Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Moonwolf posted:

Stamina pot is pretty much essential for everyone, they're just such useful extenders of a rest period.

Yeah. For delaying death it's much better then the health potion. Also situational card retreval is huge.

I'd say 75% of scenarios you need to use your big move and retrieve it for the next turn. (Unless you're cragheart) still stamina potion will be useful every single scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Just got mine too! :woop:

:yeah:

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Played today for the first time in a few months. Still surprising how heavy it is.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
YES I FINALLY HEARD ABOUT MY COPY AND ITS ARRIVING ON MY BIRTHDAY.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I got my shipping notice too! :)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Holy poo poo.

Retired mindthiefs. Got two figure class
:catstare::black101:

This game just went from in the running for best game ever to well in the lead. Scoundrel and that class gonna pair really well.

Kid about unlock music so I don't know what I'm gonna play soon. She is really excited about that first class.

Love this game.

R2Brew
Oct 15, 2006

Got Sedin?
I’m still waiting for my shipping notice so jumping on the complain train. I’ve got a game night already scheduled for Gloomhaven on the 13th and want to see it before I determine a storage solution.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

About to have some real first world problems because Broken Token is slow as hell to send my organizer, but even taking that into account I still didn't expect to get my game first.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Everyone who gets the broken token organizer should take the time to stain the wood. Makes it look so much better.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I didn't get it. But as a woodworker goon staining is super easy. You need a little can for $2 And a rag or old cut up t-shirt.

No brushes or anything. It's simple and beautiful

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
You don't need to spoiler the class symbols - they're clearly visible the moment you open the box. Definitely spoiler any actual details about the unlockable classes though, preferably with an associated symbol so people know if it's safe to view them.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

malkav11 posted:

You don't need to spoiler the class symbols - they're clearly visible the moment you open the box. Definitely spoiler any actual details about the unlockable classes though, preferably with an associated symbol so people know if it's safe to view them.

Didn't know how to describe that classes symbol. Also I didn't notice there was a double figure class full stop. So it was a awesome surprise getting opening the box and seeing what it was.

Didn't want to prevent someone else from that surprise even though it's not itself hidden.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The music note is the most powerful class in the game. You’ll probably want to raise the scenario level by at least 1 when it’s in your party.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 2, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

ketchup vs catsup posted:

The music note is the most powerful class in the game. You’ll probably want to raise the scenario over by at least 1 when it’s in your party.

gently caress yeah. Playing it soon. I'll be the lowest level in the party at that point.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

I didn't get it. But as a woodworker goon staining is super easy. You need a little can for $2 And a rag or old cut up t-shirt.

No brushes or anything. It's simple and beautiful

Didn't know it was that easy. Any recommendations for the type of wood they use?

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

My current personal quests will unlock Saw, Not Quite Concentric Circles, Phoenix? (double mini), and Pumas UNAM. One of those quests will also open Envelope B. I've only successfully completed 2 scenarios so far. All that tantalizing unlocked content makes this feel like a boardgame MMO.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kiranamos posted:

Didn't know it was that easy. Any recommendations for the type of wood they use?

Stains are interchangeable if you aren't doing some antique fancy something.

They have the little tiny like 4oz tins. That's all you need it goes a long way. There are symbols on it so go for a light color. A light red would look great. Get a stain and finish minwax and it'll be great.

1. Wipe on with rag.
2. Wait 5 min.
3. Wipe off with rag. (Be thorough)
4. Let dry.

Done.

Oh and turn a fan on and open a window. It's got some fumes.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 2, 2017

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

So I just recently became aware of this game, it sounds really intriguing. I'll check around my local stores next week, is there anywhere to get it online? I read msrp is $120, but seeing it everywhere for 250ish...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Jan Feb for retail. Just scalpers right now.

There's not even a good place to preorder yet. But this thread will tell you when it happens.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 2, 2017

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

I'll definitely keep my eye out then! That's probably for the best. It would be better for me financially to buy it around then anyways.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Kiranamos posted:

This is what I used:

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS

Bombadilillo posted:

gently caress yeah. Playing it soon. I'll be the lowest level in the party at that point.

If you're playing with your kid - are you just duo-ing? Because that class really shines when there are 3 or 4 characters. With 2 it might be a bit rough.

Also, pay attention to when you can start running solo scenarios - music note class's solo scenario reward makes it a lot easier to play

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I started doing a component check.

Unfortuntely I have been hit by 2 issues on the punch boards.
- 1 punch board (05) had the splitting issue for a 1 marker and a map tile ...found a summosn marker that is completely split as well

- 1 punch board is completely off in terms of the punch marks

Gonna have to send a mail to support I guess. There is no way around checking every envelope and stuff now, I don't wan t a bad surprise months down the road...

Additional question I know we are supposed to have 3 white standees, I also have a black and white one though. Is that normal?

Hopper fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 3, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Vehementi posted:

If you're playing with your kid - are you just duo-ing? Because that class really shines when there are 3 or 4 characters. With 2 it might be a bit rough.

Also, pay attention to when you can start running solo scenarios - music note class's solo scenario reward makes it a lot easier to play

I can do solos as of now.

We play a 3 player group with me de facto running 2 characters and another kid just doing the hit deck.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hopper posted:

I started doing a component check.

Unfortuntely I have been hit by 2 issues on the punch boards.

definitely send them an email one of the updates said they would replace poo poo no questions when people started mentioning they had problems

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

That board's even further off than the one I had. And yes, I think those three white standees are 'meant' to be there, I had them too. I think it's just the layout and not needing 3 more monsters.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
Ugh all this print fuckup stuff - I have 2 unopened copies I bought for The Future and now I feel like I should go rampage through them and count everything :(

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mine was perfect. They aren't all bad

Tried out scoundrel after being mindthief for a long time. Not impressed. It hits slightly harder but nothing nearly to make up for what mindthiefs can do to completely disrupt enemies. Also a lot less exciting to play.

While it can be consistently powerful I didn't enjoy it at all. On to Music! Built my initial character. Oh boy. Going to pair really well with the doublebox class.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 3, 2017

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Mine had one small problem with the cut of a piece, but other than that it was all solid.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Mine was either perfect or had an error too small to notice during punch-out. Obviously there's more problems than we'd like there to be, but I wouldn't stress over unopened product.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Finally retired a character after 11months. I’m going to miss my rock lobbing Cragheart.

I unlocked the star character. Really not sure how it will pair with my son's tinkerer.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Cragheart has been the best character I've seen. His automatic damage is so good. Plenty of classes can hit hard. But managing retaliating and shielding enemies and controlling the battlefield is really strong. 11 cards is huge too.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think I'm starting my campaign tomorrow, is there anything beyond what's mentioned in the first time guide I should really know? I've played the game before on TSS so I know how combat works mechanically and such, I'm mostly just trying to make sure I don't forget something stupid.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Designate someone to be in charge of the elemental board, otherwise it can very easy to forget to decrease elemental levels at the end of the round and then halfway through the next round you're not quite sure if it was done or not. It's not too important on your first few games as the starting classes (aside from the Spellweaver) and the monsters in the first few scenarios don't infuse all that much, but it's a good habit to get into. Do the same for status effects on monsters, it's also very easy to forget to remove those tokens from the monsters as they take their turns.

Download this monster flowchart and print it out or have it readily available on your phone. Monster turns will be dead simple 95% of the time, the other 5% of the time you will want this chart handy.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

Cragheart has been the best character I've seen. His automatic damage is so good. Plenty of classes can hit hard. But managing retaliating and shielding enemies and controlling the battlefield is really strong. 11 cards is huge too.

Funny, thats the opposite of how I've been playing two player, I'm the tinkerer, son is Cragheart. People were ragging on the tinkerer, but man he can really dish out a great deal of AOE damage if he wants to burn through cards.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Yeah I've been enjoying the Tinkerer, he keeps things going smoothly until you hit the last room and it's time to Go Nuclear

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
My copy arrived!

I won't actually have people to play with for a couple of weeks. And then will only have one or two sessions before leaving for Christmas vacation. At least I'll be able to occupy myself by punching all the boards in the meantime...

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
This looks like a game that could be a lot of fun but I don't have anyone to play it with. If I had the disposable income I might buy it to play by myself.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
What's a good estimate for length for a single dungeon/scenario?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

90-120 min is the average I've seen.