Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Easy season 2 is out and the question is this: will this be the season to make people actually care about the Brewery Brothers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I kinda liked the first season :shrug:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love Easy! Just think the Brewery Brothers is by far the least interesting running thread.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Speaking of boring running threads, The Good Wife is now doing the "parent is uneasy with their young daughter growing up" arc that every loving show with a daughter feels the need to do, and I want to put a gun in my mouth every time they bring it up.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I'm seeing a lot of articles discussing American Gods' future, and nearly all of them are saying that Bryan Fuller "parted ways" with Star Trek Discovery.

Dude, it wasn't an amicable parting of the ways, by his own admission he was loving fired because he couldn't get anything done. Do your homework, writers.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Well this certainly is a way to tease Altered Carbon.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/936727067483344896

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mu Zeta posted:

Don't watch Sorkin's other shows like Newsroom and Studio 60 because they are godawful.

Everybody should watch Studio 60, or at least some of it, simply so they can have it as a point of reference as one of the most self-important, pretentious, mind-boggling bad shows ever produced. 22 episodes of a show about a comedy show, all written by a man who has apparently never laughed or even knows what a joke is. I thought "This isn't very good" pretty much immediately, but because it was my first Sorkin show I assumed I was just missing something. I wound up sticking with it longer than I should have because is was so terrible.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FuriousGeorge posted:

Whoever Netflix hired to do stuff like this and their ad for Black Mirror really know their poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FuriousGeorge posted:

That's loving brilliant. I keep forgetting their doing an altered carbon series. I love the book, so whenever something reminds me I get really psyched.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
having finally finished s2 of Baskets i was not expecting for fully half the season to be about Louie Anderson's character but oh my god give him all the awards in the world

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That's loving brilliant. I keep forgetting their doing an altered carbon series. I love the book, so whenever something reminds me I get really psyched.

I don't see how they're gonna do it, given kind of the point of the books is that the main character is constantly changing bodies. That's a lot of recasting the lead role.

Anyone know anything about this new Netflix German show Dark.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There are like three people cast as the main character just for the first season.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

zoux posted:

I don't see how they're gonna do it, given kind of the point of the books is that the main character is constantly changing bodies. That's a lot of recasting the lead role.

Anyone know anything about this new Netflix German show Dark.

One of the interesting sub-themes of the books was that TK was never quite the same personality from one sleeve the next*. While the coding in the stack is him, the body itself also had an influence on his thought processes. Part of the Envoy training was designed specifically to overcome this, that they would d/l into the sleeve and be jump straight into action. So I would think different actors having slight personality differences would be entirely in character.

*Even though the central trajedy(?) of the character is that he doesn't believe he can change, his personality is constantly in flux.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finally followed DP's suggestion and watched Detention. What the gently caress did I just see? :psypop:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Rarity posted:

I finally followed DP's suggestion and watched Detention. What the gently caress did I just see? :psypop:

I told you!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rarity posted:

The result of nobody being around to tell the director of Torque “no.”

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DivisionPost posted:

The result of what happens when nobody is around to tell the director of Torque “no.”

This sounds like extremely my poo poo.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

esperterra posted:

Everybody needs to watch Detention, if only so that they know it exists.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I want to talk about all the cool ridiculous things that happened but I feel you need to go into this movie blind. Seriously, watch Detention.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

There are like three people cast as the main character just for the first season.

That's crazy, I guess they’re actually going for it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

i think you'd dig it a lot

make sure you get blazed af first

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rarity posted:

One of the worst movies ever made, and easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen

Detention: What if Joseph Kahn said "go gently caress yourself" to the very base concepts of adequate filmmaking on literally any level, and that idea was actually unique over Harmony Korine doing an actually competent job with Spring Breakers a couple of years later

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 3, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

That's crazy, I guess they’re actually going for it.

Yeah, it is Joel Kinnaman as "Takashi Kovacs," Byron Mann as "O.G. Kovacs" and Leonardo Nam as "Stronghold Kovacs"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, it is Joel Kinnaman as "Takashi Kovacs," Byron Mann as "O.G. Kovacs" and Leonardo Nam as "Stronghold Kovacs"

So what, exactly, is Altered Carbon?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://archive.org/details/Liquid_Television

Archive.org has the entire run of Liquid Television now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivisionPost posted:

Everybody needs to watch Detention, if only so that they know it exists.

We are loving blessed that it exists you horrible, joyless person.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

So what, exactly, is Altered Carbon?

A 2002 cyberpunk-noir-detective novel set in a body-swapping digitized-consciousness future. Considered something of a modern sci-fi classic. Some gifs of the concept art or set design have also been leaked showing that they're going for a very Blade Runner-y aesthetic.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Started Futureman tonight. Episode 7 (Pandora’s Mailbox) might be the funniest goddamn thing I’ve seen this year.

Too bad they weren’t able to get Sigourney but I totally understand why.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched the first episode of Dark. I don't know about anyone else but I switched it over to German right away as the English dub sound too weird to me.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

lelandjs posted:

Started Futureman tonight. Episode 7 (Pandora’s Mailbox) might be the funniest goddamn thing I’ve seen this year.

Yeah, I watched that last night and had about the same reaction. I was gasping for air I was laughing so hard.

Episode 9, Operation: Fatal Attraction is pretty drat fantastic too.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

bull3964 posted:

Episode 9, Operation: Fatal Attraction is pretty drat fantastic too.

That might be my favorite episode of the year.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

FuriousGeorge posted:

cyberpunk-noir-detective novel... going for a very Blade Runner-y aesthetic.

I had never heard of this before, but... SOLD!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

This is the unfunniest SNL sketch in a decade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwU9DupgA_E

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm gonna watch Dark just because it is never, ever, ever useful that i can speak german

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

i think you meant "ever". i mean what even is this. is andrew dice clay in the news lately?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I can only assume this is some weird meta sketch about the new guy's first week.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A few pages ago but...

Mu Zeta posted:

Reminder that Woody Allen's 6 episodes for Amazon cost $80 million

Reminder that Baz Lurhman's 6 episode show for Netflix cost $130m (plus another ~30m to finish the last 6 which nobody watched)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I watched Detention on this threads weird mentionings of it earlier this week and I think it might be my favorite movie ever.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Also literally not a single person has watched Goliath

It features one of the worst performances I've ever seen by Nina Arianda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MiddleOne posted:

I watched Detention on this threads weird mentionings of it earlier this week and I think it might be my favorite movie ever.

Hell yeah welcome to the cool kid club :hf:

• Locked thread