Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Crotch Bat posted:

Yea, I mean there's obviously going to be some of that but just nationally I don't see nearly as much of it as the other three. I'm sure being in their conference brings you closer to the insanity.

I mean its hard to basically eclipse the absolute stupidity that is the Longhorns of the University of Texas, but yeah.

Granted, we don't even have real rivals in the conference anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

LSU looked like straight rear end for most of the season.

They looked almost exactly the same as the last three of four years, including winning 9 games. Suspect offense, pretty good defense, boneheaded coaching and discipline problems. It’s like Les never left. That still puts them solidly in “okay” territory.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Lol if you thought Wisconsin ever had a chance.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

186 posted:

Lol if you thought Wisconsin ever had a chance.

i mean they had multiple chances to win that game because ohio state is garbage

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Looks like NOLA Bowl is North Texas v Troy

gently caress, game is too early for Jeff Wilson to come back for gently caress

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This is the exact situation where they should have put in UCF because no one else deserves it, but obviously that was never gonna happen.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Ah yes that time of year where I get to hear that Florida fans are truly gods gift to the planet and not as bad as everyone they point fingers at.

Keep going. I’m so close.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i mean they had multiple chances to win that game because ohio state is garbage

I agree, however I think this result pretty blatantly shows that the committee wanted Alabama in, hell or high water. Wisconsin could've pulled that win off at the end and the result would've been the same.

Losing just made the decision easier.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

vikingstrike posted:

Ah yes that time of year where I get to hear that Florida fans are truly gods gift to the planet and not as bad as everyone they point fingers at.

Uh, actually, Clemson fans are god's gift to the planet and super classy and never do anything wrong ever.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I think the playoff was a mistake and we should go back to 2 teams playing for the title only

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vikingstrike posted:

I actually pointed out UF fan base as awful so

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
drat, I don't get to see Wisky's rag-armed quarterback get smoked by Clemson. :(

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Roll Tide

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

Not even close bud.

Florida, Florida State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Miami fanbases are far less likable than OU or Clemson.

But Bama and Georgia are insufferable.

i'm delightful, actually

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

SourKraut posted:

I think the chances of 0% are pretty good, but that's the problem - if these teams all played right now, in a week or so, I fully think Clemson would destroy Alabama and Oklahoma would destroy Georgia.

But having a month to prepare makes it so Alabama very likely could win. I still think Georgia loses.

How good is Oklahoma's run defense?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LeeMajors posted:

I actually pointed out UF fan base as awful so

I’ll give you that. Misread your post in passing.

Unfortunately at the drat hospital. My family has got to stop hurting themselves.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Fast Luck posted:

This is the exact situation where they should have put in UCF because no one else deserves it, but obviously that was never gonna happen.

This was the only correct possible way for this to be handled.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Please let SDSU get into the foster farms bowl

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I would have been happy with Auburn making it, all they did was get punished for playing an extra game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Randaconda posted:

i'm delightful, actually

Most SA representatives from their uniformly awful fanbases are just fine.

Your delightfulness does not absolve #FSUTwitter

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Lasagna Pilot posted:

How good is Oklahoma's run defense?

Mediocre to fine, better than the secondary which is utter trash

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Pretty much every fan base as a whole sucks so why even try to rank them. Groups of people who invest their identity in things that they are not directly involved in tend to be awful to be around.

I mean i pick on Georgia fans as much as the next guy but I lived in Tuscaloosa for 13 years and Bama people are pretty awful too.

That being said, roll tide.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
HAHAHAHAHH ROLL TIDE BABY KISS THE RINGZ GONNA LOSE BY THIRTY TO CLEMSON BITCH AJ MCARRON SHOULD BE STARTING BITCH WOOOOOO

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

186 posted:

I agree, however I think this result pretty blatantly shows that the committee wanted Alabama in, hell or high water. Wisconsin could've pulled that win off at the end and the result would've been the same.

Losing just made the decision easier.

nah i think if wisconsin had won they'd be in

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Rad Valtar posted:

Te committee just proved that everything they said about criteria is bullshit and their ties to the South matter most.

I think Ohio State is in if the Iowa game is a TD loss instead of a completely inexplicable blowout loss to an average team, that absolutely can't happen to a title contender in a sport that is part beauty pageant.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

nah i think if wisconsin had won they'd be in

Keeping out an undefeated p5 would have been really hard to justify.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The committee is terrible but the only team that really can bitch is UCF. Other than that everybody with a strong argument for why they might be #1 got in, which is the whole idea behind having a 4 team playoff vs a single championship game.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I think Ohio State is in if the Iowa game is a TD loss instead of a completely inexplicable blowout loss to an average team, that absolutely can't happen to a title contender in a sport that is part beauty pageant.

Yea that Iowa game was brutal and absolutely kept them out

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

Scionix posted:

HAHAHAHAHH ROLL TIDE BABY KISS THE RINGZ GONNA LOSE BY THIRTY TO CLEMSON BITCH AJ MCARRON SHOULD BE STARTING BITCH WOOOOOO

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lasagna Pilot posted:

This is why the Big 10 was dumb for moving to 9 conference games instead of 8 + FCS. Ohio State is playing Western Illinois instead of Iowa and in the playoff this year.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Your delightfulness does not absolve #FSUTwitter

Yeah, I sometimes forget how awful other fans can be when I wander away from the chillness of TFF and see somebody losing their minds in a comments section or a sportswriter's Twitter mentions. It's rough out there.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just wait until UNC is good again bitches

I'll make you pine for the days of big herm and shooter mcgavin

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Niwrad posted:

This is why the Big 10 was dumb for moving to 9 conference games instead of 8 + FCS. Ohio State is playing Western Illinois instead of Iowa and in the playoff this year.

Or they coulda just not got blown out by Iowa.

Or they could have not lost to Oklahoma.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I'll be honest, the only ones I heap scorn on are the Big 12 officials.

I just can't really think of a good reason to get buttmad about other teams' fans.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

I'll be honest, the only ones I heap scorn on are the Big 12 officials.

I just can't really think of a good reason to get buttmad about other teams' fans.

Not an SEC fan I see.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

UCF #12 lmao

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Or they coulda just not got blown out by Iowa.

Or they could have not lost to Oklahoma.

True. But playing the system the right way helps.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/937398468305330177

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington at No. 11, Cotton Bowl here we come :woof:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

At some point they're going to announce the bowl games, right? I just want to know what trash Bowl BC is going to lose.

• Locked thread