Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I think damage might be reduced in the prep phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
It's always a magical moment whenever someone C4s the hostage.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
the one in my group who always hosts the games disabled hostage and secure in their settings so I never get to play them anymore, it's super lame

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've gotten downs and even a couple player kills but the drone hostage kill still eludes me.

I managed it on Theme Park recently. Hostage was parked in front of a couch with his head level with the seats, drone jumped on the couch, Kapkan saw the drone and started tracking it aaaaand the hostage is dead

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jedrick posted:

It's always a magical moment whenever someone C4s the hostage.

I've wallbanged the hostage once, that was embarrassing.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Koramei posted:

the one in my group who always hosts the games disabled hostage and secure in their settings so I never get to play them anymore, it's super lame

Christ, why are you playing with this MLG-pretend tryhard?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Hostage and Secure don't get played competitively?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Koramei posted:

Sever.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hostage is only good for meat lockering.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
@hard: the new characters are cool. new guns are cool. new abilities are cool. i haven't read their bios yet but yall better do something meta with it and make it look like the hacker vandalized her own background or whatever. put her custom emoji in there lol

Koramei posted:

be advised hostage is the best and most rainbow six mode

bomb is okay because its the most dynamic

but container is stupid and only benefits fuze-types that like to spam

*stands in the room one second long enough to capture obj then looks op4 in the face within melee range during the win screen* mission accomplished team lets go home

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
It makes sense because team rainbow is just training together. You'll notice terrorist hunt doesn't actually have the container gamemode because when you fight for realsies it doesn't count to be king of the hill for 15 seconds :eng101:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Koramei posted:

I don't think that's how playlist preferences work. Hard described it earlier when he was still here (:rip:) that since casual and ranked are still peer to peer, everyone adds their votes (enabled modes and maps for everyone on both teams) into a hat and the server randomly selects a combination. So it sounds more like multiple people that you play with have those modes disabled causing the chances for them to be selected to be low.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

hostage is most fun for the hilarious outcomes, bomb is best strategic gamemode because you have so many different options for attack. secure can be lame cause like others have said, fuze just spams, but i've noticed now that there are way more operators, fuze spam isn't that commonplace anymore.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I do think bomb is the best and most competitive game mode, but it + ranked only having 9 maps (still a bullshit change, incidentally) and how there's almost always a One Good Point to defend first on most of the maps means all the variety in the game's been sucked out. I don't know how the hell pro players deal with it.

Jehde posted:

I don't think that's how playlist preferences work. Hard described it earlier when he was still here (:rip:) that since casual and ranked are still peer to peer, everyone adds their votes (enabled modes and maps for everyone on both teams) into a hat and the server randomly selects a combination. So it sounds more like multiple people that you play with have those modes disabled causing the chances for them to be selected to be low.

I think it used to be this way, but they changed it for Blood Orchid.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Q8ee posted:

hostage is most fun for the hilarious outcomes, bomb is best strategic gamemode because you have so many different options for attack. secure can be lame cause like others have said, fuze just spams, but i've noticed now that there are way more operators, fuze spam isn't that commonplace anymore.

Fuze spam isn't commonplace because they changed the way Fuze charges work. Previously you either missed or killed, there was quite literally no other outcome to it. Now Fuze charges injure operators depending on how close they are to the puck (meaning you could do something like 55 damage to an operator and still have them trucking around wherever you Fuzed)

Qubee
May 31, 2013

when my team and I all choose to disable certains maps / gamemodes, they rarely - if ever - crop up when we queue.

also I didn't realise Fuze was nerfed. makes sense, I've seen far more injures than outright kills with Fuze. now we actually have a change to crawl to safety and get picked up.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

It makes sense because team rainbow is just training together. You'll notice terrorist hunt doesn't actually have the container gamemode because when you fight for realsies it doesn't count to be king of the hill for 15 seconds :eng101:

i've always just looked at it as tom clancy civil war because it is truly horrific and funny to imagine becauae god forbid they ever do a single player or coop campaign for this beyond the tutorial

also don't you dare suggest that thermite's captain america helmet doesn't directly support this theory as being canon lmao

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Anyone have an idea of how to fix microphone not working with Siege?
I cannot voice communicate in game with my AT2020, and Ubisoft refuses to give me the option to check microphone settings in game beyond ptt or not and volume.

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!

Q8ee posted:

also I didn't realise Fuze was nerfed. makes sense, I've seen far more injures than outright kills with Fuze. now we actually have a change to crawl to safety and get picked up.

He was buffed, not nerfed. The blast radius to injure was added on top of the already existing blast radius to kill, not deducted from.

E: For those on TTS, what's the consensus on the new operators?

polka fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 2, 2017

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

WirelessPillow posted:

I cannot voice communicate in game with my AT2020, and Ubisoft refuses to give me the option to check microphone settings in game beyond ptt or not and volume.

Is it the default windows recording device?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

lohli posted:

Is it the default windows recording device?

Yep, only mic plugged in, set as default, works on everything else except for R6, been trying to fix this problem for a while and all I can find on google is "set default" and "rename mic" none of which work =/

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

WirelessPillow posted:

Yep, only mic plugged in, set as default, works on everything else except for R6, been trying to fix this problem for a while and all I can find on google is "set default" and "rename mic" none of which work =/

Try disabling shadowplay.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

lohli posted:

Try disabling shadowplay.

I've had shadowplay completely disabled for a while, still no dice

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

Has anyone ever had their Uplay account hacked? I've logged into siege and been notified I've been banned for cheating, despite me not playing for a few months. People on my friends list were getting constant game invites the other week while I wasn't logged in, so I've had to change my password. I wonder if Ubisoft gives a poo poo and will unban my account (if they look at login IPs etc?). Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this sort of thing before.

Yeah 2-part authentication yadda yadda, I'll enable it now but it's just a videogame and I haven't had to take any crazy security precautions for a single game before.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I think a goon or two had their accounts hacked over a year ago, they didn't get banned though so I have no idea whether or not ubi will be kind to you.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

lohli posted:

I think a goon or two had their accounts hacked over a year ago, they didn't get banned though so I have no idea whether or not ubi will be kind to you.

Yeah I had my account hacked for a few hours while I was at class like a year or more ago. Don't know if he hacked while he was playing (or if he even got the chance to play) but I didn't get banned. Fucker did delete my entire friends list though :arghfist:

This was before uPlay even had 2-factor authentication though. I urge everyone to put 2-factor auth on all of your Steam/uPlay/Origin/whatever accounts if you don't have it on already.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

just played casual for about two hours straight with some really laid back Russian dudes. they were oddly endearing, they told me "you're the first person who likes us" and when I asked them what they meant, they told me they pretty much get told to shut the gently caress up as soon as people hear their accent.

I felt a little bad as I wasn't sure if playing with me made the matches skewed for them, since I was totally wiping the floor with the enemy (I could go 10 kills 0 deaths easily) and they'd be dying a lot. they were also very new to the game. so I opted for support roles: I'd play doc and just act as their personal healers, or I'd play Monty / Blitz / Thermite and just keep them protected or open up new pathways to attack. playing against scrubs in casual is a god drat riot, though. getting called hacker after every kill, and using sound and map knowledge to totally trump them, and instantly flicking to a headshot. feels good, mang

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I've been playing with a completely newbie friend (level 15 right now I think?), with two friends who know the maps but have potato pcs and aim to match, and for some reason the game keeps thinking "why yes, this group would love to play against level 200 plat players"

At least during the last match I got the impression that opfor didn't try too hard and we eked out a victory, but it's really discouraging for my new friend to see our team fold like wet paper and to get headshotted out of nowhere every round. :(

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I like that some callouts are consistent between levels. Like, of course multiple houses and business have kitchens, but a couple of maps have pianos, or big blue painted areas or whatever. If a piano or similar ideas could be worked into all new maps I think new players would have an easier time. Instead of a actual piano, there's a piano mural on the wall, in a store on the new map you could have those big keys on the floor, etc.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Tale of a sad Cav player:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LachrymoseDrabWolverineGOWSkull

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm hard coded to just use cardinal directions now, relative to the person. I always feel confused when people call the rooms by name, because I spend a few seconds going 'right, good, where IS that, again?'

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
One map in the game has two bathrooms. Another has two freezers.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah, recently a friend called out kitchen while I was the last person alive, and I stopped dead, paralyzed by a brain fart, and I yelled out in discord "this map doesn't have a kitchen!!!" in a "what kind of callout is that?!?" tone, and then immediately realized oh poo poo, yeah, kitchen downstairs. After a quick mea culpa I ran to the obj and aced the round.*

*I did not ace I quickly got merked after running into a blitz who had backup

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

WirelessPillow posted:

Make sure your microphone is set as default communication device as well, not just recording

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

The Duggler posted:

Make sure your microphone is set as default communication device as well, not just recording

I had to set my threshold to 80 to fix it, a random youtuber answered a comment where I had the issue and solved it :)

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewUV9s_yP-g

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Live. Die. Repeat.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SillyTemperedCockroachSoBayed

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

now ur lagging w/portals

:catstare:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I never used to understand the Ash hitbox being cardboard, but god drat so many times I nailed what I thought was a headshot, but it completely misses her. I'm gonna have to start training myself to go for torso shots instead of headshots against her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

have fun getting the same results

3 speeds + tactical feminine hitboxes are notorious for bullet dodging

• Locked thread