Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Oklahoma should pay someone to monitor Baker 24/7 because winning a Heisman, getting a playoff spot and having a few weeks off seems like a recipe for personal life disaster.

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I sat next to Travis Homer's dad on the flight home. Spent the whole time talking. Nice dude.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

Bama will be lucky to have 200 yards of total offense against Clemson.

Oklahoma is my only save grace in this playoff. gently caress everyone else.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Yep, this.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

The SEC was propped up all year by this committee.

Hey can you tell me real quick how many ranked OOC wins the big ten had this year

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Emron posted:

Hey can you tell me real quick how many ranked OOC wins the big ten had this year

Wherein we pretend that the bottom 3/4ths of the SEC wasn't a loving flaming pile of garbage.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

how could you forget about the Humiliation of Jameis Winston by the Oregon Ducks

I said good game not hilarious game.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The lesson for the Big 10 is they should eliminate a conference game and go back to scheduling FCS cupcakes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
ahahahahahahaha this is the best outcome

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Like come on y'all.

The SEC was like vintage ACC Coastal mess this season outside of the top 3.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Basically you have the four least likeable teams in the nation backed by the four worst fan bases playing for the title. Wonderful.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Yates posted:

Basically you have the four least likeable teams in the nation backed by the four worst fan bases playing for the title. Wonderful.
I dunno, I don't have strong feelings about Oklahoma or Clemson

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Wherein we pretend that the bottom 3/4ths of the SEC wasn't a loving flaming pile of garbage.

Eh, bottom half really. The west was solidly average. Bama and Auburn were good, LSU and MSU were okay, A&M was mediocre, Arkansas and Ole Miss were bad.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Yates posted:

Bring back the BCS.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

LeeMajors posted:

Big time. I'd love to see Mayfield sling his way to a title.

I'll be honest, JFF rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't despise him but seeing him lose was fun. Mayfield does a lot of the same poo poo but I guess I like the cut of his jib and give him a pass. I guess that makes me a hypocrite but something about flag planting at midfield and grabbing nuts at the other team makes me want to see him hoist the Heisman and crystal football (or w/e the trophy is now).

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yates posted:

All fan bases are awful

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Where did I do that? I’ve posted that the SEC sucks rear end in this forum like ten times this season. If the SEC was propped up this year, I want to see how the big ten wasn’t.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yates posted:

Hahahaha sure

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Eh, bottom half really. The west was solidly average. Bama and Auburn were good, LSU and MSU were okay, A&M was mediocre, Arkansas and Ole Miss were bad.

"Okay" p5 teams don't lose to Troy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Yates posted:

Not even close bud.

Florida, Florida State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Miami fanbases are far less likable than OU or Clemson.

But Bama and Georgia are insufferable.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zerilan posted:

2-loss teams don't make the playoff

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Yates posted:

Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Penn State are not, in fact, in the playoffs.

divx
Aug 21, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

ahahahahahahaha this is the best outcome

I'm praying for a UGA vs BAMA championship and 4 hours of S-E-C chants

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

LSU lost to loving Troy at home duder.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Yates posted:

Is there an alternate Michigan-A&M-ND-Florida State playoff?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Zerilan posted:

They beat Auburn, a good team, and managed not to lose to Syracuse, unlike a certain #1 team in the country. They won 9 games. They were an okay team with a stupid loss.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Yates posted:

But they left Ohio State out and Auburn didn’t make it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
this would have been a perfect year for split championships since everyone sucks in their own fun way

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA at the rose bowl seems pretty cool, dunno about you guys.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
UGA and Clemson's fanbases were identical until last year because it was two groups of people huffing fumes on the success of what happened 30 years ago. Bama is Bama. OU isn't even in the same stratosphere as the other three.

e: UGA and Clemson fans were mostly just self-hating, which is an A+ fanbase quality.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I’m ok with the 4 teams that are in, but I just can’t stand how the idiots on tv are talking about it. Ugh.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Unless you're a fan of a team that got left out, getting upset over the playoff is pointless. A playoff with Iowa State/Wake Forest/Purdue/Vanderbilt or whatever is never going to happen, it's always going to be some mixture of the same ~10 or so teams. Just like it was in the BCS era.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA at the rose bowl seems pretty cool, dunno about you guys.

:agreed:

I am so excited. I casually looked into going but that just ain’t happening.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

UGA and Clemson's fanbases were identical until last year because it was two groups of people huffing fumes on the success of what happened 30 years ago. Bama is Bama. OU isn't even in the same stratosphere as the other three.
A lot of OU fans, especially ones around here, are real cool.

But good lord some of their fanbase is like Bamer West

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crotch Bat posted:

e: UGA and Clemson fans were mostly just self-hating, which is an A+ fanbase quality.

Three words:

Big Game Bob.

Also, credit to OU, they transitioned pretty well, though you can argue that it was on Stoops' recruiting.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

LSU lost to loving Troy at home duder.

Sometimes teams lose games they shouldn’t. LSU looked pretty bad in that game but they won 9 games and beat “good” SEC team Auburn. They also didn’t lost to Syracuse.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sometimes teams lose games they shouldn’t. LSU looked pretty bad in that game but they won 9 games and beat “good” SEC team Auburn. They also didn’t lost to Syracuse.

LSU looked like straight rear end for most of the season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Good to see the third best team in the SEC make the playoff

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

A lot of OU fans, especially ones around here, are real cool.

But good lord some of their fanbase is like Bamer West

Yea, I mean there's obviously going to be some of that but just nationally I don't see nearly as much of it as the other three. I'm sure being in their conference brings you closer to the insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

divx posted:

I'm praying for a UGA vs BAMA championship and 4 hours of S-E-C chants

an all SEC national title game would loving rule for the meltdowns alone

• Locked thread