Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
That's a really long layoff for Bama.

Also Clemson-Oklahoma is going to be a really fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why is literally anyone but Bama fans happy about this? OSU sucks but is Bama a better option? In terms of football it's the right choice but goddamn.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Let this be a lesson, if you're a blue blood program you shouldn't schedule anyone with a pulse. Why Michigan started the Notre Dame series back up with a 9 game conference schedule instead of just pounding on an FCS team is beyond me

Eh, the lesson here is mostly pays to be Bama. I dont think any other team in the country gets that same benefit of the doubt. Theyre basically champions Emeritus with the right to challenge for the title at any time.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

A wise Buckeye fan with money to burn wanting to go to a bowl game would book tickets to Phoenix right the gently caress now before prices jump.

I have no inside info, I'm just sensing the inevitability of yet another Fiesta Bowl.

No matter if it was Alabama, Wisconsin, or Ohio State, they who play Clemson are going to get their head kicked in.

Yates posted:

Herbstreit is such trash. What a loving tool.

I didn't see or hear what he said because I'm at the beach, I'm just agreeing with this in general.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I see Bama won the privilege of getting whooped by Clemson

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harlock posted:

Hot take but if you don't even qualify for your conference title, you shouldn't be considered for the national championship.

Or don't lose two games

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

Serious question: if OSU loses to Iowa by say 10 at Kinnick, are they in right now?

that or if they blew out WI, I think

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Let this be a lesson, if you're a blue blood program you shouldn't schedule anyone with a pulse. Why Michigan started the Notre Dame series back up with a 9 game conference schedule instead of just pounding on an FCS team is beyond me

Bama scheduled Florida State, Clemson scheduled Auburn, Georgia scheduled Notre Dame and Oklahoma scheduled Ohio State.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why is literally anyone but Bama fans happy about this? OSU sucks but is Bama a better option? In terms of football it's the right choice but goddamn.

I think Bama-Clemson has a much better chance of being a fun game to watch than OSU-Clemson

Also:

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/937375417047982080

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why is literally anyone but Bama fans happy about this? OSU sucks but is Bama a better option?

Yes.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I can't wait for Saban to eventually retire so we can go a year in the CFP without Alabama in it. It's going to be another 10 years before this happens, but I'll be ready.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Randaconda posted:

Or don't lose two games

If OSU has scheduled a cupcake like Florida State instead of Oklahoma theyd be in.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adun posted:

I think Bama-Clemson has a much better chance of being a fun game to watch than OSU-Clemson

Also:

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/937375417047982080

:drat:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why is literally anyone but Bama fans happy about this?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In terms of football it's the right choice but goddamn.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If OSU has scheduled a cupcake like Florida State instead of Oklahoma theyd be in.

:saddowns:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I dont think Alabama has any business getting in but it owns a lot that Iowa beat the piss out of Ohio State and kept them out of the playoff

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Te committee just proved that everything they said about criteria is bullshit and their ties to the South matter most.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Will they put two teams from the same conference in again after Bama and Georgia get boatraced?

yes

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Randaconda posted:

Or don't lose two games

If losses matter - UCF, if wins matter - OSU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Good job, Iowa

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

SourKraut posted:

I can't wait for Saban to eventually retire so we can go a year in the CFP without Alabama in it. It's going to be another 10 years before this happens, but I'll be ready.

Nah, it'll take Dabo 2yrs at Bama to get them back into the CFP...

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Let this be a lesson, if you're a blue blood program you shouldn't schedule anyone with a pulse.

UGA won at ND

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

Te committee just proved that everything they said about criteria is bullshit and their ties to the South matter most.

Really what they said is dont get crushed by lovely teams.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Really what they said is don’t get crushed by lovely teams.

Actually you'll find that this loss was an aberration and should be completely ignored

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/USCScoop/status/935351428524027904

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am not good at math, but what is the probability that one of the SEC teams will make the Title Game, giving each one a 50 percent chance of winning their semi-final?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

If we have to suffer Scionix telling us to kisstharingz for another offseason after losing his division, Im gonna lose it.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

MourningView posted:

I don’t think Alabama has any business getting in but it owns a lot that Iowa beat the piss out of Ohio State and kept them out of the playoff

I'm happy to see Iowa ruin someone else's season for a change.

Actually, blame it on the rain that kept on falling during the Penn State - Michigan State game

Komet fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 3, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Auburn was above USC

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea Hocutt basically just said it was the Iowa loss

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Yates posted:

Herbstreit is such trash. What a loving tool.

remember that a week ago Herbie was vehemently defending Schiano

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Michael Corleone posted:

I am not good at math, but what is the probability that one of the SEC teams will make the Title Game, giving each one a 50 percent chance of winning their semi-final?

I think Oklahoma will run a train on Georgia; the wildcard is Alabama-Clemson, because Alabama hasn't looked sharp the last few weeks in facing actual, decent competition, but Clemson is Clemson. My hope is that Clemson will win by a couple of touchdowns at least and really embarrass Alabama on the national stage so that people stop treating Alabama like it was 5 years ago.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

There's a difference between acknowledging it's the right choice and celebrating it, dude.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

One of the worse SEC as a total in memory is the year they get 2 in is weird

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Michael Corleone posted:

75%

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Roll tide

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea Hocutt basically just said it was the Iowa loss

I'm generally against sitting athletic directors from being on the committee but at least ttu will never be in consideration.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

LeeMajors posted:

If we have to suffer Scionix telling us to kisstharingz for another offseason after losing his division, Im gonna lose it.

Bama will be lucky to have 200 yards of total offense against Clemson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Komet posted:

I'm happy to see Iowa ruin someone else's season for a change

This is the purpose of all football in Iowa. To ruin the seasons of much better funded teams.

I long for the day we see Iowa vs Iowa State in a playoff game, just to see the state shut down and migrate for the game.

• Locked thread