Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

Don't buy a netbook to play games.

netbook is great to play diablo 2. also heroes of might and magic 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
ok if controllers are so good at gaming lets start combining controller players and mouse and keyboard players

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That would be stupid. Because mice are more accurate. What about "I like x thing better because I enjoy it more" triggers all of your broke brains to just start saying "objectively objectively objectively"

Not having to interact with PC gamers is the best reason to play games on console.

I like that this victorianqueerlit guy is still hung up on me being some huge Nintendo fanboy because I didn't back up his bs statement about Mario odessy being the worst game of all time. :lol:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Video game tiddes are good

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Pokemon Black and White were good.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Steam Controller is a hell of a cool idea and would probably have revolutionized control schemes if it had come out fifteen years ago.

Motion controls are really, really good in some contexts, like precision aim in Zelda or Splatoon.

Mega Man X4 is very nearly the best of the series, second only to X1.

Both Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are good.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

That would be stupid. Because mice are more accurate. What about "I like x thing better because I enjoy it more" triggers all of your broke brains to just start saying "objectively objectively objectively"

Not having to interact with PC gamers is the best reason to play games on console.

I like that this victorianqueerlit guy is still hung up on me being some huge Nintendo fanboy because I didn't back up his bs statement about Mario odessy being the worst game of all time. :lol:
Ah yes, truly the console peasant has escaped hell on earth by choosing to play on overpriced and inferior hardware that's successfully marketed at children. With thay age range skewing at least 10+ years younger than a pc audience and more often into into minor age ranges. Truly you must live as if in nirvana by playing inferior versions of handicapped games made worse on purpose to fit console specs for inferior hardware as you fall into a zen trance and touch divinity you heavenly dolt.

Hey man, I liked Nintendo as a kid and still like many of their first party games but not enough to vuy that poo poo or deal with a bunch of snot nosed children. fanboy or not, you're more or less admitting to enjoying playing games with young boys with absentee parents. Dont tell me console players don't skew younger because as i grew the gently caress up i began to notice the number of squeakers calling each other racial and homophobic words only rose and rose. The quality of the average pc gamer has always been a typically boring college kid, or a slightly stupid idiot unwinding after work. Of course that might be insufferable if your intent is to prey on people's children with an encyclopedic knowledge of Nintendo.

Tell me, do you also like Star Trek TNG and do you solicit those "intellectual superiors" of pc gamers for friend requests and phone numbers? Maybe their kiks and snap chays so you can talk about "mario" and "sonic"?

So yeah forgive me for writing a full thesis when a couple of sentences may have sufficed when describing how you just admitted to preferring the company of young children over adults.

Tell me which Buddhist heavenly plane is the one where you get to hit on young boys while calling you the N word as you go on a tirade obsessing about Mario again?

Sorry man but your case for liking console players is loving creepy.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Ah yes, paleblood

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I'd like to invite anyone to explain why auto aim in games is a bad thing, without sounding like someone who's head any reasonable human would want to stuff in a toilet.

Its the same reason giving more money to employees isnt always a GOOD thing

You get used to it, come to expect it, and are actually no more enjoying your career/videogame now than you were before you had it

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Lol these console wars are some serious poo poo. I play console because the only functional human beings i know who play games only have consoles so thats what i play. I have games on my pc but im seriosuly the only person i have ever met that plays games on their computer. There are definetly a bunch of shithead kids but if we are making accusations like console players are child molesters i would just counter that pc players are a subspecies that dies in the sunlight or has been made up whole cloth i dunno.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm gonna assume that basic hitler post was a joke but I honestly can't tell with some of these people.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
old school platformers and side scrollers should make a comeback

also, shoot anyone who doesn't include local coop in a console that can render a billion polygons nowadays

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I'm gonna assume that basic hitler post was a joke but I honestly can't tell with some of these people.

Take it the way that's funnier.

Factually there's nothing creepier than a hardcore adult nintendo fan and i say that as someone who plays like 2 or 3 games a year with no real dog in rhe console wars. They're all poo poo and the games are poo poo for idiots.

But i went on that tirade because i was having fun doing it

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

sure okay posted:

Its the same reason giving more money to employees isnt always a GOOD thing

You get used to it, come to expect it, and are actually no more enjoying your career/videogame now than you were before you had it

I sometimes wish I hadn't even bought the drat job.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I used to love PC gaming, but since MOBAS and PUBG clones have taken over the multiplayer scene I bought a PS4 and have had much more fun playing online multiplayer games. There's almost no hacking or cheating, I don't randomly lag, and even though everyone is crying about aim-assist, console multiplayer games provide a more fair experience to the players by normalizing control schemes and control devices.

Where on PC you might face some guy with a 21 button, 1mil dpi setting razer mouse, on console everyone is using the same controllers with the same capabilities, so for the most part everyone is on even ground. Not to mention playing with a gamepad in games like Tekken, Rocket League, and GTA is much more satisfying than a tactless M + K.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Voting one on this thread and I think you all know what you did.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

a bone to pick posted:

Pokemon Black and White were good.
Molyneux' Black and White could have been pretty drat good without the bullshit influence radius stuff.

Also the only implementation of console fps that doesn't make me want to die while playing it is the Metroid Prime Series. loving nailed it control scheme-wise.

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 3, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I recently tried Pokémon Black, and it was mind numbing. So slow, so repetitive, so grindy (the fact that the Pokémon I saw had lazy designs pales in comparison to the tedious gameplay). I don't know what I expected from a JRPG, I should have known better, but I remembered having a good time playing Red as a kid.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Somebody told me that Pokemon B&W was a totally revamped Pokemon game with gameplay innovations and a proper plot aimed at an older audience. That was the most owned I've ever been in my entire life.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Lol if you play Pokemon games for the plot.

Heroes of the Storm is at least 100x more fun than League of Legends.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

if you guys like playing games with controllers you should try with the separated switch joycons, it is just ultimate lounging, your arms hanging at your side like a slug, pure gaming comfort

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

That game you like? *points at you*

Well, bud, it's trash

*flips you the bird*

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Persona is some anime bullshit

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Hey you gently caress retards, this is the unpopular videogame opinions thread, not "hottest takes of the year 2005."

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Consoles are an outdated relic of a bygone era when processing power was sparse and expensive and you needed a dedicated machine to play games that were graphically intensive but now consoles are just shittier PCs and Nintendo are the only manufacturers that understand that a console should offer a unique experience that you can't get by just plugging a controller into a computer

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Dont the console versions always sell more by like millions?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DogonCrook posted:

Dont the console versions always sell more by like millions?

PC is a bygone relic of when you actually had to have a computer to play decent games. Now no one gives a gently caress about them because it's an expensive waste of time. It's a wasteland of turbo nerds and teenage Youtubers.

I'm just giving it back PC is fine

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

pc gaming is what happens when a nerd wants to spend money on his hobby really really badly, and all of the intensity of spirit that goes with it

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Mole Mania was a fun and good game.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
gently caress "game" as a verb (in relation to videogames) and anyone who uses it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

food court bailiff posted:

The Steam Controller is a hell of a cool idea and would probably have revolutionized control schemes if it had come out fifteen years ago.
I love the controller but the discs just don't work as intended. The left one is refried rear end with a side of rear end if you try to use it as a D-Pad, and the right one only kind-of works as a substitute for a mouse cursor or camera.

Some games work amazing if you only need one joystick for all movement (the Sexy Brutale works like a dream)... But for literally everything else I use my old 360 controller.

Also some of y'all are seriously dumb if you think a PC gamer with half a brain doesn't have a controller.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

veni veni veni posted:

So is K+M an inferior way to play games now that we have touch screens and VR headsets that provide even better accuracy? Since control is defined by how fast we can click on things apparently? Why use a mouse when you can just tap on something or look at it?

Touch screens are NOT better than tactile buttons and gently caress steve jobs for making everyone think that

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I really hate how every loving appliance in the world has a touch screen

Who can wait for the day when the Xbox720 releases and its just a repurposed iphone for a controller and everything is touchscreen? Because its coming

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oscar Wild posted:

Persona is some anime bullshit

*said approvingly and lovingly*

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

Touch screens are NOT better than tactile buttons and gently caress steve jobs for making everyone think that

That was kind of my point.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

I really hate how every loving appliance in the world has a touch screen

Who can wait for the day when the Xbox720 releases and its just a repurposed iphone for a controller and everything is touchscreen? Because its coming

If it were that bad of an idea, Nintendo would have done it by now.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

veni veni veni posted:

That was kind of my point.

Oh whoops

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Touch screen keyboards can go die in a fire.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
the ngage should make a comeback with dedicated dpad and thumbsticks and buttons in a slide out phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

mind the walrus posted:

I love the controller but the discs just don't work as intended. The left one is refried rear end with a side of rear end if you try to use it as a D-Pad, and the right one only kind-of works as a substitute for a mouse cursor or camera.

nah man I used to think this exact same stuff and then i did twenty minutes of research on how to configure it better and it owns. i mean like, i run mega man games from the legacy collections using the left disc as a d-pad, you just need to set some tolerances for diagonal input

it's got a learning curve sure but the sheer adaptability is completely unparalleled