains act as a air ram directly into the gpu increasing mh/s but only when overvolted

Yeah man, I've seen enough melted miners where i'd be pretty scared to run anything on that at all.. I mean, unless my aim was to get a nice new house from the insurance company.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

is it for mining grovercoin?

Load bearing plywood just doesn’t have the same ring man

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Risky Bisquick posted:

...lol?

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
around 4.5USD is what my 1080ti's are sitting on, the whole rig is doing 13.61USD a day for 800w from the wall so minus the 4.31usd a day running costs means im still making 8usd a day so gently caress why not keep this show running

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Risky Bisquick posted:

Thread continues to deliver lols.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Scarecow posted:

around 4.5USD is what my 1080ti's are sitting on, the whole rig is doing 13.61USD a day for 800w from the wall so minus the 4.31usd a day running costs means im still making 8usd a day so gently caress why not keep this show running

Your power is enormous, set your stuff to 65% +100/500

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Risky Bisquick posted:

Aren’t you the same guy that had four more GPUs coming in? Why not have something decent for them instead of something that burns your house down?

It’s like all the greatest hits of a True Believer.

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

Risky Bisquick posted:

Shine on you crazy diamond!

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva
"Non poop-touching crypto thread"

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Risky Bisquick posted:

1gnoirents posted:

anyone recommend any good curtains?

polyblends preferred

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

Risky Bisquick posted:

Your power is enormous, set your stuff to 65% +100/500

My power is enormous because I have a 1950x and 2 1080tis running flat stick

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Hey uh so now I have $11 a day on my 1080ti and $7 a day on my 1080 (on Nicehash 2.0 and Legacy)

??????????

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Daily income 0.00046224 BTC
6.91 CAD
Weekly income 0.00323568 BTC
48.34 CAD
Monthly income 0.01386720 BTC
207.18 CAD

This is crazy.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
I run 1.8.1.5 on 1070 and found it picks the neoscypt algo most of the time which is a few cents/day better then the rest, but it's uses so much more power that it's trash in $/W so I disabled it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

what's the best coin to cpu mine? i'm assuming monero? i have an i7 6850k and electricity is free

• Locked thread